Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
Panty & Stocking with Gaterbeltwell I figured I would make a topic about this. The 5th episode of this how just came outand I usually don't watch these types of shows that look "cartoony" as I put it.It has my sense of humor, lots of innuendos, but is definitely weird at times to say the leastbut over all I love this show, I would put it in my top ten favorite anime, it's epic *.* so tell me what you think, like or hate?

What the hell were the people at Gainax smoking when they came up for the concept for Panty & Stocking?Literally with a no-name cast and filled to the brim with sexual themes for each episode, many anime fans didn't expect anything from this show come the fall season.However, two things surprised me when the first episode rolled around: The animation style, and the sequencing of events.First, the animation resembled that of North American cartoons, which really made me connect with the show and put it as an equal to shows that I grew up watching (in regards to just the animation). And second, for a show smothered in sexual humor, the show actually does make sense. It has a stable plot and it works somehow.The show is good for a laugh when your not doing anything important. Otherwise, this show can be skipped.EDIT: MERGED.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
Re: Panty & Stocking with GaterbeltI honestly thought and felt the same thing. This "Americanized" style is something I stay away from. But after watching all of the first episode, CRYING from laughing so hard, and just fucking loving the innuendos and hugely sexual themes, I've grown to love this ecchi comedy. I've not been keeping up to date, though. I think I've only watched up to ep. 3Don't knock this show before you try to watch. It's one of those shows that will have you laughing pretty hard. A lot of the characters are memorable, one of my favorites so far is the "Speed Demon" as I call him at this moment.He's just so fucking insane, I love him! XD

amandaluvsya

Staff member
@ReD : yah it depends on your humor which innuendo is what make me laugh so i watch that showi think it's hilarious, but it really depends on what you likelol that animation i love, it's like powerpuff girls on crack@Zero : the ghost train guy? xD he's funny as hell, i fell off the bed i was laughing so hardWHA-? you haven't seen ep 4? o.0 You must! It's up on my thread, it's in mp4 thoughand i know how you feel about that but...i don't care! The Panda commands you to watch!

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
When I saw an image of the art style, I didn't even consider watching it. However after reading 3 consecutive positive comments on it I've decided that I'll give it a try. I'll post back here later with my impression.

What can I say about this show, its like the best stupid show ever. I don't know what else to say, but ep 5 really creeped me out. I mean the second half did. I don't want to say anything cause I am not sure who has seen it or not. but I hope that the next eps are as good as the other ones. and actually this anime, also reminds me of power puff girls on crack and steroids. but heck not many things can make me laugh till I cry, and this is one of them.

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
Heh, I agree with Red.Don't go expecting this show to be awesome, take it for what it is. One of those stupidly hilarious ecchi animes. However it DOES separate itself from the rest, Red making a very good point that it actually does somehow have a working plot.@mandaI love that guy XDAnd lol, what are you talking about? MP4 is one of the better qualities XDWhy do you think I didn't like it? XD

amandaluvsya

Staff member
@Levi : oh awesome Levi, i'm not sure if you will like it but it might make you laugh@Kira : It's because we are Panty & Stocking *.*i swear to god they modeled Panty after meyah i watched the 5th episode.............i don't know if i should be shocked by the episodeor shocked that we both watched it all the way througheither way.......................I can't wait for the next episode! XD@Zero : XD that guy is hilarious, he has given me the inspiration to drive faster on the roadlol it is? I thought you told me you didn't like it 0.o maybe i'm thinking of something else then...oh! you told me you liked avi or mkv better or something like that i think o_O lol i don't remembereither way, download it! but watch ep 4, there's sperm warriors XD

@manda: oh god I swear stocking is one of the characters I want to cosplay sometime, and for a certain reason. XD but you are right, I really don't know what to say, I mean part one was excellent, no problem with that, it got to part 2 and the way it was, it just confused me. but hey maybe the next eps will be good, who knows.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
lol part 1 was weird too woman...i got fucked...in the nose.... o_Oi have to say even though i'm incredibly pervy, that's one orgasm i would not want.part 2 was okay, like...i guess they were trying to show they could be serious 0.oat least they proved they can haha, but i wanted to punch the girl in the face for crying over the turtle

But manda, you say that now. XD watch you try it and you will love it. Hey at least I got to eat sweets again. XD But the girl crying over the turtle made me laugh for that part. what can I say, I got a weird sense of humor.

amandaluvsya

Staff member
lol you know even though i'm really pervy, i think i'll pass xPXD haha yes you do, it made me mad, i was like wtf o.0 suck it up betch!but that's cause i like turtles so yah >.>

amandaluvsya

Staff member
i know right, i love that part kira and i should do that when we cosplay!muhahaha kira, we're buying stripper poles when i get over there XDI so want to do that dance, plus, stripper poles are fun <3

[quote name='"amandaluvsya"]i know right' date=' i love that part kira and i should do that when we cosplay!muhahaha kira, we're buying stripper poles when i get over there XDI so want to do that dance, plus, stripper poles are fun <3[/quote']Well Kira just came back.I think yo might want to let her know what you've said.