Real Life vs Internet Life

Sanae

Staff member
Would you say you're pretty much the same online as you are in real life? Or, is there a difference (rather it be huge or small)? Are you more outgoing online then in real life or vi-versa? Or, anything else ^^

I would say I'm pretty much the same ^__^ I'm too lazy to try to be someone else xD; Besides, I'm a bad actress :huuh:

Actually, I am shy irl as well, but at the same time, I think being online has encouraged me to be more outspoken.. Both online in irl. I've learned that it's ok to say what I think and don't hae to be quiet all the time just so others have their way.. Depending on the situation ofc :p

Since I've been online, I have become a bit anti-social in a way, but it's more of a not seeing certain people in a while, so there's always that awkwardness when you're reunited with someone xD;

So, is your interent person the same as your real life person?

Im basically the same....except Im a bit more calculative and analytical in the real world. But ironically just as likely to give into my emotions as here.

Scorpion

Kiyo's Father
It can be varied sometimes I can be more serious with people in rl and online I tend to act more crazier but then again I can get serious here sometimes too. I find more people I have in common with online then in rl.

....i would say im having multiple personality disorder online on some sites you would never think it was me.

Irl im quite similar just that i suppress some sides of me depending on who i hang with....an example of that is i guess that i can sit with some people and look at anime (both girls and boys in that group) and be cuddly and cozy even go moe~ sometimes.....just to later go to my other buds (dudes only sort of occasion) and there play Gears of war laugh when someone gets his head blown of and drink beer to breakfast.....(not recommended)

:mad:_@: messes my head up sometimes

noex1337

Emmie was here
I'd say I'm different, mostly because only a small facet of my personality is the words I say. I think I communicate best through expressions, which doesn't really work online.

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
I am more Out going In real life then online ...Only because what you say online would stay there forever...But in real life you can go from place to place without ever leaving a trail..

Alyss

=Vampiress=
I think I'm more talkative online, and more analytical in RL.... Maybe.... :3
But personality-wise, I'm basically the same~ :D

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Im rather different in real life than I am on the forums. I actually censor myself a lot on the internet. Something that I dont do irl >_> I just blurt out whatever I think. That has gotten me in trouble let's say a couple of times T.T

Besides that I am pretty much the same in forums as im in my real life, outspoken, not shy but definitely not needing extra attention either. Oh and one thing about me irl. I laugh a lot. And I do mean a lot xD I find practicaly anything amusing~ : D conveying laughter over the internet is a bit harder xD

More or less the same. Reserved and awkward, but here a little less since i have time to edit what I say. I self censor a lot more irl.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
It used to be very different for me, since in the past I tried very hard to be an outgoing person online. Irl I am very shy and reserved, and only talk a lot to and joke around with people I am very, very close to. However recently I tend to act more like my rl persona, since I talk a lot less, use less emoticons etc. In short I am a serious person, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun from time to time

Are you bloody kidding me? You think I'm going to visit a place like the internet full of furries,AIDS,and identity theft and still be my usual emotionless and eternally silent self?

Sod. Right. Off. On the internet I am a fucking GOD and I will smother any of you dill-holes who have the misfortune of disagreeing with me over the fact with my enormous smelly nutsack. Gadolf the Absolute is the way I feel,not the way I act. It is who I want to be but can't.

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Like any functioning person I think more in RL about my words and actions. Some of the things that I joke about online will have the FBI on my tail or get me fired upon many other things. Online I care a hell lot less. Personality wise I'm the same regardless, it's just the actions and words differentiate a bit.