Story Storm

Sigi

Just going to free write a long story that will just build and build to take away from the endless boredom that make take place. This will be like a monument for many expressions of emotion or idea that needs to be featured at that given time.

I am naturally a rule breaker and lack proper etiquette and should be told when and what has been done. Evidence of my carelessness. Now back to the explanation of this thread.

I have lot of random stuff to say or do in my writing so depending on your preference of reading you might want to stay away or may even want to read this to peak some random interest instead of your normal daily reading style of the same old routine theme that can dull the human mind.

Setting is going to be a basic change on mood or randomness. Okay, just to state again, most things will be based on randomness.

The story will have no true solid plot or maybe just more than one. If you think there is a plot then you are happy to post one, but then I maybe be subject to change the story immediately to make sure that your plot doesn't match the story.

I am running of things to ramble about to make this thread valid... Okay now I'm going to go back through the thread and make the block of writing/words have paragraphs so many of you perfectionists will want to read this pointless list of information.

I am I able to even make a thread story like this? Does the story have to be complete or can I just write and write and write? I would prefer the second option over the first.

The smilies here I most likely won't use because the smilies don't look that good and I am not the type of person to use those useless things in any post. Wow, when did this become a "about me" topic...

Lastly, I don't care if you don't read anything from this thread. This is a for me only and don't care about your opinon. Just might write inproper for fun.

♣Kaname Madoka♣

Installments are fine, to be honest thats how I post when I write a story on fourms. I wish you all the best and I look foward to your story. Oh and I sorta agree about teh smilies but ehhh what can you do its better then the generic ones anyway xD :cool2:

<--- hypocrite

anyway all the best sir

Sigi

I have been writing for twelve years now. All just freelance writing and some just fun forum games that was a pretty cool idea. The object was to add a sentence or a paragraph to the story and everyone could jump in. The story was random and took some random turns. Eventually I wrote most of the story and completely changed the brightness of the story to something dreadfully dark, yet still random, with a nice ending that left nothing but the a bound companionship. I can write however I like and not like with ease. I may even reply in poetry as I might become bored.

Thanks for your time,

Sigi

The Writer

Sigi

Part 1

The treacherous storm approaches from the west over the great mountain range as the wind picks up to massive speeds. Funnel clouds start to form above our heads as we rush to safety that has been practiced in this desolate wasteland of the plains that heeds no shelter to these massive storms each season. The howling wind blows through the plains shouting in the terrifying torment about to come our way. The flash of blue lightning streaks across the sky creating the rumbling thunder that echo across the surface of the plains.

The storm is ever closer and the funnel clouds are about to form the feared tornadoes that the land dwellers rush to escape. The tornadoes rip through the farms and living spaces and cyclones destroy the canoes and rafts among the river. Lightning strikes down setting our small place a blaze all the while floods from the down pouring rain begin at the rivers edge. The farms remnants are covered in deep, murky waters that keep flowing outward from the river. Twisted screams from the wind that carry from the souls that have been claimed to the explosive thunder. Deceased live stock fall from the sky that had been heaved from the pastures.

Time goes on ever slowly in the missed of terror especially from Mother Nature. To think a day long storm could amount as much damage as a month long storm. The residents of the area spring in chaos and full of solace as all the possessions and work done this year lost in an instant. Few people full of hope start to rebuild right away, then joined by the many people trying to save their distant memories.

The air was musty and the ground was softened from the water making rebuilding impossible the next few days. Starting by clearing the settlement of ruined huts, deceased live stock, and other objects gathered by the wind. The previous built canals slowly contained the water by pushing out the excess water. The foundation was recreated to ready the newer huts and repair ruined farms.

Civil dispute broke out among the despair. The results of the dispute lead to several villagers leaving and moving toward the east to find a more suitable area to settle. The new settlement leader and the old agreed to keep contact for mutual benefit. Before long they were gone and the few that remained were left to rebuild alone. The splitting of the villagers helped both in terms of recovery as the reparations that needed to be done were less severe as fewer supplies and shelter were needed. The reparations already completed before the civil dispute had covered most of the populace. Leaving more work to be focused on the damaged fields and canals.

To the east several miles away to the other populace that has found a decent place to settle begin scouting and laying out a suitable encampment for a while to allow necessity reports to come in about living conditions such as water, animals, soil, etc. The night was warm for just having a storm come through as if the storm stopped at the village.

There is a story that is known to everyone and many set out to seek proof as only a few have seen this phenomenon. The rumor is of an object flying through the sky that is only visible high in the mountains on a day when the clouds come over the mountain. Many go to check the sight of clouds coming over the mountain top while others want to see the mysterious flying object.

Bố

Nice description you got there <3

Very nice description~I'm looking forward to your story.

You're using too much of "that" and "as" though. You got a basic/good vocab although you need to think about sentence structure and the overall "smoothness" of a sentence.

Ex:

Funnel clouds start to form above our heads as we rush to safety that has been practiced in this desolate wasteland of the plains that heeds no shelter to these massive storms each season.

You can change it to

Funnel clouds start to form above our heads as we rush to safety. It has been practiced in this desolate wasteland of the plains to pay heeds no shelter (?) to these massive storms each season.

Sigi

Haha

I don't reread my work. I don't even edit my work. Written once and then left and if I care to ever read my work again, then I see all the errors that could have been fixed.

So think of that as a first draft that was turned in as a final. Only took me a few seconds to write the story anyway.

All those essays that were graded B's could have been A's. Ah well. Underachiever

Thanks btw!

Sigi

Part 2

A few villagers decide to venture toward the dangerous mountain range to the west crossing miles of terrain unsafe as daily predators will hunt down men and leave nothing for the scavengers. The area is defined with a horrible, stale stench in the air caught by the pressure from the wind coming over the mountains daily. Human skeletons lay out in the open half buried in the dirt broken or shattered to pieces. Mountains were known for how dangerous the travel was to the top. Not only did the predators at the bottom kill many off, but the climb to the top with severe temperature drops into beyond freezing temperatures.

Moving toward the base of the mountain range you will have even more eerie look as the dark shadow engulfs everything as the sun moves behind the mountain range and while you travel closer. Nocturnal animals come out to hunt, but also supply a food source for travelers as the hunters get hunted. The food web at the base is everyone hunts each other. Hunt by predicting to allow for your strategic plan to trick a predator into attacking and landing into your trap. The villagers are equipped with many skills to survive the travels, but big numbers would lead to dwindling numbers.

The sand was soft and nice to the feet as the rough terrain they had crossed for miles tore at their feet. Stopping for a break so soon would mean death, so they continue to push on at least to the caves for shelter. The atmosphere was getting moist showing that another storm was coming over the mountain range. The villagers with haste quickened their step to reach the caves. Survival alone is hard enough without severe storms pounding at your aching body. Your bones and muscles take a large toll on the travels to the peak. As they pressed onto the caves several bones of all sorts of animals were present.

They encountered several bears coming back to the feeding grounds catching some prey poking around in the wrong territory. Villagers prepared for a fight by getting into formation showing much intelligence. The bears begin to circle the villagers searching for a weak point. The villagers formed a different formation that would hopefully trick the bears into attacking on false weak points. As the bears continued to cycle some lunged out and withdrew in attempt to break the formation. They continue to test the formation until a weakness presented itself and the trap sprung as a spear was driven forward through the weak point and through the bear’s heart, killing it.

The bears withdrew and the villagers had some food once they reach the caves that were in site. The storm started to come from over head as the shaded sky became like night as the dark clouds full of fierce lightning and thunder blotched the sun out. Anything caught in this storm was done in by the horrible wind, hail, and lightning. The lightning was striking the ground with much intensity causing the ground to shake.

Sigi

Wow this way of writing makes it seem so dull and uneducated. Sadly not worth anyone's time to read. Well, then again it was half fast work to begin with just to get rid of the urge to write. Back to the next section.

Part 3

The small party of villagers took shelter in the massive cave. The cave consisted of a huge tunnel network that had been unexplored for decades to the villagers. The lack of light and terrible weather conditions prevented exploration into the depths of the cave plus the dangers of wild life.

The night was long and the storm was rough. Raining continuously and hard for hours. The villagers split the group in two to conserve space and some slept on the lower section of the cave, while the remaining half took to higher ground. Water slowly flowed into the cave until a small trench in the cave gathered massive amounts of water. Water began to build at a rapid rate until holes in the rock began to release water into the lower sections. Before long the lower section filled with gallons of water quick enough to swallow the gasping sound of villagers slowly drowning.

The next morning the villagers on higher ground a woke to a dreaded sight of water soaked, deceased, and decaying bodies of family or friends floating in the lake of water at the bottom of the cave. Taking little time to mourn for the dead they quickly find a path leading outside of the cave. To see a new landscape outside as the rain had eroded some of the weaker soil and caused some rock slides blocking older routes that had been setup to get toward the peak.

Making their way up the mountain side carefully trekking upward moving ever slowly to avoid falling to a death of blunt trauma to the body from tumbling down a rocky slope. Boulders were jagged and rocks were rough making any slip tear tissue wide open attracting predators. A muddy path lead a safe path toward a flat area on the mountain side made of a smooth, solid rock. Only a few miles from ground level the villagers are tired from the treacherous hike up. At the end of the day only a few were injured from slipping, but none had died from a unexpected fall to hades.

Your finess at description is amazing! I was really engaged by the story. It's really wonderfully written! ;hello;

Do you intend to introduce a human/emotional aspect into the story? eg. a main protagonist? I personally find it better if there's someone who is exposed to the changing situations who we can relate to on a personal and emotional level.

I'm looking forward to more!

;hello;

Wow thanks,

Me being a pessimistic person didn't expect a second comment so nice.

I guess answering the question wouldn't ruin the story about to unfold on top of mountain.

Well the view is more narrative as of now, but the point of view will shift or reveal whom the point of view is coming from.

One of the leaders or party leader of the group traveling might be a protagonist, but had an antagonist setup before I even thought of a protagonist.

I guess I will begin to add in the protagonist next in part 4, but it might be take until part 5 or 6 before I do so.

I have two actual stories I need to work on at a steady pace before the progress goes stagnant again.

Thanks again for the comment,

Shane/V1RU5/Sigi/Shadow

Part 4

The party leader Draik rounds up the remaining exhausted villagers to begin the next hike to another plateau a few miles up into the smokey white clouds known for freezing temperatures from the vapor in the thin air at the high altitude. Draik makes his way ahead to scout for worn out edges to prevent any other unwarranted deaths.

Draik derives from a clan of proud warriors and protective leaders that enslaved the weak in the region for centuries until the nomads came and brought the ideal of peace. Leaders open to new ways had tried to adjust to a peaceful life, but civil war broke among the clan when the warriors declined the idea of a peaceful empire. Civil war lasted for years until the empire was tore apart and those that survived hid among the slaves free from tyranny to build a new life.

Many villagers started to take ill as they hiked higher, but Draik knew that the only hope for them was to wait at the last plateau back downward. The mountain side became more steep and treacherous as the party journeyed forward. The villagers numbers reduced again by half, but the only thought Draik had on his mind was the upcoming climb that would definitely claim some lives and would be best for villagers to stay behind.

They started to ascend to the top by climbing the side of the mountain to the next plateau just beyond the clouds. A rumor among the villagers back at the village was a scenery unimaginable presents itself to whomever traveled to the second plateau. Luscious blue oasis in the distance barely visible to the best of eyes, except a rare event allowing for a more vivid view of the oasis. A rainbow road formed from the continuous rain storms moving up and over the range leading toward the village as if the way home was just as easy as sliding down. The lack of oxygen caused this elegant sight to become deadly as the ill started thinking of returning home by the deity's will as they arrive home from the havens above, but only to find a brutal death at the jagged mountain basin.

Draik helps the last villager up and has them rest up. Draik looks out in the distance to confirm the legendary scenery that claimed lives of countless others, but in his surprise the rumors were true. A rainbow road formed as the suns rays hit the never ending rain storms rolling over the mountain range. The oasis was shining in the background glistening like diamonds in a dark isolated mine shaft. Suddenly, Draik began to lose unconsciousness as his vision began to blur and his limbs became numb he spun around stumbling to the ground left surrounded by the other villagers all equally unconscious on the plateau unaware of the dangers of the freezing temperatures at the high altitudes that knacked at their worn out bodies until they dropped from exhaustion.

Bored of direction of story and getting frustrated with my other story.

Hmm...

To skip to the possibly more interesting parts or continue to add a ridiculous amount of filler.

What kind of dramatic change could I make? *Thinking*

Part 5 could get fun though.

Maybe I could take creativity to another level.

Change point of view or add more characters.

No definite number been stated yet.

Decisions, Decisions.

The villagers of Draik's travel party awake to see Draik laying dead in a coagulated blood pool surrounding him. Taking time to recover from their daze the villagers begin to select a few strong members of the party to appoint a new leader following favorable skills in their current condition. Down to almost ten villagers left, a leader is chosen.

The leader was a close friend to Draik as was many other of the travel party. Nicknamed "Twin Dragons" by their fellow friends back when they were children. Vance was more intelligent than Draik, but didn't have the physical output Draik had. Vance had the advantage in stamina that allowed to carry him further during many conditions.

Vance investigates Draik's lifeless body to look for some answers to his death. Rolling the body over to see Draik's chest cavity as been ripped open with severe force. Only some leftover organs that have been shredded. Two conclusions came to Vance's mind at the time. Either the incident is the cause of death or the result of scavengers.

Vance takes a few men to dig a hole to give Draik a proper burial. Clouds loomed overhead making the temperature drop instantly from sweat bearing heat to a blizzard that threatened the entire party lives. Vance took quick action to lead the party to the mountain edge as they travel up the mountain into a crevice in the mountain.