SOTW #8 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little word of warning to all entrants:

Four of the entries this week failed to follow this rule:

15. Please rehost your entry on an image-hosting site which does not include your username in the file URL (eg. Tinypic), be it for the entry or the stock/render.

While I have not disqualified the entries, and even hosted them myself onto another image-hosting site, I will not hesitate to disqualify entries who do not follow this rule in future SOTWs.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Ah, sorry about that, Adry. Didn't realize about the link >_>

Anyway entry #2 GMV, since the quality and the depth's the best among all. Though I find the hearts unnecessary.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Entry no#5 gets the vote

#1 was kinda random, with random colours but nothing really happening there

#3 is quite nice but the render sticks out so much, and it's kinda simple in the background, plus the big borders

#4 looks ok, but it relies too much on render alone for "action" and flow, plus it's quite monochromatic; great flow though

#5, I really love the depth of background effect and the small text; there are some problems with lightning and depth around the render, plus the border though; to sum up, right part is great, left part is kinda meh

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Entry 4 GMV - While I feel like all the entries are all about the same level I skill, I went with 4 because even though I feel like the text ruins it, the background detail combined with depth provides a cool composition, something that I felt the other entries lacked.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Entry 4 and 5 are my favourites.

Entry 4, what I really like about this tag is the decorum and the flow of it. It's all harmonious. Even though it would have been better with no typo at all. I especially like the details in the center and right side of the tag.

Entry 5, I really like the depth but the flow between the bg and the render seems ... not so gradual. Also the text is a nice add.

In the end entry 4 GMV.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm I just have weird tastes so don't bother me... I don't know any hard terms either so I'll just tell you I like 1 and 4 best, I can't tell you exactly why but those just jump out as the best ones :/ but yeah can't vote for the both of them D: Well 4 gets my vote... as in number one th guy gets a creazy colour skin :/ coz of the bg I think lol.

#4 GMV

Must agree with Viva that the text ruins the tag, but if I don't see it, this could be the most "natural" tag amongst all. The flow is great, blending is great and the monochrom makes it looks elegance for the tag.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
#4 GMV. It is the most visually appealing among all the tags. I love the monochromatic colors. I also love the concept. I think more contrasting and some vignetting would make the tag look better. Though I have to agree with the others that the text is really distracting. It would be better if you placed it at the right or just remove it.

It's really sad how GFXers interpret this theme in this way. Some just assume that: "I need a render or stock of a RL person so that my entry will qualify to this theme-kind of thing." This theme isn't all about putting a human in a tag and you can instantly call it a "real life tag." Yes, it is a real life tag but there is more to this theme. I was really expecting more adventurous tags since this theme offers a wide range of selections(e.g. Nature, animals, and other stuff you see in real life). I was really expecting the tags to be more of conceptual in nature this time since it is real life but I guess, influence is really great. Since lots of pro GFXers are using abstract styles that conceptual types have been long forgotten.

Even though, nice job to the participants. ^^

-Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.