Music Recommendations

Orgasm for the ear (MUST LISTEN)

The Weeknd is the alias of Abel Tesfaye an Ethiopian Canadian from the city of Toronto. He has released a free mixtape titled House of Ballons, you can download it off his site at: http://the-weeknd.com/.

Trust me, once you listen you'll thank me for exposing you to him.

Here are some songs off the album:

[Youtube]WVg1mbxTkFo[/Youtube]

[Youtube]o9PuAm7d0PA[/Youtube]

[Youtube]sX9DgavXiN4[/Youtube]

Your welcome.

o this is where my post was moved to. ok well i gotta bump this. did anyone give it a listen ^

also i dont understand why my thread was merged with this? my post deserves its own thread..

forum Nazis :/

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Double posting is not good... :(

Anyways, I'm sure many of us feel the same way, but if we all had our own thread of music recommendations, it becomes a bit of a problem doesn't it? And chances are, people are more likely to check out the big, official music recommendation thread than a one-time recommendation thread. So eh, no hard feelings, but what has to be done has to be done, right?

Also, I haven't got around to hearing it yet cos the internet's bloodyslow here. I'll give it a go and tell you what I think

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
o this is where my post was moved to. ok well i gotta bump this. did anyone give it a listen ^
I hate pop music, and I hate everything that tries to emulate it.

I thought that going to be some awesome trip-hop downtempo acid-jazz. But no, I was wrong -- I was actually happy to hear the first video, the howling noise in the background and then... boom! And comes the vocal. Well, this is subjective and opinionated, but I don't like the vocals -- it's trying so hard to emulate those pop-musicians, and not to mention the cliched lyrics, it wasn't good. It is good if you like those kind of music, though.

The second video has a nice instrumentation, and a beautiful texture. But then again, I didn't like the singing, and the cliched topics it played. Anyway, I like the fact that he is not that quite popular, yet.

Both of them stops quarter-way, because I have shitty interntet. Well, that's my opinion about this group, and you heard it.

also i dont understand why my thread was merged with this? my post deserves its own thread...
Because music recommendations and single artist introduction are better posted here.