Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh - Will they ever end?

Nori

Has anyone else noticed that these 2 anime's are still making new episodes. Can someone please explain why to me, cause I've failed to see these to anime as "good."

Yeah I noticed it to,and the thing is they going by the same plot and everything.They just making the same eps just with diffrent charaters.Kids dont really rember the eps they just watch pokemon they dont notice its the same thing going on.Jaden(from yugiho) just a another representive of yugi and ash...became a squrtal..I think pokemon should quit while they got the chance.Pokemon is a non popular anime.

And I think pokemon will end.Its kinda getting old and people not buying pokemon cards anymore.

Entombment

Yeah, Pok?mon needs to end... Honestly, it's been going for years. It's the exact thing in every episode, help someone, beat Team Rocket, happy ending.

Krahe

Full of bees
Pokemon has been going on for far too long, and is far too redundant. I suppose it's still has a good following in Japan, or it would have been cancelled a while ago. I know that Yu-Gi-Oh is still going strong in Japan, but I'm not a fan of the GX series. As far as I'm concerned, every episode is just a 30-minute card commercial. One of the reason's GX was made was most likely to introduce new cards to expand the game. Now, the reason for the making Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga series seems to be that people just can't let go of a good thing (I do like the R series, though).

reya

It's all about marketting. While we older anime watchers are getting tired of watching something that has been rehashed way too many times, there are younger generations that are just beginning and these animes can be considered "gateway" anime - in short introducing them to something they haven't seen before.

you can't really blame the creators. pokemon and yu-gi-oh are now cash cows. no matter how crappy something is, if you slap "official pokemon merchendise" you'll be bound to make some dough.
it's kinda like how the original teenage mutant ninja turtles ended up: they started good, but it became such just about making money.

thats too true they're making way too much money out of those crappy animjes
<_< :ph34r: :ph34r: pleease, someone, anyone, MAKE THEM STOP!! :p
i won't stand one more pokemon episode!!!
(oh alright i didnt5 watch them for ages but the fact alo9ne that it is still running is giving me the creeps :( )

well i have a frnd of mine that is STILL downloading all the pokemon episodes and he is tellin me that it seems endless 2 him but he never gives up .. well gotta say vry long animes kinda turn out boring after a while

<span style="font-family:Courier New">there were no such things as "Eien"(eternity) in this world...</span>
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet Ms">I'm sure the next 30years... the impact from pokemon yu-gi-oh will eventually gone (i think I'm still alive at that time :p )</span>

I think Pokemon is like over 500 or 700 episodes or something... They will probably keep making more episodes of Pokemon if people will keep buying the games, as for YuGiOh, people still play the card games and as long as people still play the card game they keep making the YuGiOh anime cos the anime kinda introduces [or advertises] more cards... I still sometimes play the cards but I don't watch the anime

I don't think they will stop. I mean, to us, the older anime viewers we're thinking 'Ok, this is TOTALLY stupid and needs to stop.' Well, I sold my Pokemon cards not too long ago (they were the original cards) and this kid was going crazy for them. So obviously the younger generation is getting into it even though Ash doesn't seem to be in it anymore. I wonder if he ever became a Pokemon master???

Well, Pok?mon is really a long Anime and I don't think it will end here in these years. I think it will end in 2010+ because it's made for little childrens you know. Personally I kind of "like" the serie, but it's boring when the same happenes in all. Some fights, Team Rocket, Happy ending. That is the most lame episode-type. But it's cool that there are many animals/Pok?mons and all. ^^

YuGiOh is just the most lame Anime I ever seen! o_O I dislike it a lot! Cards?! Well, that is my opinion. Some may like it. ^^

they will end one day!! surely. afterall, the popularity of pokemon is sliding even among the kids. i guess, they will stop watching they when they enter their teenage years(like me). and sooner or later, pokemon will becum a legend. same goes to YuGiOh.

Here's my take on this yes the will end because it's a small nitch market where soon kids will move on to the next big show like for instance Avatar seems to be getting a strong following now but also it will end as soon as kids realize all the episodes are the exact same "as long as you use teamwork and believe in yourself you can accomplish anything." But I mean lets look at a few things to back up my theory here Beany Babies made by Ty during the nineties everyone wanted them and in fact some people where killed for them but now even though they are still made almost no ones buys them anymore. Another example is well most music it seems like people will be making their stuff for a long time but it just gets worse and worse till no one comes to the concerts and the band breaks up and that ends it all. On the other hand I could be wrong since there are 2 examples which did the opposite "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Magic the Gathering" both of which have remained on top of the market for over 15 years a piece and have entire conventions devoted to them where people come from all over the world to be at in all there glory.
(also I can think of a few nostalgic people in my Chem class who still watch the show on occasion so that could slow its down fall)

Krahe

Full of bees
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim @ 12-6-2006 @ 9:57 PM) [snapback]1113[/snapback]</div>
Here's my take on this yes the will end because it's a small nitch market where soon kids will move on to the next big show like for instance Avatar seems to be getting a strong following now but also it will end as soon as kids realize all the episodes are the exact same "as long as you use teamwork and believe in yourself you can accomplish anything."[/b]
Well, I wouldn't call Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh small nitch. If new shows and products are still being made in Japan, then both are still very good money makers.

And I must strongly disagree with your opinion of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The episodes of that show are not 'the exact same.' The plot of Avatar follows a pre-planned, set, and continous story line, so each episode builds on the one before. Yes, Avatar will be ending soon. In fact, next season is scheduled to be it's last, as that's when the current story is set to end, although rumors of talks to create a fourth season have been circulating around the internet.

Also, even though Avatar airs on Nickelodeon, and is marketed towards kids, I would not dismiss it a kids' show, considering the fact that character death, brainwashing, false utopias, and having the hero of the show get zapped in the back with lightning on screen are not what I would consider elements of something I would call a kids' show. Plus, the voice actors for this show are top notch, especially when you consider the fact that Clancy Brown, Mark Hamill, and Jason Isaacs have provided voices for important characters on this show.[/rant]

Woo, sorry, but you woke up the fan girl in me. ^^