Firefox 4 beta 7 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergiance

403 - Permission denied
New firefox releases are no longer a big deal ever since they switched to the way of the google. If they were actually doing a massive overhaul each time they increased the build number, then it'd be one thing, but now they're just increasing it for the hell of it. Honestly, I think that a new major build number requires a major overhaul on an application

ZeroKnight

ǤξД§§ ʃᵯᵯӨƦŦДζ
[quote name='"Synergiance' date=' post: 39939"']New firefox releases are no longer a big deal ever since they switched to the way of the google. If they were actually doing a massive overhaul each time they increased the build number, then it'd be one thing, but now they're just increasing it for the hell of it. Honestly, I think that a new major build number requires a major overhaul on an application[/quote]Couldn't agree more. I remember when I'd piss my pants when a new version of Firefox/Thunderbird came out. Now I dread them and have to hack extensions more frequently. This only thing this mockery of a term "rapid release" does is rape all sense of software versioning. I wouldn't doubt that the only reason they did it was because Google was doing it, and their excuse being that they'd lose market share, and the reason for that is that too many modern day computer users are too stupid to realize that releasing a new version every 2 and a half days isn't necessarily a good thing. Bah. I'm gonna stop before I end up ranting.Seriously though, at this point, why the hell should we even use version numbers correctly anymore? Fuck it, let's go from Firefox 9 to Firefox 20, and only change 1 line of code. I'm pretty sure that'll get Mozilla ahead of the competition.

Synergiance

403 - Permission denied
I love how firefox 6 looks and works exactly like firefox 4. Firefox 3 was a huge deal, and huge interface improvements, same with 2 and 4. If you're not going to change anything big and noticable, use subversions. EG. 4.1.x, 4.2.x would be more respectable for time based revisions

DeadSilent

WḦ͈̲͙̙́͗̋̍ͪ̐̽A̘̞̖̥̦̩̫ ̬͗̇́
Well, instead of complaining about them using version numbers as a marketing tool, we should fight back by telling them they are fail versioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.