Ghost stories

Ok .. i guess i must share this.. this took place in my house.. Actually many things happened in my house thouh this one was most shocking for me.. ones i was the only person awake at night around 2:30 or so..

Actually i was watching a movie.. while watching i had to visit the toilet ..after i done by business there ..i came out to wash my hands...while i was washing them .. something fell in the kitchen.. and it was loud noise.. i thought soemone in my family came out to drink water or something.. well when i looked i found no one..and i went to see if some was near by or any change .. well at that point nothing really happen to me until in the morning when i asked everyone in the house and the all replied they never came out gagve me goosebumps ^____^..coz a glass fell from the table on it's on.

[quote name='Hadriel']

Oh yeah, what are your opinions on aggressive ghosts? I really don't think there are such things as aggressive ghosts.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Poltergeist type ? Which loves mischievous things to the extreme ?

There are also type of ghost: the lost soul. Usually from people who are killed mercilessly or injustice something. It depend though, some just trying to contact the living for justice, the others just kill human just to satisfy their endless rage. Another common theme for ghost movies.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Myaing (copy pasted from MF - my personal experience in Burma).

I was once made a living of myself as a truck driver, delivering goods from Mandalay to Yangon. Normally, the journey would be done during night time so that heavy traffic near urban areas will not affect my tight schedule. The road that I took is quite long and winding, around 40% of the time spent on it will be used to pass through the periphery of the thick Bago Yoma forest. Several villages exist on the sideline of this forest and it's not a rare occasion when you see a villager or two on the roadside signaling you their wishes to hitchhike, either to the next village or all the way to the capital city.

That night, my sidekick was sick and I was left alone to drive the truck by myself. It was raining and the road is almost pitch black if it is not for the lights of my truck's front lamps. The weather is cold, but I have my thick army jacket shielding me from the incessant chill.

Then around midnight, I saw a figure standing on the side of the road in front of me, making hitchhiking signals. I stopped the truck and open the passenger door, it turns out that the figure is a young girl, around 16 or 17 years old.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Myochaung" she said, referring to a village not very far away from our current location.

I nodded and allow her to hitchhike.

She sit quietly with her face staring down at her thighs. She didn't utter any words, but it is very obvious that she is freezing from the cold. Seeing her situation, I took off my jacket and gave it to her. She was reluctant at first but then accepted it after I told her that I will take it back again in a couple days when I travel back to Mandalay.

As we drove through the road, perverted feeling started to fill my mind and the more I look at her the more stronger the feeling become. What is she doing here, on the middle of the road in the middle of the night? I glance at her body, not bad, typical of village's young girl. Because she is wearing a nightgown, I can see her pale white skin, probably due to her standing in the rain for too long. Could it be that she is a prostitute? But it is unclear from the way she dress. She looks more like a clueless teen running away from her parent's house in the middle of the night. However, there's lots of child prostitutes nowadays, especially during this time of economic difficulties, so there is a good chance that she is one of them also. I could not hold my carnal desire anymore and are about to ask her whether she is a prostitute or not, that is until I see her face.

When I see her sad face and teary eyes, I suddenly lost my passion and for some weird reason, I feel very sad as well, though I don't really know why. I lost my desire to consummate her and I don't have the mood to start any conversation either, so I decided to just keep quite. But I broke the silence when i tell her that we have reached Myochaung. She open the door and climbs down from the passenger seat slowly. It's still cold and raining outside.

"Be careful." I said to her.

"Thank you, my name is Myaing." She introduce herself while smiling which makes me surprised, considering how sad she looks while sitting inside the truck.

"Thank you for treating me good, thank you for understanding my pain, thank you for everything..."

She said that and then walk away hastily into the narrow village's road, disappearing into the thickness of the night, leaving me behind, wondering around in confusion as for what she meant by her words.

After that event, I totally forgot about her and went along with my busy schedule in Yangon. Several days later, while I was taking a day time journey from Yangon back to Mandalay, I suddenly remember about my jacket, and so I decided to stop by Myochaung and retrieve it, and perhaps meeting Myaing once again.

The village road is pretty narrow, but luckily my small truck can still fit on it nicely. After I arrive at the village, I park my truck in a safe area and began to walk. I ask one villager of her name and he pointed out to me a small hut, not very far from where we stand.

I knock on the door and an old couple comes out to greet me, I assume they were her parent. I tell them my rendezvous with her and my intention to pick up my jacket back. They are somewhat surprised after hearing my story. The old man than excuse himself for he said he needs to buy something from a nearby village's shop. The old woman then asked me to follow her into the backyard of their hut.

And there under the banyan tree, I see my jacket laying down above something, something like a tomb. I walk nearer, trying to confirm what I have just seen. It is indeed a tomb, with Myaing name clearly carved on it.

I was at shock, I have never experience this kind of situation before. I look at the old woman, desperately asking for her explanation to all these madness. She tells me that Myaing are their only daughter who pass away 16 years ago due to accident. It was a rainy midnight and she was running away from home after some quarrel with her parents about her boyfriend when a truck hit her as she was walking barefooted to another nearby village where her boyfriend live. The collision was so immense, that her body was torn apart completely and most likely, she died on the spot.

After telling me the story, the old woman broke down in tear and she cries and cries loudly, calling her daughter name repeatedly. I feel sad and shameful myself for the perverted thought that crossed my mind that night. I finally understand the meaning of her words, and I finally understand the sadness in her face.

Her father comes back from the villager's shop, bringing along with him a pack of incenses. I took out 16 sticks, burn and placed them in front of her tomb - and then, we pray for her to rest peacefully.

"What about your jacket?" The old man ask me as I am about to take my leave.

"Leave it be..." I tell him, and walk away.

@ kaiser something something.. (lol your username is long)

i like the way you wrote your awesome experience.

are you a writer or something? lol.

anyway, when i read your story.. i guess you really are a nice person.

My delivery of nice and wonderful stories like these are better off spoken live, too bad people here live worlds apart.

Reading the title reminded me of this; it's just too funny.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qWiFlD8Mzvs?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qWiFlD8Mzvs?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
The people of this region do not believe in Ghosts, but in Djinns and other mischievous beings and spirits. Yes, even at this age and time - where rising edifices of cold steel and quartz gashing the clouds and whose denizens are featureless transhumans.

I will not deny that I was once a believer in Djinns. I believed that there were a gang of Djinns that chased my shadow, trying instil fear in me. Trying to hurt me, and to scare me; that was their aim. They were chasing me from room to room, and even in my dreams.

I repeatedly whispered the name of God, in a hope to cast them away. I even wanted to bring a Cleric that will drive them out of me. No, this only worsened my paranoia. However, a bad news struck them, the Djinnis. I became sceptical. Started to question my own beliefs, and even in my own existence. This disbelief steadily grew. The more it grew, the more diminished the Djinns became.

And finally, there were no more Djinns, no more demonic possessions, no more paranoia. And I finally came to a conclusion, that these Djinns were just a figment of my imaginations. Henceforth, these Djinns were no longer there to vex me. The only thing I couldn't believe was the power of my brain's ability to produce such vivid mental delusion. Well, and all went well after that. All I have to do is to maintain that sceptical mindset.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='Murasaki Cho']Talking about ghost, does any of you ever watched Paranormal Activity? Are those really true story or not?[/QUOTE]Yes, I have watched Paranormal Activity.

For all we know, those aren't true stories. The cheap camera installation was used to make it like a real documentary, rather than the typical 24 fps shots(which appears like a film).

It was a good cheap movie, but I do think it is not real either. The story might have happened to someone, but it seems to paranormal to be true. Eitherway for what it was worth it was good

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
lets say things go bump in the night a lot....

I spent it in a bed and breakfast, my friends caught word that the place just out in Brooks by Sacramento; was so haunted even the owner don't stay at night. It was only $60 per night and they had bet me $150 that I wouldn't do it. I back myself into a corner arguing that I didn't believe in ghost. They even place the money in my hand saying take it only if you walk in there and ask to stay for a night. I got out the car, grab my bottle of henessey and went ask to say a night. Just as my friend said, The owner left at 10:00pm and he told me to try and get some sleep. He'll come back later to check on me, and that he lives just live a mile away pointing at the distant. As if saying if you freak out run that way. I was baffled at how they ran the place. I was inside the house alone too, no other guest.

That night I keep telling myself nothing is wrong, it is just an old house. I was tipsy and it didn't help. When I walked to the bathroom. The hallway lights made even my shadow have a face, I thought as I looked at it from my perifial vision. I left the tv on in my room...and then it stops I hear no sounds from my room. I turned on the light in the bathroom, and just after finishing my business in there I heard it. A voice calling out to me, I was like thank god its one of the owners. I place my hand on the door and I'm hit with the sense to lock it. I did.

Something bump into the door as soon as I lock it. It was a slight bump. Like something just tap, it keep on bumping like wanting me to look outside the door. My gut told me to stay inside the bathroom..The last thing I said before I feel asleep is that I wish my had my henessey. I woke up to the owner knocking on the bathroom door. I open the door, my friends were there too and they sighed with relief. I look around and they were holding my bottle of henessey. It was already morning. I look at them and said hi.

This is the twisted part. My friends told me that the owners knew what I was there for and that they told them the story of why they don't really like staying there. The owner's brother hung himself right in front of the bathroom door. What's funny about this is that they found the henessey bottle right outside the bathroom door. And I knew I left that bottle on the nightstand.

As I said things like to bump in the night a lot..

-----------------------------------------------------------

I added a bit of detail to get some chills. Its my own true experience though