Hacktool.rootkit

i keep getting this hacktool.rootkit and my NV2007 block it...
But it keep coming back... anyone encounter this....??
It after i visited some china website...
Any work around for this...???

Swiss

function Swiss()
If it is Norton can't help you. However I would recommend NOD32 it's a wonderful antivirus that wouldn't give you those problems

Nori

Eh, Norton Antivirus is actually really good. Gets rid of every virus it catches on my computer...I rarely get virus'. You should probably do a full system scan.

Nori

Yea, most good virus scanners use a lot of resources because it deep scans your computer. And I have an old Dell (one of my computers) with on 256 RAM and while the scan is going the computer is still fast. Honestly, I think Nortons uses up less resources than the new AIM lol.

n1to

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ber @ June 18, 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]7629[/snapback]</div>
i keep getting this hacktool.rootkit and my NV2007 block it...
But it keep coming back... anyone encounter this....??
It after i visited some china website...
Any work around for this...???[/b]
OK, my friends, I am a newbee here. So don't get yourself workup if I happen to upset by accident. The first thing you need to do is go to Google and find the program called "RemoveIT Pro ST2", installed, and update it. After that, disconnect yourself from any network, and logon to safemode, disable your user AV, and run a full scan with RemoveIT Pro. You should be able to clean most of it. Remember, what you have gotten here is "ROOTKIT"! It's hidden, and too many of the damn retail AV can't do squad about this. However, I do know that they are beta testing. Thus if RemoveIT can't do it, then try the beta tests.

Good luck! :smile:

O how wonderful i think Norton is only downside is that it hogs alot of memory just trying to scan. Especially when its running and i go AFK for 30 mins and the screen saver is on.. O man talk about laggy for a couple of minutes.

Entombment

Norton is fail. It improperly scans, uses too much memory for nothing. Basically its a C+ coded piece of crap xD

For once in his life, Swiss was right. NOD32 is win