Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Heaven Shattering Gurren Lagann

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Science Fiction

Episodes: 27

Summary: Simon, a fourteen year old digger discovers a special drill key deep in the ground, he is recruited by an eccentric fellow orphan named Kamina into his group, the "Team Gurren"; Kamina dreams to goto the surface world. They are then joined by Yoko when the villiage has been attacked by a huge robot. They discover that the small drill key can be used to activate the small robot, which Simon uses to end up destroying the much larger robot and effectively break through to the surface. (Note: Most humans live underground because the surface is taken over by Beastmen that rides the huge robots)

Storyline: It has a very unique fast pace storyline that skips moments in time which is good in its own way. Even through the one of the main characters does dies pretty early in the story, they still talking about him in a way to make them stronger... They have to overcome the death of there friend to move on and conquer the beastmen. There are 2 arcs where they first fight the beastmen then they have to fight the spiral which is more powerful then the original beastmen. 9/10

Graphics: The graphics are great and there are alot of shading in the anime. The unique styles of the anime makes it even better because this is not a normal anime to watch. 8/10

Music: The music makes people hyped up when the finishing blow is about to occur, intro and ending are pretty good also. I really do love the music from this anime, especially "Liberate me from Hell." 9/10

Characters: The characters are very well made and they get into there emotions. Since this anime is at epic perpotions where characters has to change in some ways then others. There is a gap with time, as the story skips a month to a few years so we see them grow up. 10/10

Overall: I would recommend this anime to anyone that likes comedy and action. I do especially love this anime with a passion because it shows how heroes do exists... 9/10

YouTube - 300 Gurren Lagann trailer AMV

Last edited:
Great review. Though I personally would have given it a lower in music and art.

Lol, I guess I should write my own instead of complaining about your's. :)

Last edited: