SOTW Feedback & Suggestions

And what kind of measures will our dear GFX mod use to advertise?
Giving certain credits? Awards? or something else?

The gradual increase of users isn't enough to prove that the voters will increase to 50. Since most new users choose to lurk for a while. But most cases, some people just create an account for the sake of creating.
Who knows? It's all in the planning stage right now, so I don't have any solid ideas yet, unfortunately. Some ideas include advertising SOTW/WOTF on the live feed (when it's implemented), advertising it in the MC Mag (when it comes out), and others. I am open to suggestions from everyone, though, since I really do want the Soul Section to become more active.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
But isn't it that idealization comes first before planning, my dear?
If you haven't yet finished idealization then we cannot call the current stage where in right now as planning.

And MC mag, heh? ahahahahahaha.
MC=The MF mirror. Ohohohohoho~

But isn't it that idealization comes first before planning, my dear?
If you haven't yet finished idealization then we cannot call the current stage where in right now as planning.

And MC mag, heh? ahahahahahaha.
MC=The MF mirror. Ohohohohoho~
True, idealization does come before planning, but in a scenario like this it's okay to first test out plans. And I don't really have a concrete idealization right now tbh. All I want is for the Soul Section to grow.

And yes, MF may have had the mag first, but there's no denying that it's a good idea.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
1 GMV
The other tags aren't even close to being in the same league as it. Though it would be nice if you cleaned up the left side a bit more, otherwise good job.
Rawr, actually, second one is. The difference between 1 and 2 is, first one suffered less from being unfinished than second one from adding too much.

dark_9tails said:
No opinions on this one, [MENTION=55]Hadriel[/MENTION]? With this rule, we have lost one entrant D:
[MENTION=2]Emeralda[/MENTION] is vehemently for providing stocks/renders, because otherwise anyone could just crop some amazing piece of art and win without any effort.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
[MENTION=2]Emeralda[/MENTION] is vehemently for providing stocks/renders, because otherwise anyone could just crop some amazing piece of art and win without any effort.
However, from my point of view, it'd be easy to detect whether the gfx-er has plagiarize other's works, seeing that the styles of each gfx-er could be easily distinguished. Hm, well, that might be me only.

dark_9tails said:
However, from my point of view, it'd be easy to detect whether the gfx-er has plagiarize other's works, seeing that the styles of each gfx-er could be easily be distinguished. Hm, well, that might be me only.
Well, providing a stock also helps voters see how much effort a GFXer has put into the entry, and then they can make an informed choice.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Well, providing a stock also helps voters see how much effort a GFXer has put into the entry, and then they can make an informed choice.
Actually, I wonder if people actually take a look on the render and stock used Coz I never did xD. I've gotten used to this rule already, although I still find it bothersome sometimes. We need to know what other gfx-ers think regarding about this.

[MENTION=94]Graham Aker[/MENTION] [MENTION=195]Biomega[/MENTION] [MENTION=1713]Daemon[/MENTION] [MENTION=113]Maria.[/MENTION] [MENTION=289]Myrk[/MENTION]

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
I"m no GFX'er but I would look at the stock as well and consider it in my choice when voting .__. btw, people might get influenced by other people, you know thinking like oh well that's pretty amazing, lemme try something like that too

imo stock should only be used to verify that the gfx is an original work, not to judge the amount of work done. you can put in a lot of work on an image and the end result may not be much different from the stock image (lighting, depth, sharpness, etc.). minimalist sigs may also suffer from this. if we need to check the effort done on an image, then we need to look at the original psd file.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
well the Stock provided serves as a challenge.

In also inspires creative GFXing IMO.

The last time we did the one on Miku I get to saw some creative tags. Really nicely done.

I think to me people could abuse the good stock by simpling adding little to no effect. So yeah Stocks do play a part in affecting work quality.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Man, I give up my hope on stocks. Look at the vocaloid challenge one. Complete disaster.
I think it was well done. :sigh:

Everyone did it great.

Oh another thing.

Chosen stock themes make more people participate for some reason.

I guess its because they dont have to rack their brains looking for a proper stock since its given to them.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
What I (and Adry) were talking was that what do you guys think about the rule of providing the url of the stock/render used when submitting your entry.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
What I (and Adry) were talking was that what do you guys think about the rule of providing the url of the stock/render used when submitting your entry.
Oh thats definitely a must.

After all I was the one who suggested that.

Once again its this
I think to me people could abuse the good stock by simpling adding little to no effect. So yeah Stocks do play a part in affecting work quality.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
imo stock should only be used to verify that the gfx is an original work, not to judge the amount of work done. you can put in a lot of work on an image and the end result may not be much different from the stock image (lighting, depth, sharpness, etc.). minimalist sigs may also suffer from this. if we need to check the effort done on an image, then we need to look at the original psd file.
Oh thats definitely a must.

After all I was the one who suggested that.

Once again its this
I wholeheartedly agree with Daemon on this one. As for what Aker said, I have to disagree halfway, you can do the same thing with a render. Just find some bg that matches, put them together, and bam~ And sometimes you don't even have to do anything to make it not look pasted, and that can be less effort than doing something with a stock at times~

But anyhoo, the thing about the stock/render and having to give it to be able to participate. This can go both ways, it can help the voters to see how much a GFXer did to their work.

But sometimes, like what Daemon said, people put a lot of effort in a stock but it seems that nothing much changed. Plus, I can help feel that some people, who want to join, might feel a bit intimidated to join, because of having to give the link to the original stock/render.

After all, quite a few ppl new to GFXing would feel that if they gave the stock they worked on, people would look and think they didn't change much to the stock, and that they wouldn't give any votes. And these said people, might not feel comfortable to work with renders yet so they stick with stocks~

That's how I see it... Sorry for the long explanation.... :mad:_@:

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Yeah something like that........... i dunno why i was tagged
i'm a lazy gfxers

suggestions give cookies : D

as for this stock thingy, effort doesn't matter if its shite in the end but if you didn't do much to it then you don't really deserve much credit for it nor does it display skill
when it comes to SOTW its the person responsibility to choose good stock to work with, so no one should complain about how much effort they put in it and how hard the stock was to work with and bla bla

I think link to original stock should be there so you can see what they have done with the stock but were lazy ppl, its annoying to link original stock, especially when you have a mass of stock and don't know where the hell you got it from

solution is either find it or upload yourself even if its a hassel cause your the one who wants to enter!