Festival

I have an idea but I want to talk to someone in a constant conversation while proposing it. I do not wish people to just commenting and leaving.

Sanae

Staff member
Perhaps, pitching your actual idea would help ^__^ I read what was in Cherry Thread, but it may get lost in there.. Most may not even see your suggestion ^^

Perhaps, pitching your actual idea would help ^__^ I read what was in Cherry Thread, but it may get lost in there.. Most may not even see your suggestion ^^
Yes I am glad to see you Sanae. Can we talk about this tomorrow? I am exhausted at the moment.

Should I PM you or Continue posting on this thread?

@Hardriel

The first part I thought of was having some contest. But first I have to know what activitys the members like here......A G-fix and fanfiction contest are the first thing that came to my mind. Are there other ideas?

Some how I feel like no one besides you two will take the tme to discuss ideas. This is not my section, I will not do this work alone. Let us hope people desire to help. @Sanae @Hadriel

Sanae

Staff member
A fanfiction contest.. That's a pretty good idea.. The themes can be based on anime/manga since this is an anime/manga site ^__^? Other themes can be like, video games, tv show, movie.. Are there anymore o.o?

What is a G-Fix though, @Denuo Prince ^__^?

Sanae

Staff member
I mean Sig and Avatar set contests. I just hear thats a shorter way to say it. @Sanae

or other picture creating type things
We already have a Signature Of The Week thing here, but I actually did pitch up an Avatar/Icon elsewhere here ^__^

What would make the gdx ones you suggestion different from sotw that we already have o.o? Would this be a day type event like with the Sunday Poker or a forum competition like SOTW and WOTF ^__^?

The essantials behind a festival isnt just one game but the mix of different kinds of activities togather.

Maybe we can do a special picture altering contest. I do not know much about the signature of the week contest. But perhaps we can speficy this to a certian idea and see what member can create the best one. It doesnt have to be much since its only 1 activity in the mix of activys we will go over [MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION].

Sanae

Staff member
A picture manipulation contest.. That sounds pretty fun and pretty hilarious to see what others come up with lol

I did that with someone's picture.. It got lots of lulz :XD: One was when he was under water and the Finding Nemo share was approching xD The other was when they were laying face down on a cloud, with angel wings, and a halo xD

So, this is a day event (much like the poker games) only? Not a weekly contest?

Although, if the photography side of the site is interested, it could become a legit contest like SOTW.

The original photo would be placed up and participants would have to do w/e photo manipulation to it and it would be up for voting at the end of the week ^^

Well, if this happens, which activity did you have in mind to start out with ^__^? Do you have an example to what a day's event would be like :)?

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Oh, I believe I know what you are getting at.

Perhaps you mean something like events in an MMORPG, something along those lines, which the GM facilitates, and members can participate in these events, right?

And perhaps more regular events. Like say, a scavenger hunt or something.

Well, that's actually a good idea. It'll keep the forum fresh.

Canabary

Administrator
A picture manipulation contest.. That sounds pretty fun and pretty hilarious to see what others come up with lol

I did that with someone's picture.. It got lots of lulz :XD: One was when he was under water and the Finding Nemo share was approching xD The other was when they were laying face down on a cloud, with angel wings, and a halo xD

Although, if the photography side of the site is interested, it could become a legit contest like SOTW.

The original photo would be placed up and participants would have to do w/e photo manipulation to it and it would be up for voting at the end of the week ^^

Well, if this happens, which activity did you have in mind to start out with ^__^? Do you have an example to what a day's event would be like :)?
I approve of this idea.

Well I like to include an AG into the day. Maybe make it bigger then usual and add a theme to it. Maybe Girls vs Boy , Muffin G2 Vs AT members or even just a forum regulars vs another forum regualrs....these are just ideas to give you a grasp on what Im trying to say.

And maybe small Mini-games like I plan to put in my section. Just a few of those to have a little fun with.

[MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION]

Sanae

Staff member
Ah yes, and what type of games would be in your section ^__^? Can we have an example so people would know ^__^

Thinking games(puzzles/riddles/other kind of thinking games) like this one. [MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION]

Bruce is an inmate at a large prison, and like most of the other prisoners, he smokes cigarettes. During his time in the prison, Bruce finds that if he has 3 cigarette butts, he can cram them

together and turn them into 1 full cigarette. Whenever he smokes a cigarette, it turns into a cigarette butt.

One day, Bruce is in his cell talking to one of his cellmates, Steve.

"I really want to smoke 5 cigarettes today, but all I have are these 10 cigarette butts," Bruce tells Steve. "I'm not sure that will be enough."

"Why don't you borrow some of Tom's cigarette butts?" asks Steve, pointing over to a small pile of cigarette butts on the bed of their third cellmate, Tom, who is out for the day on a community service project.

"I can't," Bruce says. "Tom always counts exactly how many cigarette butts are in his pile, and he'd probably kill me if he noticed that I had taken any."
However, after thinking for a while, Bruce figures out a way that he can smoke 5 cigarettes without angering Tom. What is his plan?

Thinking games(puzzles/riddles/other kind of thinking games) like this one. [MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION]

Bruce is an inmate at a large prison, and like most of the other prisoners, he smokes cigarettes. During his time in the prison, Bruce finds that if he has 3 cigarette butts, he can cram them

together and turn them into 1 full cigarette. Whenever he smokes a cigarette, it turns into a cigarette butt.

One day, Bruce is in his cell talking to one of his cellmates, Steve.

"I really want to smoke 5 cigarettes today, but all I have are these 10 cigarette butts," Bruce tells Steve. "I'm not sure that will be enough."

"Why don't you borrow some of Tom's cigarette butts?" asks Steve, pointing over to a small pile of cigarette butts on the bed of their third cellmate, Tom, who is out for the day on a community service project.

"I can't," Bruce says. "Tom always counts exactly how many cigarette butts are in his pile, and he'd probably kill me if he noticed that I had taken any."
However, after thinking for a while, Bruce figures out a way that he can smoke 5 cigarettes without angering Tom. What is his plan?
[MENTION=1268]Denuo Prince[/MENTION]

He first takes 9 of his butts and combines them into 3 cigs. Then he smokes them, so there are 3 butts remaining. He combines them into a new cig and smokes it, leaving 1 butt. Then he takes one from Tom, combines it with the butt and the 10th butt he had, then smokes it, and puts the butt back in Tom's pile.

Anyway, the idea of a festival is a good one. Organization is needed though, and I really would like to hear some more opinions on this. It's a promising idea.

@Denuo Prince

He first takes 9 of his butts and combines them into 3 cigs. Then he smokes them, so there are 3 butts remaining. He combines them into a new cig and smokes it, leaving 1 butt. Then he takes one from Tom, combines it with the butt and the 10th butt he had, then smokes it, and puts the butt back in Tom's pile.

Anyway, the idea of a festival is a good one. Organization is needed though, and I really would like to hear some more opinions on this. It's a promising idea.
I am in the process of getting my thoughts together. But I am currently busy but you can pitch in ideas if you wish. Say what is on your mind, there are no stupid things to say. [MENTION=55]Hadriel[/MENTION]