Elfen Lied Fanclub

Tengu

惣流・アスカ・ラングレー

Elfen Lied revolves around the race of diclonius, a mutant human species identified by two cat-ear like horns and transparent "vectors", and the ways in which the humans abuse and reject them as part of society, instead seizing them for storage and experimentation in an offshore laboratory. The series is centered around the teenage diclonius girl "Lucy", said to be the first diclonius, becoming sadistic as a result of her vengeance and delivering it on the humans who rejected her.

The story is based around the diclonius, a species of mutant humans with two cat-ear like horns and "vectors", telekinetically controlled arms which resonate at a frequency to the point in which they become transparent, and have the power to deflect or destroy anything within their range. All diclonius seem to be girls only. Male diclonius are rare throughout the whole series (first one being the Professor at Kohta's school as seen in the manga), and they refer to themselves using "watashi" the genderless form of "I" in Japanese. They also all have pink eyes and hair unlike regular humans who have brown, black, blonde, and red hair.

At the beginning of the series, diclonii are being held for storage in a facility off the coast of Kamakura in Kanagawa, south of the city of Yokohama, held by the scientist Kurama. The first of the diclonius race, a teenage girl named by the staff as "Lucy", escapes the factory, stark naked and using her vectors to deflect gunfire and somehow effortlessly kill the security guards and Kurama's clumsy secretary in her path. However, as she makes her way out of the facility, she is shot in the back of the head by an unnamed sniper armed with a .50 caliber rifle, breaking her metal helmet and causing her to fall into the sea.

The next morning, Kouta, a university-age school student, is moving to Kamakura to study in university where he is reunited with his cousin Yuka. While reminiscing about his younger sister on a beach, who is later explained to have died "of an illness", he encounters the diclonius, still naked and badly wounded in the head from the bullet round. She is somewhat helpless and, as a result of brain damage sustained from the bullet wound, is reduced to the knowledge and capability of an infant, only capable of saying the word "Nyu". Kouta and Yuka decide to take her with them, naming her "Nyu" as a result.

Kouta, who is moving in to the Kaede House, (which was traditional Japanese restaurant that was inhabited by previous generations) in Kamukura, puts Nyu under his care. Nyu, still helplessly dumbfounded, has no idea of who or where she is, however Kouta and Yuka believe that they can find out where Nyu belongs, and in the meantime, keep her safe. However, after Kouta gets angry at Nyu, she runs off back to the beach where she was found. The homeless girl Mayu and her dog encounter Nyu, and Kouta traces Nyu back to the beach, discovering that Kurama has hunted a Special Assault Team to hunt her down.

However, Lucy and her cold characteristics have not yet faded away; when she bumps her head, she reverts to her sadistic side, and makes transitions between her two personalities throughout the series. Yuka, who is in love with Kouta, begins to envy the attention he gives to Nyu, remembering their relationship together as children, however Kouta is still anxious about finding out who Nyu really is. Upon finding out that Mayu is homeless, and that she witnessed the assault team track Nyu, Kouta puts her under his care.

Kouta does not discover the real Lucy and her past inside Nyu, however, Lucy, still with the vengeance of being rejected and abused throughout her life, begins to deliver her revenge on humans, as Kurama and the Special Assault Team continue to hunt her down.

This fan club is allowing a minor claming system, you can clame ONE character from Elfen Lied.

Leader: Tengu - Lucy/Nyuu
Co-Leader:

Members: Gnome - Nana
random
Vulgarhythm
Shinji Ikari
Sakai Ray
Serph

I will try to make a banner soon once I figure out how Macromedia Fireworks 8 works, but anyone is welcome to create one.

Last edited:
I'll join.

Elfen Lied is currently my all time favorite manga. Though I can't say the same for the anime, since I personally thought the ending was terrible.

As for my claim, I shall take Nana since you already have Nyuu.

Last edited: