Favorite quote

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.

~ H. L. Mencken

The real differences around the world today are not between Jews and Arabs; Protestants and Catholics; Muslims, Croats, and Serbs. The real differences are between those who embrace peace and those who would destroy it; between those who look to the future and those who cling to the past; between those who open their arms and those who are determined to clench their fists.

~ William J. Clinton, 1997

Core

Fascinating...
"You're born; you take shit. You get up in the world; you take more shit. Climb a little higher; Take less shit. Till one day you are up in the rarefied atmosphere... and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the Layercake son."

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

"Sister, they don't even know what do with just one of me."

"There is no such thing as freedom, because throughout the ages freedom has never and will never be free."

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him," (Psalm 2:12).

Core

Fascinating...
[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]"And when I vest my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy Saints.

Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven.

Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god."[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Courier New,Courier,monospace]"And when I vest my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgement I will take vengeance upon mine enemies And I will repay those who hase me O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand And count me amoung Thy Saints.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial]Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he the man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial]Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of god."[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Such foul blasphemy. Still, if you've seen Boondock Saints that bumps you up from worm to insect.

Core

Fascinating...
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

"Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings."

"Normally.. I'm not a praying man.. but if you're up there Superman..."