SlutWalk

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
It was the robber's fault, but it's your fault for wearing lots of jewellery in a crime-ridden area and thus increasing the chances of you getting robbed.
But it does not mean she was asking to be raped.

Happens all the time when tourist visit New York. Either you're ignorant, or you're an idiot. But the blame would still go on the robber.
If that is the case, then Sanguinetti's advice is true if given a proper context i.e. one must not dress provocatively in an unsafe area even though it is one's right to do so.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Can we really compare jeweleries with slutty clothes?
I know i am being stubborn now.

It is like insinuating that ‘hindu or sikh or muslim’ women don’t experience sexual assault.Cos they dress differently and cover their body.

The truth of the matter is that rape, murder, battery, verbal assault, and everything in between have existed for as long as humans have.
There is a constant threat, especially in concentrated urban areas, that you will be a victim at some point. No matter of the clothes you wear or not wear.

noex1337

Emmie was here
If that is the case, then Sanguinetti's advice is true if given a proper context i.e. one must not dress provocatively in an unsafe area even though it is one's right to do so.
And what would you say about protest too? One must not exercise freedom of speech toward an unsatisfactory government even though it is their right to do it? So all decisions should now be based on fear?

The difference is in the nuance. Sanguinetti implies that a woman who dresses provacatively is technically to blame for getting raped, while I posit that a woman who dresses provacatively is technically to blame for increasing the chances of her getting raped.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The difference is in the nuance. Sanguinetti implies that a woman who dresses provacatively is technically to blame for getting raped, while I posit that a woman who dresses provacatively is technically to blame for increasing the chances of her getting raped.
Given a proper context, Sanguinetti's advice is identical to yours.

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
I'm a firm believer in the value of free speech. As such, I think women have a right to wear whatever they want. They can even be nudist if they want to and it still doesn't justify the man for raping her. That argument is as much BS as those celebrities claiming they have a "sex addiction".

That being said, depending on the nature of the community you live in, dressing provocatively may not be the wisest decision. Even so, it doesn't mean she was "asking for it".

Yup totally true ...

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Yes so if you wear sexy cloth, do remember rapist is everywhere, so take precaution is the only way to survive
:goaway:

You have no possible way of proving that every male who sees a women dressed in "slutty" cloths is objectified.
What about mentally challenged women who are assaulted? Young girls? You’re blaming women for men’s crimes.

Kaze i think men need to stop putting pressure on women to conform to a particular set of current understandings about what they want to see, and women need to stop conforming to that understanding.

If women stop conforming to that understanding, it forces men to change how they think. This is a two part process.
In any case.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
True. I perceive Sanguinetti's advice to be a mere slip of the tongue. His advice is similar to mine, but mine is more nuanced, while his was rather rash and direct.
Correct.
Nobody is denying the right for women to wear as they like.
But to wear as they like, same with politic - involve risk, even though it is within one's right.
Unless one is fully aware of the risk, one should not play with fire.
Hell, I was threatened once for criticizing Israel.

Kaze i think men need to stop putting pressure on women to conform to a particular set of current understandings about what they want to see, and women need to stop conforming to that understanding.

If women stop conforming to that understanding, it forces men to change how they think. This is a two part process.
In any case.
if it is that easy there won't be any rape~ lust is the king in this problem

noex1337

Emmie was here
Correct.
Nobody is denying the right for women to wear as they like.
But to wear as they like, same with politic - involve risk, even though it is within one's right.
Unless one is fully aware of the risk, one should not play with fire.
Hell, I was threatened once for criticizing Israel.
I suppose I can agree to this.