Pluto Not a Planet!?

Nori

What are you saying. Firstly! The sun isn't a planet, and never was. It's a big ass star, and always has been.

Hmm im not sure of your level of intelligance but hmm im going to say this nice...the sun is not a planet lol its a massive body of gas and matter...other wise known as a star lol or a SUPER NOVA wich is a category of star lol...well just thought ide let you know that.

Swiss

function Swiss()
Pluto, why you? noooooooooooooooooo!!!. Well I don't really talk or really care why all the planets are here that much, but Pluto is a planet, it already has a name so I say leave it alone. Scientists should debate on why they are so weird and trying to give meaning to everything. Scientists need a life.

Krahe

Full of bees
Having been given a name dosen't make something a planet. Some of the other dwarf planets have names, but they aren't considered full planets.

And what's up with the whole "Scientists need a life" thing? Scientists aren't weird; they're trying to furthur our knowledge and understanding of the world we all live in. That's why they "give meaning to everything."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ August 26, 2006, 4:07 AM) [snapback]21[/snapback]</div>
I honestly think that scientist should spend there time on things that are worth investigating, than debating over Pluto being a planet in our solar system.[/b]
^What he said. I'm sure there are loads more important things they could be doing.

Swiss

function Swiss()
lol, anyway back to our discussion about Pluto, I wait wait wait before I say anything what does the word Pluto mean, does it even has a meaning?

Leave that planet alone =(. Itt's rude to say dwarf just like that :p . Naah just kiddin, but why the sudden change. The planet is no different from what it was before. We can't even reach it and they are already givving it al kinda names and stuff as if they own it :p

@Swiss: Yeah that dog from the mickey mouse club remember? :p. Ok kidding again, buuut Pluto is the name of one of the Gods of the Romans. Look it up, pretty interesting stuff.

Entombment

Pluto's not a planet, if you deny then gtfo. Really though, it doesn't meet the qualifications to be a planet, therefore its not a planet. Simple as that

Nori

Who cares now honestly. Everyone who's alive now will see Pluto as a planet despite dumb scientific research saying that Pluto doesn't meet the qualifications of being a planet. Honestly, making dumb ass statements like this just seems to be a waste of money. Who honestly cares about Pluto. We can't reach the planet, which makes it absolutely unusable to us. Waste of money doing research on dumb stuff.....

Entombment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ July 8, 2007, 6:02 PM) [snapback]8404[/snapback]</div>
Who cares now honestly. Everyone who's alive now will see Pluto as a planet despite dumb scientific research saying that Pluto doesn't meet the qualifications of being a planet. Honestly, making dumb ass statements like this just seems to be a waste of money. Who honestly cares about Pluto. We can't reach the planet, which makes it absolutely unusable to us. Waste of money doing research on dumb stuff.....[/b]
Not even close to the other research that was done. So, at least it actually achieved something. They actually spent over $2 billion on a study to see if prayer works -_-

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ July 8, 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]8404[/snapback]</div>
Who cares now honestly. Everyone who's alive now will see Pluto as a planet despite dumb scientific research saying that Pluto doesn't meet the qualifications of being a planet. Honestly, making dumb ass statements like this just seems to be a waste of money. Who honestly cares about Pluto. We can't reach the planet, which makes it absolutely unusable to us. Waste of money doing research on dumb stuff.....[/b]
Lol that actually was my exact first thinking :p . Just cuz it's named a dwarf I'll just see it as a normal planet. Btw. how can it be that it took so long just to figure out if Pluto meets the qualifications to be an normal planet...

Swiss

function Swiss()
yea

Well who r we to say whether it's a real planet or not? All I know is God made the planets for a reason, they got names, he placed us on Earth, so we should be minding Earth's business, whatever goes on at Pluto or anything to do with Pluto, is Pluto's business. End of story.

Nori

Also, there's no place in the Bible where the other planets are spoken of, meaning God didn't name the planets either.