SOTW #21 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
No#1 - might have worked if you'd limit it to only 1 character.
No#2 - at first glimpse I'd completely ignore it because of the text and borders and generally it's big, but then I looked closer at it; the idea is great and despite those two things, the execution is quite good
No#3 - I was about to give a vote to this one, but the size, ratio, text (ugh) and general chaos kinda made me changed my mind after a while
No#4 - stock, no
No#5 - really nice as a signature, something people would love to wear, but the text sticks out, same for border and low contrast, or rather, losing original colour; still you have quite great skill to make me say it's actually a good entry when working on a stock
No#6 - vertical, no

No#2 gets my vote for creative idea, I'd love to see more of such works~

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
the links for zerochan that dont work, when you click em, go to the URL bar and press enter, should do the trick

#1 and #2 don't do it for me compared to others after in terms of quality and style though they are good attempts

#3 seems to be ████ work, follows the theme with the demonic angle and shows technique, but the size puts me off, wasn't there a limit of 500x200, this looks bigger

#4 looks at the stock, looks like hardly anything was done to it at all or maybe i'm blind

#5 seems to be ██████████ style, good choice of stock nice effect, the whole darkness and light thing, text a bit hard to read

#6 meh, i dont really see the demon part of the theme to this, seems more like holy/religious thing
(stock link dont work)

overall #5 GMV

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
1. No..just no..Enma Ai is no demon :mad :
2.On the scale of 1-10 how convince do you think I am that the girl has a demonic side?:huuh:
3....Too big huh?

4. shame on you! I like the lighting but controlling lighting and adding some text is not GFX >.>

5.ehto..you totally killed the point of the "angel and Demon" part...cant even see the wings or indication of A&D

6.I see an angel..so wheres the demon?

err...

2 GMV because I got no other options...

Edit: @HappyNisa
http://www.zerochan.net/151702

^Stock used for entry 4

Entry #1 -
Good job sticking to the theme. However, there are some quality issues, and the two renders don't seem to sync well with each other.

Entry #2 -
Interesting concept, but execution fell kinda short.

Entry #3 -
Too tall. This ought to be disqualified.

Entry #4 -
Kinda interesting and all, but it did not fit the theme. The theme is "Angels & Demons", not "Evil counterpart thingy". Having someone who seems good and someone who's bad does not necessarily mean that they are angel and demon.

Entry #5 -
It takes too much time to see what's going on exactly. Perhaps it was because the effects were so overwhelming that I didn't notice the focal properly.

Entry #6 -
I don't see the demon. ._____.

All in all, my vote goes to Entry #1. Although it's still kinda rough, it was the most straightforward and clean.

PS. @dark_9tails , fix that stock link for Entry #6. Also, be sure to leave a larger gap between entries next time.

Only five votes? .__.

Despite liking #3, it really isn't about angels and demons. For this reason, I am not voting for #3 and #4

#1: The background seems to have a sense of conflict yet the people aren't in conflict.

#2: Certainly an interesting concept and quite simple. I like the background as well, but.... execution is kinda off. There isn't really anything grabbing my attention.

#5: What is that? :huuh: Oh! It's two people hugging. Seems more like a Romeo and Juliet kinda thing. The tag itself is great but a little too bright for me.
#6: The Angel has conquered the Demon! The Angel clad in light whilst the Demon is shrouded in darkness in defeat.Everyone can't see that other statue on the floor? .__.

Entry #6 GMV It fits the theme best out of all the other entries.

Rascal

Im kinda in a tie btwn entry 5 & 6

the others, while i like the ideas, seem poorly executed.

6 I like because it's a little outside of the box in terms of stock, but still fits the theme and the lighting is beautiful~
5 I like because of the effects, they match nicely with the stock.... buuuuut maybe this just irks me ..... but the way the wings are kind of removed somewhat in the final image bothers me :|

so i pick 6~ lol niiiice

Entry 6 GMV

oh edit: i still have to say, adding the wings like that on the 1st entry was pretty awesome~

noex1337

Emmie was here
I liked 3&4, however there's something about the quality of #3 that turns me off, it looks a little pixelated for having such an HQ stock, no clue how that managed that. Anyway, #4 GMV.

But special shoutout to #6 for reminding me of assassin's creed.

EDIT: Ehhhhh, apparently whoever did number 4 was lazy. Entry 6 GMV by process of elimination.

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Entry #6 GMV. Among all the tags, this has the most obvious depth. Having the angel as the main focal point rather than both the angel and demon makes the tag says that the angel is far much superior than the demon. The text fits the tag well too. Not too appealing and not too dull. And the colours are awesome too. Overall it's perfectly executed.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Entry number two gets my vote, I like how it could symbolize the good and evil in one person

#1 especially the demon looks like it's pasted on top of it.
#3 Ehm well I dont quite like the creature being repeated in the background and all in all so much colour and the repeat goes underneatht eh creature but also over the sword and jjust no sorry >.>"
#4 Its adding texts and some blurs.. everyone ca do that >>"
#5 Too much effects to my liking...besides the effects are all sharp and the people are a bit fuzzy
#6 lol I have to say that the look on that angel's face says: I'm superior than you lowlife" which is funny because it is an angel, it would totally get to be second in my opinion, and it's really jus that i like the idea of number 2 having an angel and a demon in every human being more.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Hmm it was a call between entry 5 and 6.
In the end I will go with entry 6 though ~ the concept of the statue of an Angel illuminated and the 'demon' in the dark corner was really nice~ even though I felt like the colours were a bit saturated (or maybe it's my eyes ) it was still my fave.

1 the renders were kinda plastered on the tag. The blending wasnt exactly perfect but beside that I didnt feel like the tag had any kind of harmony going on
2 Nice theme and concept for the tag. The whole "angel and demon" within each of us. I felt like the execution lacked a little imagination though. It felt a little dull
3 I understand the concept I think (the shadow of the ..robot thingie being hte 'demon' of the angel? ) something like that.. I dont really understand what is going on though. I feel like it's very crowded >__<
4 Sorry to say but... overused stock is overused ;__; Plus it's plain~
5 Was nice but there are so many things going on in the tag that I cant figure it out. Plus I didnt feel like it fit the theme quite nicely as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.