Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Fanclub

GodSlayer

Yeah Simon is like Kamina but better-ish. lol

What do you guys think..

A kid digging underground to slashing space and stopping time? xD

Lol the ending was pretty epic. But i didnt know why Simon avoided the kid when he asked a question at the end. =_=
I forget what did the kid ask, who are you or something?

Simon is a wanderer now and not the type to bring attention to himself, he won't be like yeah I'm the legendary Simon xD

I thought the ending was very appropriate with the theme of breaking through. Simon said it himself in the last episode, he's just a driller, one that creates the path for others to go through. And once he beat the Anti-Spiral his job was done, he had made it possible for humans to continue evolving and expanding without the threat of tyranny and oppression.

Gainax didn't just make the ending as it is to piss everyone off. They did it to be coherent a with the rest of the series.

I was certainly upset both when Kamina and Nia died but once I cooled down I kind of understood why the did it.

Kamina, as GAR as he may be, was really only there to make strengthen Simon's as the main protagonist in the later parts of the series. And once he died it gave Simon the opportunity to become the new Kamina. If Simon was babysat by Kamina the entire series he would have never been able to get as awesome nor as powerful as he did.

And Nia well, it's as I said before. To keep coherence with the rest of the story, Nia knew full well that once the Anti Spiral(her creators) were defeated that she would no longer be able to exist. She hinted as much during the final battle.

And I also believe that while miraculous saviors and/or resurrections may be very appropriate in some anime they tend to cheapify shows like Gurren Lagann. Go watch Mai-Hime if you want a good example of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

GodSlayer

I was certainly upset both when Kamina and Nia died but once I cooled down I kind of understood why the did it.

Kamina, as GAR as he may be, was really only there to make strengthen Simon's as the main protagonist in the later parts of the series. And once he died it gave Simon the opportunity to become the new Kamina. If Simon was babysat by Kamina the entire series he would have never been able to get as awesome nor as powerful as he did.

And Nia well, it's as I said before. To keep coherence with the rest of the story, Nia knew full well that once the Anti Spiral(her creators) were defeated that she would no longer be able to exist. She hinted as much during the final battle.

And I also believe that while miraculous saviors and/or resurrections may be very appropriate in some anime they tend to cheapify shows like Gurren Lagann. Go watch Mai-Hime if you want a good example of what I'm talking about.
Yeah you are right. I was really hoping for Kamina to return but its like as soon as Yoko kisses someone the person dies. xD

Kiss of Death much? O_O

GodSlayer

Naw, I wouldn't think the director would kill off the main character after the 2nd main character (Kamina) has just died.. then that would have been a real bad mistake. Simon would probaly be whining about Kamina's death still. xD