Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Serph

I am The Light
Development

Initially, Hideo Kojima announced that he would be retiring as director of the Metal Gear series after Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and would leave his position open to another person for Metal Gear Solid 4, as he had announced he would after Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.[citation needed] As a joke, the new director was announced as "Alan Smithee", but in R, a 400-page book bundled with Metal Gear Solid 3's Japanese "Premium Package", the director was revealed to be Shuyo Murata, co-writer of MGS3 and director of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. He has also contributed humorous easter eggs to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear: Ghost Babel. However, it was announced that Kojima will be co-directing the game with Murata after substantial negative fan reaction, including death threats.[2]

The title has been described as "essentially finished" since January 2008, and is currently entering extensive beta testing.[3]

Plot

Set in 2014, five years after the "Manhattan Incident" (the events of the Plant chapter from Metal Gear Solid 2), Metal Gear Solid 4 portrays a world where the restriction of military intervention on foreign soil has been eased, fueling the need for private military companies (PMCs) to fight proxy wars for business purposes. Nanotechnology has become prominent, both to enhance the capabilities and enforce the loyalty of mercenaries. The five largest of these PMCs are owned by a single mother company named Outer Haven, which is operated by Liquid Ocelot. Amassing an army whose manpower rivals that of the United States, Liquid prepares to launch an armed insurrection. With the world once again in crisis, a rapidly aging and disillusioned Solid Snake is deployed into the Middle East by Roy Campbell to terminate Liquid. Guns of the Patriots will take place in five locations throughout the world, including the Middle East, South America and Eastern Europe. [4]

Stage6 · TotalPlayStation · Metal Gear Solid 4 - E3 2007 Trailer - Video and Download

You guys going to get this game

This game looks great and I've always liked the metal gear series, the stories behind them are always awesome. Shame I don't have a PS3 at the minute.

Kenzou

pink spider
Definitely going to get this. I've played the first 2 and of course Snake Eater. Kojima said this is the conclusion, so its a must get for me.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
wow, the metal gear series has been around for a while. this is looking to be a good game. but man, snake is getting old though he hasnt lost his awesomeness just yet.

Serph

I am The Light
wow, the metal gear series has been around for a while. this is looking to be a good game. but man, snake is getting old though he hasnt lost his awesomeness just yet.
He is a clone and i forgot what they said about that am pretty sure not the whole game your going to play as the old snake

Kenzou

pink spider
Solid Snake(Main character of Metal Gear Solid) is a clone of Naked Snake/Big Boss(the main character in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater). Because he is a clone, Solid Snake ages rapidly due to the side effects. Solid Snake is the main character in MGS4.

Tengu

惣流・アスカ・ラングレー
Hehe I renember playing Metal Gear for the PC, It was a MS-DOS program back then :p 1990 I think.

Of course I'm getting this!

My favorite series ever, gameplay here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwiLnvKj26o

Straight out of Sony's official PlayStation blog and confirming the advertisment we posted earlier, MGS4 is now officially slated for standalone and bundled release on June 12th. The bundle package (which is slated at $499) includes the following:

- An 80 Gigabyte PLAYSTATION 3 console.
- A copy of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
- The new DUALSHOCK 3 controller.

As an added bonus, anyone who pre-orders MGS4 will be given access to an early beta of Metal Gear Online, due to begin in April.
Can not wait!!!