Earth in 25 and 50

B StAR

2D Complex.
Past predictions to always determine the future is a mystery, some a success while others a failure. So what do you think is going to happen 25 and 50 years from now?

I think in 25 years, society is still normal at it's current state. In fifty years, it's still going to be the same (with the exception to consumer goods). Nothing revolutionary like planetary colonization or jetpacks will happen within my life time. :(

BLue-FIsh

I have muffins! =D
Hmnn.. I think we might have a few technological upgrades but besides that nothing special...

Oh and I heard that they found an alien on mars or something.. :\

25 Years - Flash floods will very likely increase across all parts of Europe. Less rainfall could reduce agriculture yields by up to 50 percent in some parts of the world.

50 Years - Small alpine glaciers will very likely disappear completely, and large glaciers will shrink by 30 to 70 percent. Austrian scientist Roland Psenner of the University of Innsbruck says this is a conservative estimate, and the small alpine glaciers could be gone as soon as 2037.

In Australia, there will likely be an additional 3,200 to 5,200 heat-related deaths per year. The hardest hit will be people over the age of 65. An extra 500 to 1,000 people will die of heat-related deaths in New York City per year. In the United Kingdom, the opposite will occur, and cold-related deaths will outpace heat-related ones.

World population reaches 9.4 billion people. (U.S. Census Bureau)

Crop yields could increase by up to 20 percent in East and Southeast Asia, while decreasing by up to 30 percent in Central and South Asia. Similar shifts in crop yields could occur on other continents.

As biodiversity hotspots are more threatened, a quarter of the world’s plant and vertebrate animal species could face extinction.

And THIS

http://www.craigavon.gov.uk/environment/global_warming.gif

Thank god Wales still has most of it's Land.

Ray

无限之剑制
lols dang Im glad i live in the US ?

year 3000 hmm I have to drain souls for another 9 centuries

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
To be honest I don't think this type of technology will be announced to the world because it will cause more damage then money for the nation. Did you know area 51 has technology about 50 years over there time and they can't bring it to the public. The only thing that might happen is alot more cars without gasoline but im not hoping as much...

To be honest I don't think this type of technology will be announced to the world because it will cause more damage then money for the nation. Did you know area 51 has technology about 50 years over there time and they can't bring it to the public. The only thing that might happen is alot more cars without gasoline but im not hoping as much...

Wouldn't that be helpful to the planet though? No Gas? Then we wouldn't have half of the UK covered in water...

50 over their time...?

GUNDAMS!

Spark

Club Member
I also do not expect many big changes to society, but it would make for an exciting world if anything big does happen to come our way. I've read a lot of science fiction, and authors have always made many grand predictions about the future. Admittedly, a lot of it is simply meant to be enjoyable fiction, but still many writers like to guess what things will be like decades or centuries down the road. I doubt many of their predictions will be realized anytime soon though. Orbital cities, faster-than-light travel, harvesting the minerals of the asteroid belt, terraforming Mars, even alien invasions/contact. If these do come to pass, they are things of the far future.

Global warming, overpopulation, climate change, higher rates of extinction, yikes. I agree with Katsu. Scary stuff will happen with the environment and ecosystem on a global scale. And while renewable energy and the such may be on the rise, becoming more efficient and more widespread, the damage we have done to our planet is currently (and very likely for the next 50 years) irreversible.

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
Well they are trying to low the generations from 25 to 20 years since technology is advancing so quickly.

So 20 years development in current technology will have advanced to lets say VR for the computer better environment health cars.

So 50 I not really sure since that will be two generations I'll be 64 then. xD I guess I'll just be dead or living somewhere in the middle of no where.

If we went to 100 years I believe the human race would've die because of current idiotic country rulers/representatives or when would have evolved to a state where we survive the heat/ or become water living creatures and our intelligence would've drop to about 50%! xD Such a great theory with no facts behind it.