Squeenix!!!!

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics. The PS generation Final Fantasies were all amazing games. What the hell happened after that even a hardcore fan like me doesn't know. FFX sucked, and it sucked HARD. I've never played an RPG that made me regret my purchase until I played FFX. X-2 was better but how could it not be when X set the bar so low. XII was good but it had too much of a Star Wars feel. Character development was subpar and there were times when even the narrative didn't know which character to follow (Vaan, Ashe, Balthier, Basch, Larsa). XIII got A TON of hate but I enjoyed it more than I did X, X-2, and XII. Still, sad to admit that after the PS era, Final Fantasy lost a lot of it's appeal.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I loved Final Fantasy 9. Its still one of my favorite games, and Im actually considering to buy a PS3 just so I can buy it in the PSN store and play it again. I loath each and every FF game that came after 9. Boring stories, unlikable characters, especially the main characters annoyed the hell out of me, and a stupid setting each time.

But I believe that they are currently either developing or at least publishing the new Deus Ex game, and Im very very interested in that one. I do hope they dont screw it up like the last Deus Ex game was a screw up.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
[quote name=''[lexus'];70036']I loved Final Fantasy 9. Its still one of my favorite games, and Im actually considering to buy a PS3 just so I can buy it in the PSN store and play it again. I loath each and every FF game that came after 9. Boring stories, unlikable characters, especially the main characters annoyed the hell out of me, and a stupid setting each time.

But I believe that they are currently either developing or at least publishing the new Deus Ex game, and Im very very interested in that one. I do hope they dont screw it up like the last Deus Ex game was a screw up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the settings were stupid after nine. I also enjoyed IX's setting and given how much you enjoyed nine you probably are a fan of the more traditional setting of FF. I like the futuristic setting of FF myself, the type we saw in VII and VIII. But I have to say the fusion that FFXII tried to work with really didn't do it for me.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Well, although I think the setting is stupid, it didnt really ruin the game for me. I guess that because I did really dislike the characters, the story and certain gameplay aspects as well, it just made me overly critical of the rest, thus making me also much more aware of the fact that the setting really wasnt my thing.

But yeah, youre right, the semi futuristic setting never really was my thing.

[quote name='"RIG"']good news everyone! Tetsuya Nomura said that he wants to make TWEWY 2! maybe it will be revealed in the next E3[/QUOTE]

I think he's been saying that since TWEWY1 came out.

i bought final fantasy 14 collector edition for 60€ , played it 5 minutes :O and never played it again , what a waste of money

but final fantasy 13 for ps3 is awesome :>

Xeno

The Chosen One
FF 1 to 9 FTW!!!

FF10 is good

FF tactics, one thing I didn't like about it ... that the monsters get stronger with you, So there is no point in training, other than leveling up your abilities/skills.

Other FFs ... sucks!!

And I don't why the hell they are creating FFXII-2 *sigh* ... I miss Square Soft days ...

But I am loyal to the series, So I have to play it anyway.

Other great games:

- Xenogears.

- Dragon Quest.

- Breath of Fire.

- Front Mission.

- SaGa Frontier and Romancing SaGa.

- Parasite Eve.

- Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

- Vagrant Story.

- Kingdom hearts.

TWEWY is quite good too ...

Note: the end of the 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs and Square company.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Finally, someone who played other SE games.

[quote name='Xeno']

Other great games:

- Xenogears.

- Dragon Quest.

- Breath of Fire.

- Front Mission.

- SaGa Frontier and Romancing SaGa.

- Parasite Eve.

- Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

- Vagrant Story.

- Kingdom hearts.

TWEWY is quite good too ...

Note: the end of the 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs and Square company.[/QUOTE]

This!

But, isn't Breath of Fire a Capcom's game?

And, what? You don't like Einhänder? It's one of the best side-scrollers, imo. But of course the end of 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs.

I will give you a bonbon if you guess which game that is.

Xeno

The Chosen One
Oh!! I almost forgot about Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile.

[quote name='Biomega']Finally, someone who played other SE games.

This!

And, what? You don't like Einhänder? It's one of the best side-scrollers, imo. But of course the end of 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs.

I will give you a bonbon if you guess which game that is.[/QUOTE]

Ops, I was thinking about the golden age LOL.

But I am not completely wrong since Square company are the ones who published the SNES north american version of Breath of Fire 1 ... not sure though.

I don't like side-scrollers much, So I didn't play Einhänder ...

Errr, My memory doesn't serve me well, I can't remember ...

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Xeno']Note: the end of the 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs and Square company.[/QUOTE]

Ehem,

But did you know that in the 90s, Square Enix was about to go bankrupt -.-"

Go check the google for information but apparently,

Most of their older games didn't sold so well and to make their final farewell game, they created Final Fantasy

"Cue to unexpected success and Square still remains today"

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='Wolfnagi']Ehem,

Most of their older games didn't sold so well and to make their final farewell game, they created Final Fantasy

"Cue to unexpected success and Square still remains today"[/QUOTE]

It was actually in the late 80s. They tried to do a game similar to Dragon Quest, and that's how they got back up.

[quote name=''[lexus'];70053']Well, although I think the setting is stupid, it didnt really ruin the game for me. I guess that because I did really dislike the characters, the story and certain gameplay aspects as well, it just made me overly critical of the rest, thus making me also much more aware of the fact that the setting really wasnt my thing.

But yeah, youre right, the semi futuristic setting never really was my thing.[/QUOTE]

^ agreed.

I didn't mind FF: Tactics so much.

Really looking forward to TWEWY 2 too~~~~

[quote name='Biomega']Finally, someone who played other SE games.

This!

I will give you a bonbon if you guess which game that is.[/QUOTE]

SUIKODEN!! now give me bonbon!!

Never played XIII. The others say that it sucks. So big NO!!!

Legend of Legaia is awesome!! it's not SE though...

Xeno

The Chosen One
[quote name='Wolfnagi']Ehem,

"Cue to unexpected success and Square still remains today"[/QUOTE]

Yes, But the financial problems that the company had doesn't concern me as a gamer who just buy and play :D

My point was about how the games were and how they are now ...

- RPGs are not many like how they were at the 80s and 90s.

- For most of us RPGers, The old square games are way much better than the new ones.

As for Enix company games, They weren't that good, But Enix had few great games such as DQ, VP and SO.

- The merge was a bad move (From a gamer perspective)

This is why I said that the end of the 80s and the 90s are the golden age of RPGs and Square Company.

@ Ryu

Nice!!

You have a good memory :)

Unlike me :(

and I agree Legend of Lagaia is an epic game, Especially it's battle system :D