Should Headphones (music) be allowed in school?

Should headphones be allowed in school?

• Total voters

Nori

There's only been 4 people posting in here. Most of the posts are off topic and have absolutely nothing to do with headphones in school.

Sailor_Peridot

Ultimate Bleach Fan!!!!!
It really is true, but the posts are about random stuff that's really funny!!!! My laptop's hard drive crashed on me last night for no reason....so I lost all of my files on my laptop..............T-T

Nori

Well right now this isn't much of a debate. You are all agreeing with each other.

And stop talking about the hard-drive. I'd like to keep the forum's that are not "Randomness" non-random especially the Debate one. Thank you.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lorthimyer @ 2-23-2007 @ 9:39 PM) [snapback]3091[/snapback]</div>
I also agree with allowing headphones in school, cause what's the point of not having them. And when I say point I mean some kick ass reason.[/b]
It'll affect your grades when you don't pay attention in class. You wont graduate so you wont go to college. You wont have a job when you're older, or you'll be working at McDonalds still living off your mom at the age of 50.

Is that good enough?

Archangel

hay I work at McDonalds j/k Na but for real Nori has a piont school is really important and its something you dont relize till your older, but highschool decides your fate in life. Your grades , SAT scores and your behavior decides what school you go to. Dont get me wrong headphones should be allowed in school but with a limit. There is no need for headphones in class, but in the hallways or during lunch and any other breaks you have it should be allowed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-24-2007 @ 12:57 AM) [snapback]3106[/snapback]</div>
hay I work at McDonalds j/k Na but for real Nori has a piont school is really important and its something you dont relize till your older, but highschool decides your fate in life. Your grades , SAT scores and your behavior decides what school you go to. Dont get me wrong headphones should be allowed in school but with a limit. There is no need for headphones in class, but in the hallways or during lunch and any other breaks you have it should be allowed.[/b]
Thats rely where all the teachers turn a blind eye at my school because we get there 45mins before school starts so none of the teachers care then and also during lunch I'm with the stage manager more than half the days and he couldn't care less. Also none of the enriched (weighted course) teachers care if we listen to them while we work or type and this is at one of the to public school systems in the US. Headphones should be allowed.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim @ 2-24-2007 @ 10:33 AM) [snapback]3113[/snapback]</div>
Thats rely where all the teachers turn a blind eye at my school because we get there 45mins before school starts so none of the teachers care then and also during lunch I'm with the stage manager more than half the days and he couldn't care less. Also none of the enriched (weighted course) teachers care if we listen to them while we work or type and this is at one of the to public school systems in the US. Headphones should be allowed.[/b]
The bulk of that had absolutely no point.

I thought you meant listening to them on your own time. If the teacher is lecturing that's a different story, but I if it's classwork or something of the like, and you can concentrate while listening to music why not?
But no headphones during tests and quizzes either.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lorthimyer @ 2-24-2007 @ 1:14 PM) [snapback]3121[/snapback]</div>
I thought you meant listening to them on your own time. If the teacher is lecturing that's a different story, but I if it's classwork or something of the like, and you can concentrate while listening to music why not?
But no headphones during tests and quizzes either.[/b]
No I meant in class, not in the hallways, cafeteria, etc. Unless you like studying during those times (which I know I don't).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ 2-17-2007 @ 5:25 PM) [snapback]2564[/snapback]</div>
If you are doing quiet work, then why would you be listening to music? Explain that to me please, because if you are doing, as you said, work then you shouldn't have the distraction of music.[/b]
Well if you are like me and music helps you concentrate then it works :p

Like in IT class, the teacher lets us put on music from our mobiles or something and I personally manage to do better.

Swiss

function Swiss()
WOW, I surprised to see that we r still debating on this topic. Headphones? I'm thinking, right now that u should do whatever u want, your money, your time and your business. If you don't like rules and want to use headphones then go ahead. That's what free will is for.