RULE QUESTIONS!

Xiga

I would like to ask some questions about the rules that has been posted. I do not mean to disrespect any decisions that has been made in the rule making, However some rules don't make sense to me.

• Spam and stupid posts will be deleted on the spot. Members that frequently spam, be it intentional or not will be subject to administrative action. Posts that consist of only smileys, one liners, or nonsense qualifies as spam. If you wish to spam, please use the spam forum.
    ---
    1. Who judges if a post is stupid? What give anyone the right to call someones post stupid? If it is out of topic and out of context, that is one thing, but judging ones post as stupid is so individual it can not be judged by moderators on a fair level. What is your view on this?
  • 1. Unintelligible and unreadable posts will be deleted on sight. Post as clearly as possible. This includes using spelling and grammar to the best of your abilities. 2.Do not post in a language that is not English and do not post in Internet languages such as l33t or self-made languages. Clear posts help you and others understand what you're saying, anything that is difficult to read or is an eyesore only creates problems. When posting, keep in mind that you should type in a manner that is universally understandable.
    ----
    1. Unintelligible are a definition of where it is being posted. If it, once again is out of context and in the wrong thread, it will most likely be Unintelligible, but this is also a matter of reading the situation, how it is posted, to whom it is posted and so on.
  • Racist and prejudice remarks or behavior is intolerable. Inflammatory remarks of another's race, culture, country, religion, sexual orientation, gender is prohibited.We do not allow threads or posts that contain such remarks. We do not allow “hating” on anyone for any reason. Any member in violation will be noted and dealt with accordingly and may be subject to the highest severity of punishment.
    1. See above
    2. Isn't denying us the right to speak in our own language a type of offensive rule? I find it offensive, that posts may not be made in Swedish, Finnish, Japanese, Portuguese etc, will be deleted and suppressed. However, Instead I think that posts in other languages should be explained by the poster. I also wonder when you will judge a post as unreadable due to grammar failure and wrong using of words, seeing as this is a forum with members from all over the world, (and under my impression most are from europe). Not to mention the fact that a poster might be a dyslectic person, or someone who just simply has trouble with writing and/or formulating him/herself.
  • Creating threads that resemble or is the same as another active thread is not allowed. Please search before you create a thread. There is always a chance that the thread you are about to make already exists. If you do create a thread that is similar or identical, it will either be merged or deleted.
  • Bumping threads is absolutely acceptable if there is good reasoning behind it. If you wish to bump a topic that has not gotten many views or any replies after posting, or a thread that still has much potential, we will accept it. However, we do not tolerate necro-ing threads. What is necro-ing threads? It's when a member posts in a thread that ceased to be active or relevant to the forum a very long time ago. It's fine to post in threads that are a few months old as long as it has good reasoning but it should not become an active habit.
    1. If you find a thread that IS what you wanted to post, but is older than a couple of months, are one allowed to bump it then? When will it be judged as irrelevant, specially if it is bumped, it obviously is requested that someone wants that thread to be active once more. Once again this is a matter of how you read the surroundings around the situation and thread itself.
  • Flaming, insulting or humiliating staff in any form will not be tolerated. Anyone that is in violation will be dealt with quickly and harshly.
    1. Does questioning the staff count as any of the above? If so I am terribly sorry.
I think that was all that I had right now. As for other members, I think you should state your opinion on the rules aswell, to get clearification on anything you might wonder. One shouldn't be afraid to ask mods of a forum in my opinion.

Is there a MODERATOR / ADMINISTRATOR list anywhere?

@Tempest
@Canabary
@boyd

Canabary

Administrator
1. The "stupid" part is perhaps a reduntant addition. SPAM means "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages", and that is basically what we mean by "stupid" messages. Stupid messages have nothing to do with the topic being discussed and can not be regarded as anywhere near on topic. Like say you were discussing the latest Naruto episode, discussing theories on how the series would develop, a stupid message in this context would be: "I like to rub the dog". Unless this quote is from the series in some way or was mentioned in the last episode this would be considered a stupid message. Disagreeing with an opinion. like say "I think Naruto will become Hogkage and then Sakura will marry him and they will have little ninja babies!" might be stupid on the face of it, but is relevant to the topic and therefore not SPAM.

2. By unintelligible we mean posts that simply do not make sense any way you look at it. Such posts would be consistent of "asioha aioshdf asoihwef asdiohfh kblna" or "025y186y34b3jk46b320" without any clear refrence as to why it was said. Binary, although may seem uninteligable may in some cases be used as a way of communication and is easily identifiable. We prefer that if you do communicate in such a way that you specify it first. Certain ways of expressing yourself in English would also be unintelligible, such as "I come closet away the world fixed stove". If there's no way to identify the meaning behind the post it is considered unintelligible.

3. We are an English speaking forum and as such we expect the majority of communication to be done in English. This is simply a logistical issue that prevents a whole lot of miss communication and lack of coherency in threads and posts. English is chosen simply because it's considered a universially taught language and the majority of people who frequent these sites speak it. The purpose is not to restrict anyone, but to make communication between members easier. The use of some foreign language in posts is acceptable as long as there's a clear reason behind it. There are also places in the forum that are specially created for foreign language speakers.

4. Bumping old threads to revisit a subject is perfectly acceptable if you wish to draw attention to some information that was written earlier. In the case of month old posts you are entirely in your right to make a new post if you so wish. There's only one Android on the staff and he's not even involved in forum administration so usually you tend to deal with people who are able to consider situation and not just react automatically.

5. Nope. Questioning, disagreeing, and being mystified is completely acceptable as long as it's done in a civil and respectful manner. Using foul language and personal attacks to get your opinion across however is not acceptable. If you strongly disagree with a more serious decision, such as bans and what you'd consider seroiusly flawed behaviour, take it up with Myself, Boyd, Abarnes or Tempest in private. If you disagre with one of us, or have an issue with one of our decisions, contact one of the three others.

Edit:

Oh and no, we do not have a staff list yet, as there are some changes that are bound to happen to staff. You can always direct your inqueries to Myself, Boyd, Tempest or Abarnes though. If you want to complain about all of us talk to DarkSign.

Xiga

1. The "stupid" part is perhaps a reduntant addition. SPAM means "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages", and that is basically what we mean by "stupid" messages. Stupid messages have nothing to do with the topic being discussed and can not be regarded as anywhere near on topic. Like say you were discussing the latest Naruto episode, discussing theories on how the series would develop, a stupid message in this context would be: "I like to rub the dog". Unless this quote is from the series in some way or was mentioned in the last episode this would be considered a stupid message. Disagreeing with an opinion. like say "I think Naruto will become Hogkage and then Sakura will marry him and they will have little ninja babies!" might be stupid on the face of it, but is relevant to the topic and therefore not SPAM.

2. By unintelligible we mean posts that simply do not make sense any way you look at it. Such posts would be consistent of "asioha aioshdf asoihwef asdiohfh kblna" or "025y186y34b3jk46b320" without any clear refrence as to why it was said. Binary, although may seem uninteligable may in some cases be used as a way of communication and is easily identifiable. We prefer that if you do communicate in such a way that you specify it first. Certain ways of expressing yourself in English would also be unintelligible, such as "I come closet away the world fixed stove". If there's no way to identify the meaning behind the post it is considered unintelligible.

3. We are an English speaking forum and as such we expect the majority of communication to be done in English. This is simply a logistical issue that prevents a whole lot of miss communication and lack of coherency in threads and posts. English is chosen simply because it's considered a universially taught language and the majority of people who frequent these sites speak it. The purpose is not to restrict anyone, but to make communication between members easier. The use of some foreign language in posts is acceptable as long as there's a clear reason behind it. There are also places in the forum that are specially created for foreign language speakers.

4. Bumping old threads to revisit a subject is perfectly acceptable if you wish to draw attention to some information that was written earlier. In the case of month old posts you are entirely in your right to make a new post if you so wish. There's only one Android on the staff and he's not even involved in forum administration so usually you tend to deal with people who are able to consider situation and not just react automatically.

5. Nope. Questioning, disagreeing, and being mystified is completely acceptable as long as it's done in a civil and respectful manner. Using foul language and personal attacks to get your opinion across however is not acceptable. If you strongly disagree with a more serious decision, such as bans and what you'd consider seroiusly flawed behaviour, take it up with Myself, Boyd, Abarnes or Tempest in private. If you disagre with one of us, or have an issue with one of our decisions, contact one of the three others.

Edit:

Oh and no, we do not have a staff list yet, as there are some changes that are bound to happen to staff. You can always direct your inqueries to Myself, Boyd, Tempest or Abarnes though. If you want to complain about all of us talk to DarkSign.
Is there a way to clearify the above statements in the rules already made? Also

2,3: That part of the rule really needs to be re-written. I can understand that writing in another language will cause a language barrier, but by saying DO NOT POST... Etc, at least I interpet it as if you would delete my post just because I started a sentence in another language. It makes at least me uneasy. I still wonder though;
I also wonder when you will judge a post as unreadable due to grammar failure and wrong using of words, seeing as this is a forum with members from all over the world, (and under my impression most are from europe). Not to mention the fact that a poster might be a dyslectic person, or someone who just simply has trouble with writing and/or formulating him/herself.

Canabary

Administrator
Is there a way to clearify the above statements in the rules already made? Also

2,3: That part of the rule really needs to be re-written. I can understand that writing in another language will cause a language barrier, but by saying DO NOT POST... Etc, at least I interpet it as if you would delete my post just because I started a sentence in another language. It makes at least me uneasy. I still wonder though;
Yes it will be clarified. I was in the process of doing so, but made the post a little too long and was cut off. I will get back to it soon.

I will take it into consideration when I look it over again.

As for the latter, I believe a post will be considered unreadable when it is impossible to grasp the meaning of it. You don't need to have perfect command of the written language to post here, but you need to be able to express yourself and be understood. As long as people understand what you are saying and what you are trying to say (even if it requires a little inquiry) your post is easily within the boundaries of the rule. Only once a post becomes nonsensical and impossible to understand will it be considered "unreadable".