SOTW Feedback & Suggestions

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
So, if two win, then two of them are showcased. That's it! Done. The site I use to go to does that. If two are tie, both of them have won, and both of them got prizes and their tags showcased.

The only downside is that you have to share the fame, that's all.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
This week's entries, ehh, I noticed that they all share one common trait - horrible text. Not only that, 3 of them use similar "gothic" font. It sticks out so much.

Well, it's not really bad, just rather cliched. It looks kinda like Old English MT, which is one of the default fonts, so maybe that's why they used it.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ooh you need nother vote? :/ I don't think I've voted yet XD lemme check... Ooh never mind that D: Canabary voted already >.> xD whahaha you don't wnat another tie now do you? XD

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
^This statement is almost impossible. Seeing that not most users in an anime/manga community is not entirely artistically-inclined.

Well, everything has a beginning, hasn't it? If we can nurture the artistic inclination from the onset, then we'd have a more artistically-inclined forum in the future!

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
Then I suppose you can suggest that we make this an art forum instead of an anime/manga forum?
With that statement said, it clearly states that the goal of this forum is to draw its users to art instead of discussing anime and manga.

P.S. This post means no offense.

Well, this forum is essentially a manga forum, but manga and art can coexist. My suggestion is that we make this a manga forum which has a considerable inclination towards art (and debates, since apparently Kaze wants that).

Yeah, sure. You can suggest it in the "Vote for the next SOTW theme" thread actually. I'm welcome to all suggestions (if they aren't stupid).

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
It is easier said than done, is it?
Going back to the issue of having 50 voters vote in an SOTW.
Computing it now, the median population of voters is around 15.
Approximately, there are 3 voters per day within a week.
Assuming that 50 votes should be in the voting thread, there must be at least 7-10 voters per day of the whole SOTW(eek)
Which is currently impossible, seeing that there are only approximately 15-20 people who are regularly active and 10 that we are going to assume to be lurking then the possible voters for each day is 1-10 voters.

But if we can miraculously make 25-30% of the 327 viewers of SOTW 11. Then it is possible. ^^

It is easier said than done, is it?
Going back to the issue of having 50 voters vote in an SOTW.
Computing it now, the median population of voters is around 15.
Approximately, there are 3 voters per day within a week.
Assuming that 50 votes should be in the voting thread, there must be at least 7-10 voters per day of the whole SOTW(eek)
Which is currently impossible, seeing that there are only approximately 15-20 people who are regularly active and 10 that we are going to assume to be lurking then the possible voters for each day is 1-10 voters.

But if we can miraculously make 25-30% of the 327 viewers of SOTW 11. Then it is possible. ^^
Everything's easier said than done. While the gradual increase of users will help push the voting statistics to over 50 in some time, I also intend to carry out initiatives to encourage voting.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
And what kind of measures will our dear GFX mod use to advertise?
Giving certain credits? Awards? or something else?

The gradual increase of users isn't enough to prove that the voters will increase to 50. Since most new users choose to lurk for a while. But most cases, some people just create an account for the sake of creating.