Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, and darkness resides in Pluto

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
On topic:

We went over this several times.. just because the word dragons exist in the dictionary is not a qualification that its real life application is any more real than fiction.

You haven't gone over a damn thing to my satisfaction! I read that humorous discourse and it accomplished nothing. I'll make this simple.

1) Selflessness can be observed in humans.
A. Ghandi, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa

2) Selfless love can be observed in humans.
A. Usually between "happily" married couples
B. Usually between parents and children where there is a healthy relationship

Anyone who comes from a "healthy" background can contradict your ridiculous argument just by sharing the observations of their parents. People who come from f#cked up households, well, they're not really applicable are they?

Core

Fascinating...
You haven't gone over a damn thing to my satisfaction! I read that humorous discourse and it accomplished nothing. I'll make this simple.

Anyone who comes from a "healthy" background can contradict your ridiculous argument just by sharing the observations of their parents. People who come from f#cked up households, well, they're not really applicable are they?

Ghandi wore diapers. Malcolm X wore a suit. Martin Luther King breathed alot of air. Mother Theresa stripped an entire countryside of linen to drape herself.

By definition these people are all selfish. Simply for breathing air and taking up space.

There is no such thing as happily married otherwise you would not have put it in quotations.
There is no such thing as a healthy relationship between parents and children.
Ask psychologists. There is always something.

Zero Phoenix

Ghandi wore diapers. Malcolm X wore a suit. Martin Luther King breathed alot of air. Mother Theresa stripped an entire countryside of linen to drape herself.

By definition these people are all selfish. Simply for breathing air and taking up space.

There is no such thing as happily married otherwise you would not have put it in quotations.
There is no such thing as a healthy relationship between parents and children.
Ask psychologists. There is always something.

Are you fucking retarded? So Ghandi wore a diaper so he must be selfish. Malcolm X wore a suit so he must be selfish. MLK could breathe so he had to be selfish right? And because Mother Theresa didn't want to rock the Ghandi look she had to be selfish too right.

I put happily married in quotations because I am citing couples that are happily married and not couples who are with each other for the sake of convenience.

There isn't a healthy relationship between you or your parents but thank god the rest of the world isn't as fucked up as you.

I'm asking you n!gga. Since you claim to know so much and obviously know so little, I'm asking you to back up that baseless shit you said in your previous post.

Core

Fascinating...
Are you fucking retarded? So Ghandi wore a diaper so he must be selfish. Malcolm X wore a suit so he must be selfish. MLK could breathe so he had to be selfish right? And because Mother Theresa didn't want to rock the Ghandi look she had to be selfish too right.

I put happily married in quotations because I am citing couples that are happily married and not couples who are with each other for the sake of convenience.

There isn't a healthy relationship between you or your parents but thank god the rest of the world isn't as fucked up as you.

I'm asking you n!gga. Since you claim to know so much and obviously know so little, I'm asking you to back up that baseless shit you said in your previous post.

Once again.. lookup the definition of selfishness and selflessness...

To exist is a selfish act.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/selfless

Zero Phoenix

Once again.. lookup the definition of selfishness and selflessness...

To exist is a selfish act.

Definition of SELFISH

: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others

: arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

: being an actively replicating repetitive sequence of nucleic acid that serves no known function <selfish DNA>; also : being genetic material solely concerned with its own replication <selfish genes>

Definition of SELFLESS

: having no concern for self : unselfish

Parents will often forego eating if it means their child can eat. That is selflessness.

If a husband gets a job offer and the family has to move, the wife will typically be complacent and selflessly sacrifice her own comfort for the good of the family.

You cannot, with sound logic assume that the very act of breathing implies that someone is selfish nor can you assert that historical figures (MLK, Malcolm X, Ghandi, etcetera) who sacrificed everything in plain view of us observers are selfish.

Nigga you need college.

Core

Fascinating...
Definition of SELFISH

: arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others <a selfish act>

You prolly thought it was arbitrary so you glanced over this definition. Because you realize OR means mutually exclusive right?

It says nothing in this definition about others. Simply about yourself does it not?

This probably means that you breathe from concern with your own welfare dont you?

Voila: Existing is Selfish.

Its not your fault. In the US they dont teach you how to read.

Anyone who fights for a cause or belief in itself makes them selfish. You doing these action or the self-interest of seeing your cause or belief win. The picture in your head , you want it to become real no matter what you have to do to gain the advantage over the other person.. Like Hitlers ideals of a perfect race.

Just because you chose examples of people who chose non-violence as the ends to the means of their goal doesn't change the self-interest for their gaol. The fist isn't the only way to show your intent on destroying another belief.
@Zero Phoenix

Zero Phoenix

Anyone who fights for a cause or belief in itself makes them selfish. You doing these action or the self-interest of seeing your cause or belief win. The picture in your head , you want it to become real no matter what you have to do to gain the advantage over the other person.. Like Hitlers ideals of a perfect race.

Just because you chose examples of people who chose non-violence as the ends to the means of their goal doesn't change the self-interest for their gaol. The fist isn't the only way to show your intent on destroying another belief.
@Zero Phoenix

I'd expect this nihilism from Core but not from you prince.

Trust me I rather not be on his side either but Im a firm believer that no pure selfless dead exists.

Whats the difference between wanting to get beat up to prove a point or wanting all the money in the tip jar.

In classic society would would normally say chose to face his fears and put himself in harms way for something greater then himself . while the other guy just wanted the tips nothing more. But that would wrong. He WANTED to get beat up..so it was in his self-interest to do this "selfless" act. Every act we choose to do is in our self-interest in some way...and some even acts we unconsciously do are the same.

But sadly we define a selfless act by choosing do do something...so because its never not in our self-interest ...I say selflessness doesn't exist.

@Zero Phoenix

Zero Phoenix

Trust me I rather not be on his side either but Im a firm believer that no pure selfless dead exists.

Whats the difference between wanting to get beat up to prove a point or wanting all the money in the tip jar.

In classic society would would normally say chose to face his fears and put himself in harms way for something greater then himself . while the other guy just wanted the tips nothing more. But that would wrong. He WANTED to get beat up..so it was in his self-interest to do this "selfless" act. Every act we choose to do is in our self-interest in some way...and some even acts we unconsciously do are the same.

But sadly we define a selfless act by choosing do do something...so because its never not in our self-interest ...I say selflessness doesn't exist.

@Zero Phoenix

What nauseates me is that you and core believe that your own, well, solutions apply to everyone. It does not. Selfish people wouldn't know what an act of selflessness is so in essence, neither of you are astute enough to contribute to this discussion.

What good is discussing this matter or any if everyone is one-sided?

What nauseates me is that you and core believe that your own, well, solutions apply to everyone. It does not. Selfish people wouldn't know what an act of selflessness is so in essence, neither of you are astute enough to contribute to this discussion.

What good is discussing this matter or any if everyone is one-sided?
Isn't that would a belief is. Its is an idea that you judged as real and applies to everything. But you can name so situations if you want and Ill see what i come up with.

Only ignorant selfish people don't know what selflessness means. Im perfect educated what it means , I just don't think it exist.

Tell then what makes you so qualifies to contribute to this conversation?

Maybe its one-sided because your throwing ad hominems at me instead of actually discussing the topic.

[MENTION=170]Zero Phoenix[/MENTION]

Core

Fascinating...
^_^

I fully understand the definitions of both words. Thats why you cant win this point Zero.

I am simply showing you what it -literally- says. What I actually believe has 0 to do with this :)

Zero Phoenix

Isn't that would a belief is. Its is an idea that you judged as real and applies to everything. But you can name so situations if you want and Ill see what i come up with.

Only ignorant selfish people don't know what selflessness means. Im perfect educated what it means , I just don't think it exist.

Tell then what makes you so qualifies to contribute to this conversation?

Maybe its one-sided because your throwing ad hominems at me instead of actually discussing the topic.

@Zero Phoenix
Since you asked so nicely Prince, I'll make this quick. No matter the case I make it my mission to always do what is right, good, and noble, even if it bites me in the ass and yes it always does. I know even before I act each and every reaction that will come as a result of that. Unlike you, I know everything. Even so, I still do what is altruistic.

Self-gain? No. I never gain anything. Bragging rights? Who do I need to brag to? You? Absurd. Fact is you asked me a question and I merely answered it. You might find that the man behind ZERO PHOENIX has written many articles but as to how many are written about me specifically there are only a few. I do what I do not to be seen, not so people like you can admire me because that would only be depressing. I do what I do simply because it's the right thing to do.

You asked me what qualifies me to contribute to this discussion. I answered your question. So please, do not presume that I'm doing this to brag to you. You Prince, ain't shit. You and Core may live out selfish lives and that's no one's fault but your own. However, you cannot limit me simply because you cannot do what you're supposed to do, i.e., live selflessly. If either of you were on your J-O-B we wouldn't be having this discussion. You would do as I do and as such we would not differ in our opinion on this matter.

I can't believe this is the best the lion's den has got.

NEXT!

Since you asked so nicely Prince, I'll make this quick. No matter the case I make it my mission to always do what is right, good, and noble, even if it bites me in the ass and yes it always does. I know even before I act each and every reaction that will come as a result of that. I know everything. Even so, I still do what is altruistic.
Exactly. Before even acting you know yourself what you want to happen. That is your goal and you will do whatever it take to make it happen.

Self-gain? No. I never gain anything. Bragging rights? Who do I need to brag to? Fact is you asked me a question and I merely answered it. You might find that the man behind ZERO PHOENIX has written many articles but as to how many are written about me specifically there are only a few. I do what I do not to be seen, not so people like you can admire me because that would only be depressing. I do what I do simply because it's the right thing to do.
Yes you do , you gain what you wanted. You got your way and that is self-interest. And you will defend that doing the right thing because it is a belief you already accepted and you wont let anyone else change that. Every time you do a deed you get what you want. This belief you have already accepted to be right , you will attempt to destroy any belief that brings danger to your belief even if its just destroying it in your own mind.All to get your way.

You asked me what qualifies me to contribute to this discussion. I answered your question. So please, do not presume that I'm doing this to brag to you. You Prince, ain't shit. You and Core may live out selfish lives and that's no one's fault but your own. However, you cannot limit me simply because you cannot do what you're supposed to do, i.e., live selflessly. If either of you were on your J-O-B we wouldn't be having this discussion. You would do as I do and as such we would not differ in our opinion on this matter.
So Im suppose to live selflessly? And you assume I incredible selfish when by exact words were " No act is PURELY selfless. So that makes me the scum of the universe so to speak in your eyes. You assumptions certainly amaze me...especially the part were you amusingly call your belief right and mine so wrong Im blinded from this"truth" of what selflessness is.

I don't have to limit you , you do it yourself when you write a post and make half of it just a mix between ad hominems and story telling with no real contribution..

I can't believe this is the best the lion's den has got.
You don't know the half of it. The lion always has a few tricks up his sleeve.

@Zero Phoenix

Core

Fascinating...
[MENTION=1268]The Prince[/MENTION] I know this sounds completely unlikely but I do not have a feud with him. Never did and never will.

If it was anyone else.. like lexus or even yourself that completely ignored all reason and just argued for the sake of arguing(trolling) that is something I will comment on.

Zero Phoenix

Exactly. Before even acting you know yourself what you want to happen. That is your goal and you will do whatever it take to make it happen.
Wow. You're bad at this aren't you? Suppose there is a woman friend I am in love with. Suppose she is having issues with her current boyfriend. Now, me being the suave guy I am I could easily make my move yes. However, given her feelings for the gentleman and his feelings for her, it would not be wise for me to separate them for my own self-gain. You and Core would do some dirty shit like that but not ZERO PHOENIX. Despite the fact that I would like to be with the woman in question, it is proper for her to stay with the one she is with and the couple should work through their problems. If I give her words of encouragement, impress upon her to stay with her current lover, it will help her but harm me in kind. Still, I do what must be done. Or perhaps I should say did because this is all past tense. I’m just that kind of guy. I will always do the right thing even if it causes harm to me, even when I do want to do the right thing. I’m not bragging it’s just how I operate. The fact that you interpret this as bragging only means something is wrong with you. When I say I already know what will come, when I say I know events before they occur, what I mean is that I already know that bad things will happen to me on account of doing good things for others. Even so, I do what needs to be done.

Yes you do , you gain what you wanted. You got your way and that is self-interest. And you will defend that doing the right thing because it is a belief you already accepted and you wont let anyone else change that. Every time you do a deed you get what you want. This belief you have already accepted to be right , you will attempt to destroy any belief that brings danger to your belief even if its just destroying it in your own mind.All to get your way.
Yeah, you're pretty bad at this. Review the above.

So Im suppose to live selflessly? And you assume I incredible selfish when by exact words were " No act is PURELY selfless. So that makes me the scum of the universe so to speak in your eyes. You assumptions certainly amaze me...especially the part were you amusingly call your belief right and mine so wrong Im blinded from this"truth" of what selflessness is.
I'm only asking you to live like you're something more than an animal. I'm asking you to live in a manner that Aristotle wanted you to live as. I'm asking you to do what Jesus what do. I'm asking you to follow in the footsteps of Ghandi. Don't bitch to me because you drop morals as soon as the world gets real. If you can't be more than a beast then you need to bow down and act like one.

I don't have to limit you , you do it yourself when you write a post and make half of it just a mix between ad hominems and story telling with no real contribution..
If my ad hominem is a problem maybe you should pay attention. I repeat myself because you are of slow wit Prince. Kaze and Getsu never seem to have any problems debating with me, and Yasiru and I never miss a beat.

@Core

Lets see Zero might have a comeback

And Please don't pull me into your feud with each other.

Never too late to take the high road is it Prince?

@The Prince I know this sounds completely unlikely but I do not have a feud with him. Never did and never will.

If it was anyone else.. like lexus or even yourself that completely ignored all reason and just argued for the sake of arguing(trolling) that is something I will comment on.

Core, all you do is feud with me. You should be grateful for my attention. All the power players know you're, well an insect. This feud is the only reason people think you're actually about something.