Fate/Stay Night

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Fate/Stay Night

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, romance, supernatural

Summary: Shirou Emiya lost his parents in a fire when he was young and was later adopted by a sorceror by the name of Kiritsugu Emiya. Although he was full of admiration for his adopted father and yearns to become an ally of justice, Shirou has limited powers and was unable to become a strong sorceror like his father. That is until one fateful day, he was drawn into the Holy Grail War and had to summon a female "Servant" known as Saber in order to protect himself. It turns out that the Holy Grail War involves a series of battles among powerful sorcerors to fight for the possession of a relic that will grant one's wishes, the Holy Grail. There are altogether seven "Masters" who can summon their respective "Servants" from different classes known as Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster and Assasin. These "Servants" have to hide their names in order not to reveal their weaknesses to the enemies. The story revolves around Shirou and his entanglement in the Holy Grail War. (ANN)

Storyline: The storyline picks up pretty quickly as the Holy Grail War starts. The main character is Shirou and he summons Saber but his magic mana is too low for Saber to fight 100%. Since this is the war of the Holy Grail, everyone is an enemy but there are some that team up for a common goal. Who every is the last servant standing with there master wins the Holy Grail War and gets 1 wish. The anime does show Shirou getting hunted down alot mainly because he has one of the best servants that has balanced stats. Shirou is a man of valor and since Saber is a girl, he won't let her get hurt which is a problem because he is alot weaker and softer then she is. Everyone who is able to summon a servant is a magi, people who are able to cast spells. Shirou doesn't know his ability till later on but he does start to refine it. There is a twist at the end when Gilgamesh is introduced which makes getting the Holy Grail a bit harder. Shirou and Saber are a great combo since his ability is able to help her later on in the story. 9/10

Graphics: The anime is mostly shaded, its really tinted in alot of places. The animation itself is very good with nice effects. Very unique characters and outfits the servants have which draws you in. 9/10

Music: The music presents that there will be magic being used in the anime. Most music sound similar when introduced into an anime where they are used. The OP and ED are very soft beats which will describe the emotions that will be in the anime. The fight scenes are hyped up since most battles have one great underdog which usually wins. 7/10

Characters: The characters are great but Shirou is pretty annoying at times when he tries to save Saber from a few scratches. There are alot of characters involved in this anime since there are so many classes. When they are resting, they go indept on most of the characters like Ilya and Rin when they talk to Shirou. Since usually the servants that dies, there is alot of emotional attachments to them from the people that summon them, even Hercules is morned by Ilya. 9/10

Overall: This anime is fairly amusing, since the anime is dark its hard to see at some of the scenes they do show. Shirou really does want to learn more about Sabers past since he start to have feelings for her but she can't return them back. The AMV below shows alot about the characters that is in the anime and a very basic outline of the anime... 8/10

PS: There is a prequel for Fate/Stay Night which is called Fate/Zero. It talks about the characters more indept if more information about them is needed, like Saber...

(Saber is King Arthur which everyone is confused why he is a girl)

YouTube - Knights of Fate - Fate/stay Night AMV/MAD

Last edited:

Ray

无限之剑制
I agree with your review the anime isn't perfect cause of how dark the true story really is and such. ^^

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Can't have high ratings for animation, its good but its too dark... I would put the character 10/10 but nothing is perfect, Shirou character is presented in alot of animes where the guy protects the girl and such, his characteristics are the same but not his abilities... If the main character was more unique I would have put 10/10

Lol, quit pestering him Ray, if you think you can give it more accurate ratings then why don't you just write your own review? :)

I'm going to as soon as I have more time.

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
I gave it a 9/10 There are only a few I give 10/10... When perfect and unique plays perfectly, if you haven't watched enough animes you wouldn't know... His character is way to similar to other main characters ._.

Ray

无限之剑制
Lol, quit pestering him Ray, if you think you can give it more accurate ratings then why don't you just write your own review? :)

I'm going to as soon as I have more time.
If fate/stay night counts as a game I can do one for it lol

Lancelot

♫ Lost my Music ♪
Can't have high ratings for animation, its good but its too dark... I would put the character 10/10 but nothing is perfect, Shirou character is presented in alot of animes where the guy protects the girl and such, his characteristics are the same but not his abilities... If the main character was more unique I would have put 10/10
Fate/Stay Night is being established during 2004, featuring Emiya Shirou as the main character. Shirou is only a normal human being, yet he strieves to become a Hero of Justice.

The only way to achieve happiness is through helping others. Furthermore, Shirou protected Saber eventhough he is the actually the one who needs protection.

I don't find any characters like him in any series of manga/anime/novel/light novel/graphic novel/audio novel.

In any other animes, the guy who protects the girl are usually strong. Yet Emiya Shirou starts off as a super weak character, and only become a real fighter in the game (at the later arcs). I wonder how you would find this character similar to the others.

fate/zero is a manga, and 2004, there are tons of weak guys that protect girls, most of the animes are like that anyway, kenichi and shana are animes that have those features, only a few months apart, but the manga are already out... busou renkin also has those features.... come on I can keep naming they, alot of animes have the same main character, I still gave it a 9/10, its not like its 7

Ray

无限之剑制
fate/zero is a manga, and 2004, there are tons of weak guys that protect girls, most of the animes are like that anyway, kenichi and shana are animes that have those features, only a few months apart, but the manga are already out... busou renkin also has those features.... come on I can keep naming they, alot of animes have the same main character, I still gave it a 9/10, its not like its 7
Fate/zero is a light novel that takes place on the 4th holy grail war which the story is so epic and the battles were much more honorable in my opinion truely a war of kings.

The anime should really have incorporated the other storylines. Without them it seems completely half baked and isn't all that interesting.