Pet Peeves

Sanae

Staff member
We all have things that irk us right? Rather they be big or small. Feel free to post them here (try to explain why).

My major pet peeve (or at least one of them) is people who treat others poorly and then has a hissy-fit when others treat them poorly D=

I guess, hypocrites in away. Also leads into the whole, people who say one thing, but do another (in the way of bashing others).

One of my pet peeves are these blokes who think that things should be handed to them like food, cash and clothing and a place to live.

They refuse to realise that it takes hard work to get there wherever they want to go in life.

There are so many of them living on government rations and they don't even work for it while the average bloke has to work and pay taxes thereby paying for their means of living.

Bastards. If they can breathe and walk and talk on a daily basis, they should learn a skill and find a bloody job...sorry.:>.>:

Sanae

Staff member
Understandable ^^ Although, it's hard to say really because we don't know everyone's stories ^^ I'm sure there are those who do try to cheat the government, bu what about those who truly do have disabilities that hinder them? I do understand what you mean though. I have heard of instances where people are given assistance (food stamps for example). Instead of spending it on food for their families, they choose to spend it on beer and cigarettes T_T

Another pet peeve of mine is those who act all high and mighty over another. Lecturing them and expect the other to stay quite. Shutting them down before they can even get a word in.. Not because they're right, but because they don't want to give the toher person a chance to point out their flaws :\

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
My irk would be when someone just can't accept something.

IF its death or something really major is understandable but it is things that doesn't even matter if you lose it or gain it!!!

Sanae

Staff member
Did I ever mention how much it annoys me when people chew with their mouths open T_T? I mean, it's semi ok if they don't make the slobbery smacking noise, but.. Ewwwwwwwwww T_______T

Rascal

[quote name='InfiniteMonkey']One of my pet peeves are these blokes who think that things should be handed to them like food, cash and clothing and a place to live.

They refuse to realise that it takes hard work to get there wherever they want to go in life.

There are so many of them living on government rations and they don't even work for it while the average bloke has to work and pay taxes thereby paying for their means of living.

Bastards. If they can breathe and walk and talk on a daily basis, they should learn a skill and find a bloody job...sorry.:>.>:[/QUOTE]

a solution to this would be to provide the assistance.... in exchange for them being in school/apprenticed to learn a trade :cool2:

also... money shouldnt be given out ....it should be "specific" ... like u take it to the store and can ONLY use it for necessities... x.x not for junk food, liquors, cigs... etc...

Lately, the thing that has irked me the most is people judging your intelligence level without actually getting to know you. You can't tell me you're more intelligent without even having a proper discussion with me, thank you very much.

Of course, I have several other pet peeves, but considering that's the most prominent one at the moment, I can't really think of any others.

I'm constantly irked by people who don't show gratitude to others. I mean, the guy has worked hard to help you, and you don't even say thanks? That's crap.

I'm also irked by decisions made without full consent. If you're in a group and want to make a change, ask all the group members first. Don't think that you're so high and mighty that it's in your jurisdiction to freely change the rules.

I'm also irked by people with bad English, but not as much as the aforementioned two.

[quote name='Hadriel']

I'm also irked by people with bad English, but not as much as the aforementioned two.[/QUOTE]

I must agree with this. I try to tolerate misspellings and grammatical errors, but most of the time I end up correcting the person whom I am speaking to. (I will assume that people such as myself are also a source of pet peeves. Haha.)

Sanae

Staff member
Oh yes, the whole hierarchy is a bit annoying :\ It's like, come on now, get over yourself o_O Then, the person who is all about that gets mad when people do that to them >_>

Alyss

=Vampiress=
[quote name='Roronoa Zoro']people who act like they know it all but in reality their understanding is not up to par really piss me off[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah!

Then we usually get into arguments LOL XD

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
I don't like to repeat myself. I have a habit of snapping at some people in a few forums typically because I find myself having to repeat an entire set of arguments I already posted. Not only that but I tire of repeating myself in the real world as well. I've no problems explaining things to people but when I constantly have to discuss technical matters over and over and over again I tend to get a bit ticked off.

Cockroaches, and people who act like cockroaches. I want to splat on them with my combat boots and proceed to smash them with my mighty axe/slippers.. not the people who act like cockroaches, I just ignore them until they go/sprout their brown wings and fly away in the rain.

Sanae

Staff member
When people decides to go and take the shower right before I do T_T It's like, come on, I was eating and you could have gone while I was eating T___T

One of my biggest one is when people assume things right away when they only hear one negative information.
Then they assume things are bad when they really are not.

Also when one says they do research, when its really just a cursory look on Google that is not research.

Research take thousands of dollars and many man hours to do! LOL