SOTW #12 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
1 GMV
Though I don't like the border at all, since it makes me think "Why is the left part in more then the right?", the effects are done nicely and its a very good entry.
#3 was a close second - but the text ruined it for me, how it was done (the text) just doesn't fit naturally imo.

Placa

News Editor
#1 definitely GMV
There's a bunch of depth which adds an air of mystery to it. It's a little small for my tastes but it's something I can overlook.

#1. overall nice look and feel, and what on earth are the two people in the background doing? :p

For #2, the render doesn't really fit the background.
For #3, as said, the text ruined it.
For #4, too simple for my tastes.
For #5, the polka dot heart-shaped kiss kind of ruined it. :/

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Hmm~ A close call between entry 3 and entry 1. Entry one has great usage of the polka dots. the theme is perfectly implemented and the typography is also a plus. Entry 3 has a nice colour scheme but the polka dots are more of a background (which is not necessarily a bad thing) I dont really mind the typography but Im no expert in that. Also, the blending could have been a little better. It still has a slight pasted on feeling to it.
.___.

In the end Entry 1 GMV. Even though its not really a style I personally like, it was the best one in the bunch overall (usage of effects and implementation of theme).

=w=

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Entry no #3. In addition to artificial dots made with brushes, it also boast a real polka theme unlike all other entries, and also has a nice composition. Sure, it is a bit big and borderless, but it's not that much of a deal in this entry. And seriously, the text isn't THAT bad, you don't even see it at first. But yeah, probably the only Polka theme sig that actually did the theme right.

For the popular #1 entry, I can't even make anything out of it >.>

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
3/5/3/5/3/5/3/5/3/5 EHHH *hits her head to the table* I dunno TT___TT from 5 I really like how the two are tangled together and someone else said it ruined it but I DO like the polkashaped heart T_T and number 3 is simply pretty and the polka dots aren't annoying me at all D: (I usually get a bit eh dizzy looking at polkadots lol)

Hmm well I have to go for entry number 3 because i can clearly read the text ;// which is very important in my opinion ._.

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
I really like entries 3 and 4 I think they are both very good and look well made and crisp. It's hard to pick between the two but I'll go with entry 3 since it looks like there's more to it.

So entry 3 GMV.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Entry #3 - It's good, the colour matches, the patterns are layered out nicely. So, it gets my vote. My only complaint is the text. Though, it passes this time.

Hmm well I have to go for entry number 3 because i can clearly read the text ;// which is very important in my opinion ._.
Well gfx where text is concerned is more than just being clearly visible :/ I rather there were no text than there being simply a default font text.

I would have voted for #3 if it had no text btw.

Entry #3 gets my vote. Sure, the text could have been better, but it's still quite pretty as it is.

Entry #1 - It's nice, but the lack of focal kinda spoiled it for me. .___.
Entry #2 - Pretty good, but seemed messy in places.
Entry #4 - Nice, but too simple compared to the others.
Entry #5 - Good, except for the weird thing swirling around them. It's not smooth-looking, as if it were drawn by a mouse or something.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
#4 GMV, it has an interesting way of adding polka dots to it.:)

I know that #1 does too, but I don't know what's behind all the polka dots... ><

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Entry no #3. In addition to artificial dots made with brushes, it also boast a real polka theme unlike all other entries, and also has a nice composition. Sure, it is a bit big and borderless, but it's not that much of a deal in this entry. And seriously, the text isn't THAT bad, you don't even see it at first. But yeah, probably the only Polka theme sig that actually did the theme right.

For the popular #1 entry, I can't even make anything out of it >.>
Entry #1's not done by you? :?:
Having a hard time to choose between #1 and #3.
#1 - Great depth, but still slightly blurred. The typo's really catchy and interesting but the only thing I don't personally like is the colours. I guess it would look better with two main colours only.
#3 - is a beauty after all. Colours are great, composition's good but the text ruins the tag. Might look better if it's in white + without the glowing effect. Lacks depth and light source is strongly needed. However #3 gets my vote, since for me, it fits the theme really well.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
These entries are quite surprising if I may say.
Especially on 1 and 3. They were the most visually appealing among all entries.

#1: It was a great concept though it still needs more lighting. It really is quite dull and depth isn't really that good but is decent. I suggest that the GFXer of this entry should have at least lowered the opacity of the layer below the polka dots & add more lighting(maybe light gray on screen). Improve the colors too, I guess. Make it a little more vivid.

#3: It was appealing. Though it really lacks the right flow. The polka dots really exploded the flow but nonetheless it is really beautiful. The colors and blending is good overall.

Overall, #1 GMV.
#1 is very amusing and interesting. Concept-wise, though just as I said, improve those parts. ^^

But nevertheless, all entries were magnificent only that these two entries are the most appealing out of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.