Excuses

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
We all use excuses to get out of something, whether that be detention at school, from a speedingticket or to get out of some social convention xD.
Now post the funniest and/or most ridiculous excuses you have heard! xD

Ill go first:
So my older brother was not much into school and all... and he did whatever he could to skip. He didnt have much luck though, his school was rather strict but some of his more creative excuses were:
--> Parents couldnt come to the parent-teacher meeting because they were on a business trip to Poland (lool).
--> My 'stepdad' died so he had to attend his funeral. Our parents aren't even divorced though xDD

Funnies thing is, he got away with both of them ._____.

The most used excuse by me is usually a birthday from some family member or friend or I just say "I had prior plans" xD

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Oh...this topic is lovely!

I would use any kind of excuse if it means i can get away from the family dinners and plans.
Something like : " I am going out with my friends." even if i am siting at home and doin nottin. <3

i think i use my laziness as an excuse xD like if i wanted to go out and do something, i would think "it's fine, i don't need to go out; i'm just lazy," and end up sitting all day at home lolol :/

@_________________@;

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
The ones I use the most is ´Im not feeling to well *cough cough cough* so sorry, I cant (fill in situation I want to skip)'

I dont do it to often though.

My excuse formula for everything

->Give a Pessimistic Answer
I might get sick

->Turn the pessimistic answer to an optimistic one
come to think of it, me being sick equals to skipping school for a few days

->Turn the optimistic answer to a pessimistic one
but then again, me not in school equals to me not having learned a thing and thus fail the tests

Life works much better when you dont give excuses and are assertive.

Example, someone gets yelled at at their job:

"What are you doing? Did you put that there? That doesnt belong there, you did it before"

"My apologies, I wasnt paying attention"

"Its fine, just make sure you notice where youre putting things"

As opposed to:

"What are you doing? Did you put that there? That doesnt belong there, you did it before"

"Oh I didnt know, I was so busy with other stuff that I didnt get to see where I was putting it, Johnny was calling me and..."

"Well it doesnt matter youer still responcible for what you do I dont want to hear your excuses"

"But its not an excuse its what happened, I..."

*arguement continues*

Excuses only make things worse. I promise you if you're assertive every problem will be resolved and no resentment will be held. *thumbsupsmiley.jpg*

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

As opposed to:

"Oh I didnt know, I was so busy with other stuff that I didnt get to see where I was putting it, Johnny was calling me and..."

"Well it doesnt matter youer still responcible for what you do I dont want to hear your excuses"

*arguement continues*

Excuses only make things worse. I promise you if you're assertive every problem will be resolved and no resentment will be held. *thumbsupsmiley.jpg*
To be honest, I try to do that in most situations. I use the sick excuse only if I dont want to go somewhere and I feel its inappropiate to tell people that I dont feel like hanging out with them for the day.

To be honest, I try to do that in most situations. I use the sick excuse only if I dont want to go somewhere and I feel its inappropiate to tell people that I dont feel like hanging out with them for the day.
Well you are saying that out of fear for their response, so youre continuing and promoting bad habit and fear within yourself all because you dont want to deal with something, which is never good.

If you said "Well I dont want to go because when I'm there it makes me feel ____ and ____, so I'm choosing to stay home"

Weather they accept it or not is their problem, but at the end of the day it is what it is and people should be entitled to what they want to do. Plus when you use these types of responses it builds respect for your opinions and choices, people will know you mean what you say.

Easiest excuse is that I have other plans gets me out of almost anything or if it is too late for that I usually use "something important that I don't feel the need to explain came up, just trust me you would understand"

I always say I dont know how to do something and when im forced to do it I do it wrong and act all stupid at it so no one asks me to do anything.

This is when im usually asked to do chores around the house xD

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Well you are saying that out of fear for their response, so youre continuing and promoting bad habit and fear within yourself all because you dont want to deal with something, which is never good.

If you said "Well I dont want to go because when I'm there it makes me feel ____ and ____, so I'm choosing to stay home"

Weather they accept it or not is their problem, but at the end of the day it is what it is and people should be entitled to what they want to do. Plus when you use these types of responses it builds respect for your opinions and choices, people will know you mean what you say.

Crom, In theory I totally agree with you. But the thing is when I'd give that kind of answer to my friends they'd be hurt. I don't want to hurt them or ruin our friendship. There is no way I could say "Sorry, I dont want to go becuase I can't be bothered today" Or something similar. It would just cause unnecessary hurt (imo). Well, I can tell anything to my closest friend so I never use excuses on her.
:shrug:

Ehm more excuses:
~~> A friend of mine used to get out early in our last class of the day (in HS) because she had to "catch the train" .... She lived across the schoolbuilding xD

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

Telling my friends that I dont feel like hanging out because I cant stand the sight of them on that particular day and that I prefer to lock myself in my room playing games is not gonna win me any respect from them. Even if I put it in nicer words.

The truth can hurt, and I rather not hurt people when it can be avoided.

EDIT: Lily ninja'd me...by an hour :p

Crom, In theory I totally agree with you. But the thing is when I'd give that kind of answer to my friends they'd be hurt. I don't want to hurt them or ruin our friendship. There is no way I could say "Sorry, I dont want to go becuase I can't be bothered today" Or something similar. It would just cause unnecessary hurt (imo). Well, I can tell anything to my closest friend so I never use excuses on her.
:shrug:

Ehm more excuses:
~~> A friend of mine used to get out early in our last class of the day (in HS) because she had to "catch the train" .... She lived across the schoolbuilding xD

Telling my friends that I dont feel like hanging out because I cant stand the sight of them on that particular day and that I prefer to lock myself in my room playing games is not gonna win me any respect from them. Even if I put it in nicer words.

The truth can hurt, and I rather not hurt people when it can be avoided.

EDIT: Lily ninja'd me...by an hour :p
Well 90 percent of the time its really not a big deal, unless you have some animosity for them, similar to the way you just typed (and Lils) . And its a good example of how bad things get when you go do things by guilt untill you really let it out. If you genuinely dont mind and make no big deal out of it, no one else will.

"What are you doing today"

"Nothing much, I'mma chill inside the house with the AC and shoot terrorists"

No big deal will be made unless it something important especially if you guys hang out all the time unless its a important or a big event.

When I dont feel going out my house and my friends call me up 95 percent of the time were on the phone to see if we wanna hang out,we laugh up a STORM (yeah, it gets bad) with the hilarious conversations I always have and there is no problem at all even if we dont hang out. It also promotes honest within them too. And when it finally comes time to hang out its awesome.

I really don't like to make excuses since most of the time they would have to be lies, but when I really do have excuses they are just so ridiculous that I can tell people don't believe me anyway.
Example: I used to live with a girl who had a crested gecko as a pet, and she had to feed him live crickets. One day the crickets escaped and got all over our apartment so I had to skip class and help clean them up. When I told my teacher the next day she looked pretty skeptical but I guess she believed me because she didn't count it against me.

As opposed to:

*arguement continues*

That really just depends on the person yelling at you.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Even if I do tell them straight up I do not wish to hang out with them... They still bugg me untill I do it.. Or just get mad at me for not wanting to hang. Those are your friends, Crom, mine arent all that understanding :3

But thats off topic anyway xD

Most common excuse I used to skip out on school ~ either that Im ill or that I have a dentist/doctor/whatevertheeff appointment..

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Another excuse I use xD ~ lolol might be a bit tmi for some?
If Im not in the mood for something I usually say that Im on my period and am having massive cramps and have to stay in bed ~ Works every time. Girls know exactly how painful a period can be and guys are too afraid to ask more xD