Pregnant Man

Well this is quite interesting...........

A man who used to be a woman before having gender reassignment surgery claims he is five months pregnant and expecting a baby girl in July.

Thomas Beatie, who is married and from the US state of Oregon, has written an article in the gay magazine Advocate, saying it feels "incredible" to be a "pregnant man". He adds: "Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am."

Born Tracy Lagondino, Mr Beatie kept his female organs when he changed genders. He turned to home insemination after what he says was discrimination from doctors. He says he is carrying a child on behalf of his wife, Nancy, because she has had a hysterectomy. The couple have been together for 10 years.

"Doctors have discriminated against us, turning us away due to their religious beliefs," Mr Beatie explained in the article.

"Healthcare professionals have refused to call me by a male pronoun or recognise Nancy as my wife. Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive; most of Nancy's family doesn't even know I'm transgender," he added. "Sterilisation is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights," he said. "Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire but a human desire."

The couple, who manage a custom screen-printing business in the town of Bend, lived a normal life "until we decided that I would carry our child," Mr Beatie wrote. A previous insemination ended in a life-threatening ectopic pregnancy with triplets, requiring surgery, resulting in the loss of all his embryos and his right fallopian tube.

"I will be my daughter's father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family," Mr Beatie wrote. Advocate says it has confirmed with Mr Beatie's doctors that he is indeed pregnant.

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
um yeah not a man having a baby a women who had a sex change having a baby because the female reproduction organs were left in tact. I true male (meaning born a male) has no female reproduction organs and can not become pregnant. I'm not saying that this person should not be considered a man, and I don't want to get into that debate, I'm just saying in terms of science and biology this is not a case of a pregnant man.

Goose

Random Guy #3
What is wrong with a transsexual having a baby? Nothing, that's what. People need to be a little more open minded.

Transsexuals are not crazy people or attention whores, they just feel like they were born with the wrong sex because of a natural/genetic hormonal 'imbalance' in most cases. I've read studies and articles about this in an anthropology class I took last year. Gender is a social construct. There's nothing that says people HAVE to be perfectly 'normal' males or females. That's just what society wants you to think!

What is wrong with a transsexual having a baby? Nothing, that's what. People need to be a little more open minded.

Transsexuals are not crazy people or attention whores, they just feel like they were born with the wrong sex because of a natural/genetic hormonal 'imbalance' in most cases. I've read studies and articles about this in an anthropology class I took last year. Gender is a social construct. There's nothing that says people HAVE to be perfectly 'normal' males or females. That's just what society wants you to think!
nicely written Goose, couldn't agree with you more

well,im not against them or anything but i do believe that having your gender changed is wrong.i dont support them and at the same time im not against them.if there happy,good for them. till that point its ok.a girl is finally happy to be a guy and can do whatever a guy can do and vice versa.but for this person its not enough,after a male sex change he wants to have a baby.whats wrong in adopting one?nothing.hes practically not a guy or a girl anymore.if you wanna change keep it in the realm of reality.just because technology and science is growing people to all sorts of unbelievable things. sheesh