Elevator to space..

Forget the roar of rocketry and those bone jarring liftoffs, the elevator would be a smooth 62,000-mile (100,000-kilometer) ride up a long cable. Payloads can shimmy up the Earth-to-space cable, experiencing no large launch forces, slowly climbing from one atmosphere to a vacuum.

Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars, Venus, the asteroids and beyond - they are routinely accessible via the space elevator. And for all its promise and grandeur, this mega-project is made practical by the tiniest of technologies - carbon nanotubes.

I dont know if this is plum retardness or ...retarded. :huh:

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Suraj182 @ 2-5-2007 @ 7:54 PM) [snapback]2336[/snapback]</div>
That's just weird! As long as it doesn't break down half way >_>[/b]
Word, that'd be even more crazy.

Archangel

yeah that would be really bad if it broke midway through, This thing reminds me of a project i had to do last year . I had to do a report on this thing called Sky City it was a boat that would go around the world but the thing was that it would hav a city on it with schools, malls , and everything.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-5-2007 @ 9:31 PM) [snapback]2350[/snapback]</div>
yeah that would be really bad if it broke midway through, This thing reminds me of a project i had to do last year . I had to do a report on this thing called Sky City it was a boat that would go around the world but the thing was that it would hav a city on it with schools, malls , and everything.[/b]
Dumb name, considering it being a boat...

Archangel

i meant to wright Sea city, Sky city was a side project another group did it just a tower that soposed to be one the biggest in the world

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-5-2007 @ 10:42 PM) [snapback]2356[/snapback]</div>
i meant to wright Sea city, Sky city was a side project another group did it just a tower that soposed to be one the biggest in the world[/b]
Made in japan right?

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanji1P @ 2-6-2007 @ 11:32 AM) [snapback]2377[/snapback]</div>
yeah , its in japan but their planing to make a bigger one called Sky City 1000[/b]
Yea, I saw something about it on Discovery Science; it was interesting.