Football

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
This is a thread for all people who love football (not to be confused with American football)
I refuse to call it "soccer", cos I live in Britain XP

Anyways, feel free to share your favourite clubs, countries, players, or anything else you wish. Anything related to "playing" football can be here too, such as what position you play, or if you play for any clubs :D

Also youtube videos are more than welcome here. Feel free to post videos of skillful players that you like.

To start us off:

[YOUTUBE]LhcM4WP2cTc[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy~

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
Football...... It just sounds weird to me saying football is soccer and not American football. T^T
Anyways, I like football, it's fun to play, though I can't say I'm good at it, my dad used to play though :D
I don't have a fav team yet, though I like Spain and Brazil's teams:)

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Oh, did you follow the most recent World Cup Lovely??
Yes indeed, Spain were awesome last year, and Brazil are just all-time greats XD
But it's not very big in Canada, is it? ><;;

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
You mean the one in South Africa right? If so, then yeah, I was over in Asia when it happened. My family watched it practically every night, but I snuck off to go swimming, LOL. :p And yeah, they are, it was epic watching their teams play! xD Not sure about soccer in Canada though...

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
I see, that sounds fun :)
Do you watch club football (European) cos it tends to get quite entertaining too
Yeah thought so, I don't think I've ever even seen their national team...

Canabary

Administrator
I love football. And Ziziou is my favorite player of all time :D followed by Eusebio, what a beast he was.My natural position is a central midfielder simply because my passing is simply sublime. Yes sublime. Too bad the rest of my game isn't as good as that :p

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
I see, well Zidane was a legend, so no surprise there...
Eusebio was awesome too, he could single-handedly win a match (as he did against North Korea in '66)

I play on either wing or L/R midfield, though I prefer the left side for cutting in (I'm right-footed)
I'm fast, a decent passer/crosser and my dribbling's good. Only problems are my shooting (not bad, but could be better) and my stamina is on-and-off

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
I like watching football from time to time~ Like the World Cup last year.. Ive seen every match :3
I really don't have a particular team that Im supporting though... It changes every other game xD
Surprisingly Holland had made it to the finals~ That was a fun time :3 We would go to cafes and watch the game with everyone : D

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
Zinedine Zidane Aka the best french football player in history ( even platini isn't so great ). Unique vision of the game coupled with an uncommon technic.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
I like watching football from time to time~ Like the World Cup last year.. Ive seen every match :3
I really don't have a particular team that Im supporting though... It changes every other game xD
Surprisingly Holland had made it to the finals~ That was a fun time :3 We would go to cafes and watch the game with everyone : D
Holland played really well, and they are a great team, although their defence is slightly lacking. You have fantastic players in Robben, Schneider, Van Persie amongst others (sorry if I got a bit too technical there

[MENTION=1300]Chimer[/MENTION] indeed, Zidane is a legend amongst legends. He had a unique style that would make him the star of almost any game. Not to mention he almost single-handedly took a French team which some people would call sub-par (compared to 1998, let's say) to the finals of the 2006 World Cup.

For the laughs:

[YOUTUBE]ITdPTKpGHuI[/YOUTUBE]

On a serious note, I think Zidane did well to do the headbutt since Materazzi was being a total prick. I fully rate him for doing that, and it was an awesome (albeit unprofessional) way to end one's career. What do you guys/girls think of the incident?