Terra Incognita Expansion Project

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
An Open Letter of Invitation

Terra Incognita Expansion Project is a last ditch effort to expand TI forum activities beyond the HSL section, by offering users (preferably; in groups) to take up TI oriented side-projects and to ensure these projects has sufficient amount of activities and long lasting continuity.

Projects can be anything of TI nature, from debate competition and chess club (both archived here), to newsletter and book review. While it is hard to define what constitute TI nature, in general we can define them as anything that requires intellectuality but does not belong to any other forums outside of TI.

Terra Incognita Expansion Project is open to every users, so do not hesitate to share your idea with us. Details, questions, clarifications or anything related to the project - feel free to post them here or sent them via PM to me.

Kind Regards.

Kaze Araki

Edit: I've hide all subsequent posts temporarily.
Now, let us wait for users with bright ideas that are capable of executing their thoughts into actions.

noex1337

Emmie was here
To be quite honest, I think our most pertinent issue is what it has been for the past couple of months: participation. We could think of new ideas but ultimately they become nothing more than novelty if we get the same people involved, only for them to lose interest after a while. While I don't have many tangible ideas, the first thing would be to create something for those who may not be interested in debating to regularly frequent the section.

Core

Fascinating...
The target of this open invitation is actually the large amount of anonymous guests that frequent HSL regularly.

To be honest what forums usually lack is a goal.. get a goal and youll get people. Offer fake prizes for debate contests.

oH I wanna judge (gets his big book O fallacies out)

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
Do mock Trails ...... Pick a random jury of 12 and have two debater go at it on a current event and the 12 jurors pick who won their argument

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
have people sign up for jury duty. like they do for AG and when you get the correct number the "trial" starts

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
well you can elect a "judge" for the week ....... That person if excepted ..... Picks the topic and sets the rules for the debate and puts the jury together. Then each week you have another selection and that person does it all over again and so on and so forth.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
How about teams?
For the debates, have teams of about 3 or so.
Like what I usually do :3
I'm open to all ideas, no actually that's not true at all.
I'm not really looking for ideas.
I'm looking for users (preferably in groups) that has ideas and are able to execute them.
Referring back to the opening post, can Arisu take this project?