SOTW #10 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
oh wow. Entry 3 looks pretty decent. Even though not much effect was done the Text and Depth is simply awesome!

Entry 3 GMV

Entry 2 GMV then. nya~

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
#1 just really stood out for me colourlike XD ehehe I love the colour orange #2 made me laugh XD so cute lol but so not war like except for the wapon lol well maybe war as in a children's war lol with hello kitty and a dinosaur.. and #3 is very pretty aswell but yeah can help but to feel like the orangeperson (omg i cant figure out if its the back or the front of the person) is pasted on the picture D: but the sig text ~~~ omg D: Hard to choose!!!! Hmmwell not too xD it looks to childish in my opinion xD ehm omg omg omg TT__TT AHHHHHH I'm gonna dieee D: the pics are both great D: well I go for #3 as I like the font best in that one ><"

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Nice font in no#3, and that's pretty much all I can say. The amount of text and placing resembles more of a banner or buttons. I can't really say nice sig as a whole, since the stock image was just rotated and slightly sharpened in some parts. Way too little was done there, and looking good with no effort because it already looked good as an image won't guarantee my vote.

No#1 gets the vote for at least doing anything and showing some effort. That, or we could just allow people crop images/wallpapers in the future and let them enter those as signatures.

Let's see... Out of all the entries, I'd say Entry #3 is the most relevant to the theme. Remember, a signature about war doesn't mean you just slap a pic of some guy going to fight or a gun or something. The signature must capture the essence of war itself. That being said, my vote goes to Entry #1, simply because the entrant did quite a few well-executed effects on the stock. Sure, there's lots of room for improvement, but it's a solid job nonetheless. Entry #3 isn't bad, but as Emmie pointed out, the simplicity makes it undeserving of the award, though I personally feel that a simplistic style suits the stock.

Edit: And the right side of Entry #3 looks oversharpened as well.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Entry #1 GMV. Nice usage of textures on the backgrounds. The colours are very nice, a bit too red imo but there is definitely a nice flow in there. Besides that the Typo isnt bad. Not really my favourite though.

I would have voted for #3 but the right side just looks way too oversharpened.. it took me a while to even understand what I was seeing(had to click the stock to actually notice that it was a backside of a little girl). Font is very pretty though.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
And, #3 gmv - even though it looks like a typical signature, but it is better made compared to others -- keeping it minimalistic, without too much effect, is sometimes better. I don't like the over-sharpening and over-blurring to bring a pseudo-dynamic effect.

I don't like the lettering. It's very bad in terms of font choice and location, but still does the job. I don't know that depicts the "War" concept.

#1 I would go easy with those effect and fractals, especially if you cannot pull them off nicely. The colour is too monotone; careful layer effects will make it appear more nice, but not this. The text is simply bad. I don't understand its size. Border destroys it.

I can see so much effort went on in making it, but without basic layering or effect knowledge, nothing goes nice. I can see the war in it, it's a warrior going hacking! I would have chose a subtle khaki/beige colour, though.

#2 I appreciate the concept, but it didn't pulled off right. The effects are playful, but it is not dynamic or dramatic enough. Not much of a sig, and has nothing that it indicates war, beside it being a for-female AK47

Anyway, nice job people.

(Oh, by dynamic, I mean the flow, focal, depth and lighting; by dramatic, the overall effects and concept)

Update: Entry #3 has been disqualified due to divine intervention, and because it followed the stock too much. [MENTION=94]~Kitty~[/MENTION], [MENTION=60]HappyNisa[/MENTION], [MENTION=195]Biomega[/MENTION], please re-vote.

(Oh, and I would like to gather your ideas on how we can encourage people to work harder on their entries. Go to the Feedback/Suggestions thread if you have an idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.