Moe Otaku? G2Anime?

abarnes

Staff member
Well, some of you may have heard of the site, Moe Otaku. The owner Sho has shipped off for basic training(Army) and in his absence I will be handling his website.

I encourage the remaining G2 fans to visit the site for their DDL needs, we are working on a Live Action section for you JDrama, KDrama, etc.. fans.

- Abarnes

Link: Moe Otaku! News

Heh, I'm the admin and I'm not even sure where this post should go xD

Anyways, this post is to inform everyone about my current situation (sounds wrong). By this, I'm getting at the fact that I'll be leaving for Basic Training on Dec 30, which is only a matter of days from now.

Okay, so since I don't know how to go about writing this, I'll just throw together a list of sorts xD

* On January 09, 2009 I will start Basic Training in Leonard Wood, Missouri.
* On March 23rd I'll begin Advanced Individual Training in Huachuca, Arizona.
* On July 20th I'll begin BAT in Benning, Georgia.

So to get to the point...

I won't have access to a computer, so obviously no internet, therefore obviously no access to this site (or any of my other sites).
Without access to a computer I also have no access to paypal, nor access to softlayer (our host), meaning I ultimately cannot cover funding for this site (or any of my other sites).

So... I have brought on some new staff to take care of these issues,

Nitefreak (of SiMPGFX), [G2]Abarnes (of g2anime), and Triet (of Mastelaro) will be handling our financial matters.
In concerns to IRC matters, Allied, Kaizoku, Xarda, TheDeath, rofflwaffls and Lefty will be your Network Operators.

I hope to get access to a computer sometime mid February, after all the "bs" (first couple of weeks of Basic) have gone by... however, I can't assure that I'll ever have access to a computer, so I'm hoping that you all, the community, can somehow go about keeping this site alive for at least 3 months. Once I'm out of basic I will take full responsibility for server funding and will most likely at that time remove such "donation" requests.

One way to keep this site alive without sending us your own pocket change is to go around clicking ads occasionally (this isn't something ad agencies like us publishers saying, so instead I'll offer a better alternative)...

Simply visiting this site (and other sites that are managed by "SMdot") on a daily, or semi-daily, basis helps to get our site better statistics... also, posting throughout the site in different discussions helps to get the site better statistics.... better statistics results in more activity which ultimately results in more ad revenue

I'm going to be shutting off my computer in a few hours from now, so again I just want to wish all of you a wonderful holiday, and hopefully (seriously hoping) the site is still intact once I'm finished all my training

Last edited by a moderator:

abarnes

Staff member
I want to run both at the same time, I just have to get the hang of running Moe Otaku before I can work on G2. Have to make sure shit's smooth over there.

man i was wondering when someone would work on this site again, kinda liked it when everything worked, came in and out of the site from time to time to check if it is comming back on, but nothing ever changed..... for a long time......