How do u shut ur parents up saying anime is for children

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Stop watching crappy moe filled anime and watch something else with a real plot that also has characters with realistic proportions. Also having rape, gore and debauchery helps a lot.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
You could also suck it up, keep your head in the books, graduate, go to college, get a job, move out, and contribute to the American economy, but pfffffffttt like that'll happen right? :hohoho:

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
You could also suck it up, keep your head in the books, graduate, go to college, get a job, move out, and contribute to the American economy, but pfffffffttt like that'll happen right? :hohoho:
I was going to give you a high five until I read the second line. I kid. But to be serious that's the best course of action. Don't solve your anime woes with anime. Do something that shows you're independent and mature.

Sanae

Staff member
Stop watching crappy moe filled anime and watch something else with a real plot that also has characters with realistic proportions. Also having rape, gore and debauchery helps a lot.
Aww, not all moe stuff is plotless :p

Agreed with the realistic stuff though.. I still say show them Elfen Lied and see what the reaction is xD.. If they can get passed the first nudey parts xD People seem to stop watching that, because they think that's what the anime is about u_u

You never shut them up about it... I've tried countless times... they say I will grow out of it... YA RIGHT, Im 20 and still watch it...

The best thing you can do is ignore them... continue on your otaku ways and eventually it wont bother you

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
You ever wonder if the Japanese act the same way about American cartoons?

In horrible stereotypical Japanese accents...

Parent: All you do is watch anime garbage!

Teen: It not ANIME! It called cartoons!

I ask them "When's the last time there was a Law and Order episode that you've watched that doesn't have the exact same plot as the one before it?"

Then I start quoting the philosphy of Ghost in the shell, like the ship of Thessius thought experiment

If that doesn't do the trick, Claymore and Berserk show them the nihilistic underbelly of anime xD

In all my times on forums like this particular one, I have only came across 2 child members.

But if you need my advisement I just remind them that I debate serous issues on these forums so I am certainly not doing a child's activity.

Rascal

In all my times on forums like this particular one, I have only came across 2 child members.

But if you need my advisement I just remind them that I debate serous issues on these forums so I am certainly not doing a child's activity.
uh u are gullible ... so many kids on these sites XD unless u dont mean <18