SOTW #9 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
#2 GMV

The first one seems more like opposites, to me.
The second better fits the theme but the logo or text thingy they added, kinda make it not toallu symmetrical but still :3

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Entry 2 GMV <3
It's cute and the BG really goes well with it, the only thing I can say is that little icon on the right side... It's not a complete symmetry. Not that I mind really. It's a nice touch.
Although the render itself isn't complete symmetry either xD okay I wont be that uptight ._.

About entry 1, I don't think it really fit the theme. Like Hana-chan said, rather opposites than a symmetry.

I'm voting for #1, though. It's not fully symmetrical, but it's an interesting interpretation of symmetry, using it to show contrasts and opposites. I feel that the C4D (it is a C4D, right?) in the background added a nice touch. One problem though is that the color split isn't exactly in the middle. It's too far left. Fix that and it looks pretty nice actually.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Honestly, it was a bit of a pain to pick here.
While I did very much enjoy the concept of 1 (I think if you have read the manga you get more of an understanding of it), It was just horrific in terms of composition.
As for 2, it fits the theme, but its just so basic for my tastes.

2 GMV only because it wasn't as bad as 1.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
#2 GMV. The quality's better and it fits the them more than #1 does. Could have blurred the background a bit to add some depth. Nonetheless, the blending is good. Though what's that fcking icon doing there? -__-

#1 is very nicely done. Too bad it doesn't resemble symmetry.

#2. As said, #2 is very simplistic, but #1 doesn't really fit the theme. And in such contests, fitting the theme is more important than better graphics.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
No#2 gets the vote. Mostly because no#1 was disqualified in my eyes, one line won't make it symetrical. The second one is super simple, which is kinda sad, especially that no one bothered to remove that logo from the background. Rawr, Hadriel, if you'd only extend the SotW a bit so I would have more time.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm well #1 gets my vote...
it mihgt not be perfect symmetrical but I like how they are both guys standing the same way and still being complete oppostites.
Really number 2 looks like a pic you can get just anywhere on the web and number 1 looks like it took way more effort to make. I don't know the whole anime/manga but it really gives off a feeling of bad vs evil. And hey the assignement wasnt to have a perfect symmetrie right? if it was they'd both fail anyway.
All in all I just like the first one better than the second *shrugs* With me it's all that pleases my eyes the most :p ad in this case it's number one ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.