Photographer's Booth

Calling all photographers! Come and discuss/chat about photography here!

And to get the ball rolling, here's a question: Do you folks tend to stick to composition rules when photographing (eg. rule of 2/3, diagonal rule), or do you just compose the picture in a way that looks nice?

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahah well for me, I just do look through my camera and make a picture when I think it looks great :) I do know some basics as having something in the front gives the picture more depth though, so I kinda automaticly make sure it has that depth. Oh and of course contrast ^^ But yeah, I'm just an amateur, I take pictures of what I like or think looks pretty ^^ I"m a bit affraid I'm the only photographer around though OTL Oh wait there should be one other person with a gallry 8D

Well, I do like to take photos now and then, but my camera sucks, and I don't get nice scenery where I live. I've taken some pretty cool shots before though. Maybe I'll post them up.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol that would be cool!! I probably only take pictures on vacation, or from my cats ehehe cats are great models ^^ Around my house are some things I can take a picture off (there is a small forest-like thingie and we have a lot of water surrounding our town and our town self has soem pretty historical buildings) but to get the right lightning I probably have to go out early in the morning fpr the forrest, and I'm just not a morning person. Besides I feel odd walking with my camera in my hand when I'm around my own house or town >.<" I also take pictures of friends and neighboors, which I think look pretty good, but for privacy reasons I don't post those on the web ^^"