playback problems

I don't think I've had this problem in the past but playing video's that are 1280X720 recently on my system has the video stuttering, the machine gets loud like the fan is on...is there a reason for that...do I have too many things taking up memory or w/e...could that be the reason for the skipping/stuttering of video.

Now the first releases are like that, like with Soul Eater so I haven't been able to watch it yet unless i wait for an avi to come out, tried converting it to avi but that failed too for some reason :/

amanda

Try updateing your graphics card drivers and uninstall your codecs and reinstall them... use K-Lite. If that doesn't work then try go to run > msconfig and disable some problems that is running in the background that you dont need.

I can't remember and can't be bothered to go searching for the reason which could take hours so I'll just use my trusty video converter so it's at a size that runs smoothly :)

It's not old lol.

Too lazy *_*

The crappy thing about converting mkv or mp4 which hasn't been working is I convert it to avi which works perfect but it's like 1 gig O.O

Rei Ayanami

Pilot Evangelion Unit-00
I'm talking about current video Formats.

they have higher Codecs & Decodes..
Codecs are software-wise, it's purpose is the "translate" the video format so whatever app you're using can play the video.

Has nothing to do with GFX cards either. And even then, I've watched videos on a 64 MB card before and it didn't slowed down.

I don't think I've had this problem in the past but playing video's that are 1280X720 recently on my system has the video stuttering, the machine gets loud like the fan is on...is there a reason for that...do I have too many things taking up memory or w/e...could that be the reason for the skipping/stuttering of video.

Now the first releases are like that, like with Soul Eater so I haven't been able to watch it yet unless i wait for an avi to come out, tried converting it to avi but that failed too for some reason :/
Pretty much the only thing you need to worry about when playing 720p or larger videos is your CPU.

You should keep an eye on your CPU usage while playing these videos to see how much is being utilized.

Make sure you have a good setup such as CCCP + coreavc that would be recommended for all of your anime watching needs.

I wouldn't listen to these other people in regards to your video card as that has nothing to do with your issue.