Technologically advanced games VS Smart Games

Which have you liked more -------- And what do you want in the future
Games that heats up your PC like crazy or Games for consoles that your PC can run without breaking a sweat.

There have been games defining the superiority of technology like
Quake
Unreal
TombRaider
Hidden & Dangerous
Doom3
FarCry
Battlefield 2
Elder Scroll IV : Oblivion

And there has been games like
Metal Gear Solid 1-2-3
Final Fantasy 7-8-12
God of War
Okami
Perfect Dark Zero
Forza 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Halo

which you just can't help but play and love even though they MIGHT look ugly in comparision
is the same game.

Are you ok with Epic making the next Gears of War as grey and blank or do you prefer games to be like Crysis or even S.T.A.L.K.E.R

ALLOW ME TO START BY TAKING BOTH SIDES SINCE I AM THE ONE HAVING THE MOST DIFFICULTY DECIDING

PC
Games like "Oblivion" and "Lost Planet" are on PC and Consoles BUT the PC versions are considerably better. "Lost Planet" on the PC has much better graphics but it still is the best looking game on the xbox360 (in my opinion) so we should ignore such games for this discussion. HOWEVER, "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" on the PC is essential for any gamer, due to custom mods. I BELIEVE, the game was rushed since in it the horses have no reigns, But thanks to mods people have made (like one called Wolf's Horses or something that adds reigns to your hoarses as well as INDIVIDUAL textures or spots on EACH and every hoarse in the entire game makeing it unique) the game can be infinitly better then what it is. SO, I count that as a PC Win. Please elaborate like so.

Console
God of War was the first game I played on the PS2 which actually made it FORGET I was not sitting in front of my computer. Specially "God of War 2"...the Pegasus flyiing sequence when you are flying over the ocean and the sun is rising in front of you......HOLLLLYYY GOD!....... and they said PS2 is dead. Plus in GOD of War 2 there ARE ABSOLUTELY no fuzzy textures......making me believe they are somehow running anti-aliasing...and filtering on such an old and inferior machine...HOW THE HELL DO THEY DO THAT..............even consider the first "HALO"......AMAZING! that they made the entire worlds DRIVEABLE on the xbox. Same goes for "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater" the starting sequence was real time.

don't care about the graphics as long as the gameplay is good. Playing an old rpg for instance can be so refreshing. Gameplay > graphics. period.