Romania legalizing incest ?

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
As part of a wide ranging reform of their criminal code, Romania has moved towards decriminalizing incest, defined as sexual relations between family members.

Such reform will bring Romania in line with much of Europe, where sexual relations between family members are frowned upon, but not subject to criminal sanction. Under current Romanian law, the crime of incest is subject to a sentence of seven years in jail.

While the law faces stiff opposition, particularly from the Romanian Orthodox Church, the new legislation also has its fervent adherents.

“If brothers and sisters want to have fun, why should they be imprisoned? It is nobody’s business what I do in my bedroom,” said one Romanian man who favored the new changes.

The Romanian Justice Ministry also contends that incest cannot be stopped with “criminal sanctions, but with medical and social measures, because incest is based on pathological factors.”

Still the new legislation has angered some. “Incest should not be legalized. If they want to have sex, better to say a prayer and remember that God sees them,” said one Romanian woman. “I would castrate them.”

Another man said he was unsure if consulting adults should be jailed for incest but added “I think it is shameful all the same.”

Incest is a crime in the United States, though some states impose no criminal penalties for it. The UK punishes incest with up to 14 years in prison.

European states tend to criminalise only marriage, sex between adults and children, or having a child by a relative. Laws exempting family members from prosecution for consensual incestuous acts upon other adult family members are decades old in France, Spain and Portugal.

In Japan, incest is technically legal but is generally considered immoral. Still, such views of incest have not stopped the proliferation of media prominently featuring incestuous themes, whether genuine or fictitious.
I heard about this last week I think, and I thought it would be a funny discussion material with our Romanian friends :p

Is this true ? :chant:

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
hmm... if this is true.. it sounds like they are jut repealing a law that lets authorities concentrate on more important things.. or.. the person proposing the change has a secret!!

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
:O Yeah, could be... sounds like somethings on atleast

Even though it's absolutely none of my business what people want to do with they're siblings but... I don't think most of the kids will be... well, normal ?

Last edited:
well... normally is not legal ..... but there is a new code that says if brothers and sisters are over 18 years old .. they have no reason to stop them nor punish them... since they are not underage anymore they see no reason to punish them by law.... kind of weird this new code but oh well..

i dont have anything against incest if they really love eachother then the fact that they're brothers shouldn't stop them.... or so i think...

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
lol that's nice :D i didn't hear about this fact, though i'm romanian :D
but as far as i know it is not legal yet, but there are some rules or something like that, concerning the teenagers, under 18 years old, as for the rest, is not as if anyone could stop them from doing what they feel like :D
as i always said, romania is the country in which absolutely anything could happen :D
so don't underestimate the romanian people :D

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
Hehe, I don't got any right to judge other people decision or well... rather, I don't have any right to judge at all.
Some think Japan is sick for not forbid incest, I don't give a crap about it,

i dont have anything against incest if they really love eachother then the fact that they're brothers shouldn't stop them.... or so i think...
Agreed, love isn't forbidden so... why love between bro/sis, sis/sis and bro/bro the other way around :)

yup yup..... i dont have anything against japan as well ... all i can say to the fact that they have the incest legalized is " Hurray ! hu hu hu hu ! go Japan!"
muwahahahahah

Isn't the only reason Incest if illegal is because they might produce deformed offspring and the fact that it's morally disgusting?

I mean, I love my ItaSasu as much as the next fangirl, but still...

=/

seirei

kumo no you ni
Haha, now I see this piece of news on this forum too...
Well, I decided to check out some local online newspapers on this subject...and it looks that this law hasn't been voted yet :/

They think that instead of 7 years of prison, psychiatric help would be more appropiate, saying that not everything that is immoral is illegal too :/

So yeah...besides the possibly deformed offspring..I have nothing against it :p

Spice

Zombie Slayer~
There is a high probability to get sick/deformed children if a brother and sister etc. decides to get children together, since they share 50 percent of their genes with each other.

It might be morally wrong, but if they really do love each other then what is there to do about it?

yup yup spice san.... i agree... if they do love each other, then the law has no right to punish them ... if they don't hurt no one ... and don't mess up others lives

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
i don't find it immoral :D
i agree with incest as long as they use protection, we wouldn't want some mutants to wander around now, would we? :D

Spice

Zombie Slayer~
In a way are we all not mutants? We are a mix of our parents genes, hybrids so to speak. Without mutations we wouldn't be here today as homo sapiens, the modern human. ^_^

But we do not want the harmful mutations giving deformities and lethal diseases. So for the brothers and sisters etc. out there remember to use protection, as Haruka said, or be willing to take the risk!