The Best Anime Composer?

Who is the best? Perhaps we'll never know but we might as well vote for it. This is an open vote reflecting the general mood of the forum. GIve reasons if possible when voting and remember, it's about the music, not the anime itself.Here are your listed artists with 5 anime they've been involved in composing.Masamichi Amano ( Urotsukidoji, Ninja Resurrection, Miyuki, Biohunter, Battle Royale. )Kuniaki Haishima ( Macross Zero, Blue Gender, Gasaraki, Monster, Requiem from the Darkness. )Tomoki Hasegawa ( Magical Princess Minky Momo, D.N.Angel, Tenchi in Tokyo, Quiz Magic Academy, Nana. )Yoshihisa Hirano ( Air Master, Death Note, Break Blade, Strawberry Panic, Ouran High School Host Club. )Joe Hisaishi ( Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke. )Masumi It? ( Galaxy Angel, Chrono Crusade, Zettai Shounen, Tactical Roar, Shigofumi. )Taku Iwasaki ( Soul Eater, Witch Hunter Robin, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, Kekkaishi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. )Yuki Kajiura ( Tsubasa Chronicle, Elemental Gelade, Pandora Hearts, My-HiME, .hack//SIGN. )Yoko Kanno ( Cowboy Bebop, Cardcaptor Sakura, The Vision of Escaflowne, Wolfs Rain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. )Shunsuke Kikuchi ( Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Highschool! Kimen-gumi, Mazinger Z, Gaiking. )K?tar? Nakagawa ( s-CRY-ed, Transformers: Energon, Zoids Genesis, GUNxSWORD, CODE GEASS Lelouch of the Rebellion. )Kow Otani ( City Hunter, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Eyeshield 21, Blade Of The Immortal. )Shir? Sagisu ( Neon Genesis Evangelion, Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, The End of Evangelion, Casshern, Bleach. )Toshihiko Sahashi ( Mobie Suit Gundam SEED, Hunter x Hunter, Full Metal Panic!, Black Blood Brothers, Kateky? Hitman Reborn! )Naoki Sat? ( Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion, Sword of the Stranger, X OAV, Sukisyo. )Akifumi Tada ( Final Fantasy: Unlimited, Samurai Gun, Seraphim Call, Tenchi Muyo! GXP, Tokyo Underground. )Kaoru Wada ( 3x3 Eyes, Battle Angel Alita, D.Gray-Man, InuYasha, Ninja Scroll. )Get voting!

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
A huge pleasure to see you posting here buddy.And damn you though!After looking at all of these, I've seen a handful, not just a few, a HANDFUL of fucking composers that I'm going to decide on...Code Geass, TTGL, GITS, Eureka seveN...hell, I thought s-CRY-ed had some good music from what I can remember.Fucker. And you know I'm already bad at choosing a favorite. DAMN YOU.But you know I love you <3 :DI'll decide later, lol

I hate when this happens, you get so many good composers you love, but you can only choose one. T-Tits an conspiracy. But anyway. Love most of those animes, seen most of them too. gah it was a very hard descion but I went with K?tar? Nakagawa. Why cause of code geass. not sure what else he did. but so far I love that one.

For me it's Yoko Kanno. Those particular anime have soundtracks that could easily stand alone as a worthwhile product, something not often seen in anime.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
It was a really tough choice, but I finally decided on Yoko Kano.the music in GITS was excellent. "Inner Universe" makes me want to orgasm a few times simultaneously.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Yoko Kano. The tracks on Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's rain are phenomenal. Naoki Sato isn't that bad either but nowhere as close as Kano.

DarkSign

Lolis' God
Staff member
My fav is not there!!!I love the songs made by Kawai Kenji (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, Higurashi series...)

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
Hell... a very hard choice between Joe Hisaishi and Yoko KannoI really loved the music from Code Geass, TTGL, and E7. I thought it was fantastic but I'm going to go with Joe Hisaishi as the best. Spirited Away's soundtrack was so amazing, emotional and it really moved me, I really love it. So after a loooooong debate in my head between these two composers, I pick Joe Hisaishi.

iwasaki is pretty dope lol... but the only reason i still keep up with bleach is cuz of the soundtrack... too lazy to identify the guy though

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
[quote name='"god' date=' post: 46314"']iwasaki is pretty dope lol... but the only reason i still keep up with bleach is cuz of the soundtrack... too lazy to identify the guy though[/quote]Shiro Sagisu