Rate The Song Above

Hmm, I give the song above a 4/10.... Thats just my opinion and it didnt appeal to me at all -.-

[YOUTUBE]_4qjoZ2m4bs[/YOUTUBE]

This is Gackts newest single that came out today... =)
It is originally a Vocaloid song by Gakupo..

All in all, I'm surprised to find this on their new album. Though honestly it is not their best; 6/10.

I think we are in some need of post-rock, don't you? Try to approach it with a clear mind, as Godspeed You! Black Emperor is very, very removed from popular music. Containing elements of minimalism and melodic phrasing past what is considering normal or enjoyable even.

East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor

8.5/10

I'm impressed with how the song managed to create a very lonely atmosphere. The mix of stringed instruments and electric guitar was interesting, and I loved the buildup at the end.

[YOUTUBE]v2ayKK8E7gc[/YOUTUBE]

You know, I have never cared for The Mars Volta. A lot of people say since I tend to sway towards Progressive this is strange, but I can't seem to get over my dislike of the lead singer's voice long enough to enjoy the music. 5/10

On the note of bad vocalists, I find it best to avoid such people by sticking to instrumentals x] Like Kissinger, I find it best just to cut all attempts at persuasion and give up sometimes. So with that in mind, more post-rock, this one being from Yndi Halda, a very unique band in their own right. Mixing post-rock with heavy classical and contemporary elements and using vocals as more of an instrument in and of themselves, as demonstrated in the climax to this song.

~Dash and Blast, Pt.2/2 by Yndi Halda~

[youtube]SnFQgeJLhi8[/youtube]

That was actually pretty good! ahaha, 8/10 <-- only because it was a little weird sounding but in a good-ish way xD

Morning Musume - Nanchatte Renai
[YOUTUBE]cwT9P0VkHKw[/YOUTUBE]

7/10 for the comedic value. Lady Gaga sucks, let us admit this and get on with our lives. Or lynch her...either one.

Scottish post-rock does indeed exist, and thankfully without bagpipes or kilts.

~I Love You. I'm Going to Blow Up Your School~

[youtube]ub8J5SSn8DA[/youtube]

Meh, too popish for my tastes. It has far to many cliche musical elements to interest me, 2/10.

Changing the tune a bit, this solo project belongs to the lead guitarist of the thrash-screamo band Alexisonfire, see if you can tell the musical differences between the two projects :p

~What Makes a Man by City & Color (Dallas Green)~

[youtube]Iugr-yPgQgQ[/youtube]

O___________O Gackt = 2.... A TWO?
*cries in a corner*

HMPH! -.-

Too countryish >_<
5/10

[YOUTUBE]F6M0VL8KXeo[/YOUTUBE]

A two... *cries*
Thats an insult to Gackt-Sama =(

meeeeeh, its your opinion which I HIGHLY disagree on!!