Recommend Some Good Games

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Rah-' timestamp='1307612978' post='149464']

civ 5 is the slowest turn based strategy game i have ever played. a single match against the computer spanned several days...

[/quote]

Agreed....

Play Civ IV, then xD

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, I'm looking for games with focus on your own character in the trading business. I really enjoyed Recettear, I also tried The Guild with mixed feelings. Things like being a shopkeeper, blacksmith, etc. are welcome~

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Emeralda' timestamp='1307650113' post='149645']

Rawr, I'm looking for games with focus on your own character in the trading business. I really enjoyed Recettear, I also tried The Guild with mixed feelings. Things like being a shopkeeper, blacksmith, etc. are welcome~

[/quote]

eh, Tradewinds?

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='Wolfnagi' timestamp='1307650388' post='149646']eh, Tradewinds?[/quote]I had Tradewinds 2 and 3(aka Legends)

Legends has an abusive naming system. I swear, if they start to make stupid made-up Arabic or Middle-Eastern names, I will sue dem bashtas. But I like the battle system more in TW Legend than TW2. The story lines are good.

TW2 had a nice PoTC feeling.

They only thing that downed me is that there isn't much exploring, and the art work was little(and could have been better). Not worth paying money for any of them, they should be free games! arrrrghh!!

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1307651709' post='149656']

I had Tradewinds 2 and 3(aka Legends)

Legends has an abusive naming system. I swear, if they start to make stupid made-up Arabic or Middle-Eastern names, I will sue dem bashtas. But I like the battle system more in TW Legend than TW2. The story lines are good.

TW2 had a nice PoTC feeling.

They only thing that downed me is that there isn't much exploring, and the art work was little(and could have been better). Not worth paying money for any of them, they should be free games! arrrrghh!!

[/quote]

You should not try Tradewinds: Caravan then.......

Its sucks, EPIC~!!!!!

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Ehhh, but isn't it like Port Royale and other economic games like that? I like when the focus is on the struggles of your character in person.

[quote name='Rah-' timestamp='1307612978' post='149464']

civ 5 is the slowest turn based strategy game i have ever played. a single match against the computer spanned several days...

[/quote]

It took me 8 hours with 1 game... I had 2/3's and some tribe warrior had 1/3... I was 2 turns away before getting science victory too OTL

but it takes TO LONG TIME >_> 8 hours for a normal game against A.I...

As for recommendation, FF VII Crisis Core if you got a PSP.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307658558' post='149728']

It took me 8 hours with 1 game... I had 2/3's and some tribe warrior had 1/3... I was 2 turns away before getting science victory too OTL

[/quote]

You should played it at Marathon speed.

IT TAKES A FREAKING WEEK TO FINISH~!!!!!!!

[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307658558' post='149728']

[/quote]agrees with Recommendation Crisis core is the stuff hate the ending though.... have you fought Minerva?

I recommend blazblue the best fighting game ever^^

[quote name='Emeralda' timestamp='1307650113' post='149645']

[/quote]

Runescape

You could try the Atelier series, like Atelier Rorona.

[quote name='FeltLyner AshGrave' timestamp='1307698053' post='149899']

agrees with Recommendation Crisis core is the stuff hate the ending though.... have you fought Minerva?

I recommend blazblue the best fighting game ever^^

[/quote]

My friend got a cracked PSP with the game, I don't want to crack mine ;_; so I played it to the part you get attacked by the helicopters and get pissed at Genesis. I've been looking for the game a long time thought, might just buy it on the ps3, since my local game stores don't have it...

and as for blazblue <3

[quote name='Avan Onee-chan' timestamp='1307703219' post='149923']

My friend got a cracked PSP with the game, I don't want to crack mine ;_; so I played it to the part you get attacked by the helicopters and get pissed at Genesis. I've been looking for the game a long time thought, might just buy it on the ps3, since my local game stores don't have it...

and as for blazblue <3

[/quote]just download some emulators^^ it helps greatly since you don have to waste money and can play it at your comp^^

Atelier Series is my next recommendation^^

[quote name='FeltLyner AshGrave' timestamp='1307708795' post='149939']

just download some emulators^^ it helps greatly since you don have to waste money and can play it at your comp^^

Atelier Series is my next recommendation^^

[/quote]

Oh well no >_> any game that you uses an analog stick on can't be played on a computer, unless you can connect a controller.

I recommend Mirrors Edge for people who like rpgs where its not all just hack and slash. I loved that game <3 and I still do

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Mirrors Edge is definitely a winwin game. Best free running game I've ever seen. ='D

Oh, and in other news~ in a few days Duke Nukem Forever will finally be released! I cant wait to play it 8D Nostalgia~ <3

[quote name='Lily' timestamp='1307720605' post='150039']

Mirrors Edge is definitely a winwin game. Best free running game I've ever seen. ='D

Oh, and in other news~ in a few days Duke Nukem Forever will finally be released! I cant wait to play it 8D Nostalgia~ <3

[/quote]

Never played a Duke Nukem game, but I watched Totalbiscuit's WTF is video of the demo, and I have to say it looks really bad compared to the old ones I also saw at his channel... regenerating health, you can carry 2 weapons etc etc and no freakin BOOT.

P.S: rant above is the opinion of a person that haven't played the games, but know a few facts about it.

[youtube]M6MjzgTZriw[/youtube]

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Lily' timestamp='1307720605' post='150039']

[/quote]

Seconded Duke Nukem xD

Also, Dungeon Keeper, for those who like to play old-style RPG game xD

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
The thing that I enjoy the most of Duke Nukem games are the ridiculous one-liners of Duke~ Oh and the random killing and shooting anything you see. I watched the whole video and it don't look that bad to me. Yes, the graphics aren't that awesome as they could have been. But Im glad that they are actually gonna release it! Some people have been waiting for this for twelve years xD

Oh and the only two guns thing is very very stupid >____> the only thing that actually annoyed me most, besides the lack of awesome BOOT .___.

Still, Im definitely going to play it. :3

lolol that guy is actually pretty funny, although a bit fail because he got killed 832923809 times xD