SOTW #11 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Entry 3 GMV and wins handsdown. The Tag is simply well done. The depth is there. The typo is good. And the most important of all is that I dont feel too emo from that tag. XD

Entry #2 GMV

It's simple, but who said simple was bad? It expressed the dark nature of Gothic Lolita well. Only problem I have is that the "Gothic" is a bit hard to see.

Entry #1 was a close second, but it was a bit too dark (read: not bright) for me.

Entry #3 is not bad, but I feel that there are too much effects, and that they clash with each other.

Entry #4 isn't too shabby either. Interesting border-breaking approach, though you forgot (?) to fill in the 1px black border between Stocking's wings and head. Is that a C4D I see in the background?

godofwar7

#2 GMV

#1 Not goth lolita

#3 Effects were not incorporated into the tag well.

#4 Not goth lolita

The clothing is first and foremost the most important thing when youre talking about gothic lolita.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Entry 4 would have won in terms of pure design, but as GOW points out, it doesn't really fit the theme.
Entry 2 GMV - Its plain as hell, but won because the plain-ness made less chances to screw up.

Entry 1 - The lighting is beyond screwy. The black coloring you added at the end just murdered your lighting on the right and just made it all seem fake.
Entry 3 - The effects just don't work for me at all. Plain colored effects plastered on like that just ruin it for me.
Entry 4 - Kind of plain and I pretty much hate this style, but the fact is it isn't ruined by effects like the others. If it wasn't for the render choice, i would have given you first.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Entry #1 Got screwed by the lighting.

Entry #2 was a tad too dark. It does enhance the lightning, but not your work as a whole.

Entry #3 is quite messy. I would prefer to see more of your background.

Entry #4 doesn't really fit the theme.

All in all, Entry #3 GMV.

Why didn't anyone use Victorique De Blois?

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
#2 Gets my vote
It is has this crisp elements in it which really drawn me eyes into it. It's simple and was done nicely.

All other has done great sig, but with more technical knowledge, I believe all of them can do better.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
No#3 gets the vote.

No#1 has problems with lightning and lost a lot of colour.
No#2, yeah, cropped image complex.
No#3, as a sig I'd have some things to complain, like the text, height and no layers above the render with those brushes used below to make a feeling it's a part of a whole. But other than that, it's possibly the best SotW entry this week. And with few easy fixes it could be worn with pride.
No#4 grunge background and nothing to make the render feel a part of the sig. Lighten up the render, it's too dark, plus the text is too bold and spread out.

Damn you Hadriel! I thought the SotW was moved to Sundays now and I thought I could make an entry today :youwillpay:

No#3 gets the vote.

No#1 has problems with lightning and lost a lot of colour.
No#2, yeah, cropped image complex.
No#3, as a sig I'd have some things to complain, like the text, height and no layers above the render with those brushes used below to make a feeling it's a part of a whole. But other than that, it's possibly the best SotW entry this week. And with few easy fixes it could be worn with pride.
No#4 Aker's entry, right? Grundge background and nothing to make the render feel a part of the sig. Lighten up the render, it's too dark, plus the text is too bold and spread out.

Damn you Hadriel! I thought the SotW was moved to Sundays now and I thought I could make an entry today :youwillpay:
I like to keep my SOTWs on Saturdays. And you should have seen the deadline! I made it very clear!

#3 GMV

The first is good, but a bit too dark. And the text is kinda hard to see.
The second is way to dark, doesn't look like much was going on... It fits the theme well though
The third may not represent the theme all too well, and the effects are iffy, but is the best for me
The fourth is ok, text kinda ruined it for me though.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Entry 2 gets my vote. In my opinion was this tag one of two( the other one being 4) that stayed to the theme. I love the colourscheme and the typography is also pretty. Also the lighting is nice~

Alyss

=Vampiress=
#!: The lighting is a bit weird.
#2: It's too dark, and the text is hard to see (And Yuuko isn't "loli") *O*
#3: Nice, but I think it has too much stuff going on.
#4: It's pretty nice, but doesn't really fit the theme.

Entry #3 GMV :D

Alyss

=Vampiress=
Well, the phrase "lolita" comes from the word "loli", so in a sense, it's targeted towards lolis.
The difference between loli-gothic and gothic is that one's cuter, but Yuuko isn't really cute/loli

Meeehh, that's just the technicalities XP

Alyss said:
Well, the phrase "lolita" comes from the word "loli", so in a sense, it's targeted towards lolis.
The difference between loli-gothic and gothic is that one's cuter, but Yuuko isn't really cute/loli

Meeehh, that's just the technicalities XP
"loli" came from "Lolita", a book by some guy long ago.

godofwar7

Lolita does mean loli. Just as Lolicon is the shortened version of LolitaComplex.
It is not a fashion style.
Gothic Lolita is the name of the fashion style.
Gothic is not a fashion style either. Just plain Goth is though. And it has no connection to the Gothic era or the Gothic Lolita fashion style.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
I want to make this clear first things, first since I'm a fan of Gothic Lolita fashion and it is my fashion as well.
Gothic Lolita is not loli. /sigh
If it was about loli then would you call me a loli? A person wearing that fashion? If you say yes, I'm gonna slap you head on for mistaking Gothic Lolita with Loli more.

And no I'm not gonna vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.