Sup

abarnes

Staff member
Sup,

I'm Abarnes, Real name's Alan, uhh in real life I'm a Linux Systems Administrator, about to move into a new department at work, Server Monitor...

I work for HostGator.Com...uhh and yea I started G2Anime when i was like 14? Jeez I'm getting old, haha

Anyway, hopefully I'll be around more, I need you guys to request media!! I'm going to be buying a whole new harddrive for the server at the end of next week!

abarnes

Staff member
Well,

The features that may not be available for IPB that are on VB will be looked into, just need to know what's missing.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Aye, Sir.

There's a bunch of them, they won't be missed easily.

But hey, I just thought that I should give it a shot.

abarnes

Staff member
Well,

I'll look into having them put in place and if there isn't a mod that can take their place, we can look into moving to VB, all depends.

Sanae

Staff member
*Peeks into thread*

It's nice to meet, you Abarnes ^__^ Thanks for making us all feel welcomed here at G2 (and the rest of you G2Mins) ^^

Kaze

An upgrade to vB would be great
Although, maybe stay away from vB 4 ^^ vB 4 seems to be bulkier then the other versions, but with media, it's even more so laggy

Lets see if we can't help with all that was in demand from other board:

-Page Auto Reload Post

-New Post Counter

-Date and Time under Username in upper right corner

Customize Profile Page

-View VM conversation

-Default Text Color, Font, and size

-Reply To All (Mass PM's)

-User Tagging (much like Twitter)

-Quick Quoting

-Fast Image Posting

-Live Topics

-Named Spoilers

-Music In Profile

-Auto Resize Images

-Media Players (youtube, daily motion, college humor, blip tv, IGN, MP2 tag)

-Random BBcodes (horizonal line, tab, text typer, no parse, rainbow tex)

-Arcade

-IRC (Chatbox would be nice)

I think those are pretty much the big ones.. I may be forgetting some things, so feel free ad add on ^__^ Err, I'm missing something.. On the tip of my tongue...

Question: How hard would it be to switch to vB? Not just the forums, but the main site with the media o.o?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='abarnes' timestamp='1307078115' post='144827']...we can look into moving to VB, all depends.[/quote]

Aloha, people?

The welcoming committee is all nice and dandy.

Yet, why don't we try to make the above into a reality instead?

I mean, Orie has provided the first step, now all we need to do is just to built up the momentum.

While it is true that Rina's sheer beauty alone is enough to move the heart of any men (especially mine).

But we still need a coherent mass appeal, in order to convince abarnes that we should migrate the forum to vB.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Ah, welcome. Good to have more coders.

[quote name='Kaze Araki' timestamp='1307098420' post='144961']

Aloha, people?

The welcoming committee is all nice and dandy.

Yet, why don't we try to make the above into a reality instead?

I mean, Orie has provided the first step, now all we need to do is just to built up the momentum.[/quote]

The new VB, very much resembles this board than anything else. If we can shift to a vB, it would be better if it is a 3.x.x version. If we go to a 4.x.x vB, then we would not notice any difference. It's even heavier on those with slow connections.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Actually, IP is not bad, but all the improvements will take quite some amount of times, while in the mean time it's hard for me to invites people over when the forum is not yet that appealing. But this is just my opinion though.

boyd

Staff member
[quote name='Sanae' timestamp='1307086366' post='144856']

Question: How hard would it be to switch to vB? Not just the forums, but the main site with the media o.o?

[/quote]

Moving to vB with the site will be very hard since there is no system what IPB has, will have to recode the whole site to make things work.