HELP? Music on profiles!

Xiga

Okay, Since I am kind of new here, I had no idea thatmusic was enabledon users profiles... Is there any way I can block that out? Like something i couldcheck in to disable music on this site?

The reason for this is that I suffer from Lygrophobia; Extreme fear of High/Loud sudden noises... And I just resently bumped into one of those High/loud sudden intros on a site. None the less; it scared me to tears.
I know i could just mute my sound, but I'm just asking in case.

This maybe isnt the right thread for this either..

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
I might turn off the auto play, but that would kinda kill the point of those. I'm not sure, it might be possible to make a custom option in the user cp via templates to disable it, but I'd need [MENTION=199]Canabary[/MENTION] for that, since it's too much coding for little ol'me. Until it's not changed, I'd suggest you'd do the same thing I do - browse with speakers turned off or insta-pause the music player whenever you load a profile.

Xiga

I will do that... Though i want to listen to other music as well, so please inform me when and if you find a solution for this, please?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
You don't want it enabled but want to listen to other's music as well? Ok... just instant pause it maybe? I will later ask Cana to look into making an auto play option.

Xiga

What i mean is; I want to be able to have youtube up in a tab, listen to that music, while browsing profiles... o.o But for now, I will try to autopaus/avoid profiles ^^' If it's too much work, don't worry about it. I can manage.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
If you are using Opera:

Right click anywhere on the page, and click on "Block Content"

Next, when everything looks like highlighted, click on the Green bar for the music player(you should see a red bar with "Block" on it on the green player bar), and then click done.

And there you go.

Canabary

Administrator
You don't want it enabled but want to listen to other's music as well? Ok... just instant pause it maybe? I will later ask Cana to look into making an auto play option.
Disable auto play for now and I'll see about making a system to stop profile music autoplaying if you have it specified in your profile later next week, I'm more or less swamped with other things until thursday two weeks from now though.