Dubs vs. Subs

Dubs vs. Subs

• Total voters
Dubs vs. Subs

Ok, I would like to know what you all think about the English and Japanese version of anime and which is better.

I personally like the Japanese version better, but some of you may be of different opinions than me.

Nori

It depends. If it's a bad dub, then no I don't want to see it, but if it's a good one it's great. Mainly I'm saying if I don't have to read then that's a good thing. Reading subs is annoying cause at points the japanese words are said faster than the English can be read, so you have to rewind. This is basically eliminated with dubs.

Krahe

Full of bees
Like Nori said, it depends on the quality of the dub. If its horrible, then I'll always watch the sub, but if it's decent or higher, then I'll watch both. Usually, though, if I first see an anime subbed, I'll always watch the subs.

Nori

With me, the worst dub I've ever seen was One Piece. Naruto wasn't even as bad as people made it seem. Yea the voices weren't like the Japanese version, but who the hell cares. No ones voice is the same so they would never find someone to do the Naruto episodes in English with the same voice as the Naruto episodes in Japanese. People need to get over it. It's a Dub, meaning new voices. They don't have to match.

Krahe

Full of bees
^ Considering all the things that could have been done to it, the Naruto dub is great. I've never cared for One Piece, be it the anime or the manga, but I have heard horrible things about the dub. The worst dub I've seen was Yu-Gi-Oh, which was also done by 4Crap - er, I mean, 4Kids. The lesson I've learned is that if it's dubbed by 4Kids, it's gonna suck.

i prefer subs too, i've watch rurouni kenshin dubbed and i hated it! kenshin sounded so mighty stupid! till that time i never watch dubs!

the only other dubs i've watch ws Full Metal Alchemist and it was a french dub, the french seem to be much better at dubbings, no offense to anyone! :)

Dubbed animes are rediculious i mean they are sapose to be watched in there full entirety so yeah i hate dubbed...subs are great ...i mean if your illiterate it might be bad :p but ya know.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blades @ 12-5-2006 @ 4:21 PM) [snapback]1026[/snapback]</div>
i prefer subbed.. it doesn't seem right. The original was made in jap.. so why not keep it jap?[/b]
Because most Americans don't speak Japanese, and the companies that dub the anime wont make any money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ 12-5-2006 @ 6:09 PM) [snapback]1036[/snapback]</div>
Because most Americans don't speak Japanese, and the companies that dub the anime wont make any money.[/b]
Well.. learn to read!! =P

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blades @ 12-5-2006 @ 7:35 PM) [snapback]1043[/snapback]</div>
Well.. learn to read!! =P[/b]
Fansubs are technically illegal. Showing them on television would be reckless...