Global Warming

Note: I am not a scientist, nor have I done any climate studies of my own, I am simply re-stating various arguments I have come upon.

While global warming may (or may not) be occurring, the current evidence comes nowhere close to supporting the idea.

Water vapor makes up around 70% of the greenhouse effect, not including clouds. Figures taking clouds into account place the effect of water vapor between 90% and 95% of greenhouse gasses. Humans cause between 0.001% to 0% of water vapor.

Factoring in water vapor, man-made C02 contributions make up 0.117% of the total greenhouse effect, and taking into account all measured greenhouse gasses the humans contribute only 0.28% to the greenhouse effect.

In fact, we're not even sure the global temperature is increasing. The first 3/4 of the temperature chart most commonly used by global warming scientists was estimated by arctic ice-core samples. After that, temperatures were taken by weather-balloon readings. Weather balloon readings did not support warming (they showed cooling in the southern hemisphere), so global warming scientists found a new method. The measurements in the final portion of the chart were taken at weather stations that are notorious for poor placement and below-code construction.

My point is that global warming skepticism arguments place reasonable doubt upon nearly every step of the process, and seem to have just as much merit as arguments supporting global warming.
98% of statistics are false. Sorry had to put it up.

What I think is better being safe then sorry right? Besides, taking the bike to school/Walking to work is a lot more healthier right?

Anyway Labour has brought in recycle bags and stuff to help the planet, and given adive on how the save your bills and so forth to help the planet.

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master

What I think is better being safe then sorry right? Besides, taking the bike to school/Walking to work is a lot more healthier right?
Yes, walking and/or taking a bike is healthier and better for the environment, but when you live in a place where you can't get anywhere without a car... Well that is a large problem with trying to help the environment.

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
Yeah, I guess, but in some places they don't have buses. D: Well, I have my dad drive me to school on his way to work so something like that works too.

Fatty150

Panties Enthusiast
98% of statistics are false.
If 98% of statistics are false, does that not also apply to statistics showing warming trends?

I'm not a die-hard supporter of anything, including the theory that there is no global warming. I simply think it may be smart to look at both or all sides of the story before making up your mind or asking the government to take action (something they would much love, as it would give them more power).

Try googling for more information, or start at www.skepticism.net

Don't take statements from either side of the table as fact.

...I was being sarcastic. I did say, sorry had to say it right? XD

And I have looked at both sides of the story, i'm just repeating what I already said. 'It's better to be safe than sorry.'

well according to the seminar I attended about this topic it's all about the green house gasses like CO2, NO2 etc. but we still have time to correct our doings.

Serph

I am The Light

Anyway Labour has brought in recycle bags and stuff to help the planet, and given adive on how the save your bills and so forth to help the planet.
you are true

Well gobal warming sure is there.
but hope the rate of increase in temp can b decreased if corrective methods are adopted soon enough.
Prevention is better than Cure..:)

It's common sense that Humans should look after the planet they live on, and not just for themselves but for future generations and not just Humans but all forms of life here on Earth because I along with all decent people believe it's the right thing to do and I'm very confident that before it's too late we will be able to find a solution to the problem through technology + education or whatever...

earth goes though a warming period every few thousand years. besides i think with statistics you can make them say just about anything you want by leaving out other data.

so i dont think its real, atleast, we as humans dont have enough effect on our total enviroment.