Dubs vs. Subs

Dubs vs. Subs

• Total voters
The problem is simpler than you think, dub or sub, the answer is that in which of the 2 of them them person have seen then for e.g. dragon ball all want to see them in english dub and not in sub...
Personally i don't have any problem i prefer both of them!!!
I am just fun of the anime and i see them in what ever i can get them!!

Archangel

I personaly like sub cuz you cant really see what the creator of the anime is going for with the character you need to remeber that being a voice actor in JP is really hard while here in america theres not many so its a bit easier

I have to say it really depends on the dubbers and the new dialogue an example is One piece I would never watch that in english I would killevery friend I have friend I have before I let that happen but then if I look at sunabozu and the english version isnt that bad. I actually kind of liked it.

I usually like subbed because it usually looks and sounds better (i don't speak japanese or anything, but i think it sounds pretty!), but i'll watch dubbed anime's. I think they did a pretty good job with FMA as well.

Sub like most everyone else. It sounds better, syncs with the drawings better, and normally suits the characters better. The only good dub I have really seen is Vandread, but even then the sub still is better.

I love subs better. It's kinda weird, but I love listening to the Japanese talk. The language is a lot more melodic than English.

Plus I love to read, so subs all the way.

Personally, I prefer subs.
The reason I started getting obsessed with anime in the first place was because the anime itself is great & the Jap voice was perfect. Totally brings out the mood and makes everything feels so real.
And besides, some dubs can be really annoying that it completely ruins the mood. Not that I'm saying all dubs are bad though.
All in all, subs would be my first choice...

I prefer sub myself. When you really think about it, the voices that are given to the character are part of what makes the character, besides just their actions but the tones they take. Thats why they cast very specific people to the parts when they make a series. They want that sound to come across. The voice that was choosen by the person who created the series portrays it in the way they felt when they created it. Dubbing it just takes away from the artists original feeling towards their creation. Sure they can get some decent people out there to redo it, but like in everything, you can't recreate something perfectly. You'll always be lacking when trying to remake the initial feeling that come across in the voices of the people the creator works with to make their vision seen by all. So I have to go with subtittles all the way, there's no way you can compare dubbed to the original concept.

okay seeing as most of my point is already conveyed I will settle with saying... SUBS...

reasons

-It means that the voice actors are as the author intended(most of the time)
-The script is better translated(depending on the subbing group)
-There is less cut out(look at what happened to Greed in the FMA series dub... they crucified him to a slab of rock... rather than to a crucifix of hewn stone)

OMFG DUBS OMFG -RUNS AWAY- OMFG -THROWS UP- i like subbed better because they have more feeling to their voices. unlike the dub where its like a love scene and they talk like their bored. but some dubs arent that bad lol. NARUTO DUB OMFG GAG ME WITH A SPOON. so horrible.

Krahe

Full of bees
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (siehydra @ July 12, 2007, 9:48 PM) [snapback]8641[/snapback]</div>
NARUTO DUB OMFG GAG ME WITH A SPOON. so horrible.[/b]
"Horrible" depends on which Naruto dub you watch. The German dub is horrible. The English one is pretty damn good, in my opinion (Unless it's the one shown on Jetix. I've heard bad, bad things about that one).

Really, I just don't think the Naruto dub (that airs on CN) is the butchered piece of crap a good deal of people make it out to be.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krahe @ July 13, 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]8658[/snapback]</div>
"Horrible" depends on which Naruto dub you watch. The German dub is horrible. The English one is pretty damn good, in my opinion (Unless it's the one shown on Jetix. I've heard bad, bad things about that one).

Really, I just don't think the Naruto dub (that airs on CN) is the butchered piece of crap a good deal of people make it out to be.[/b]
I've honestly gotten used to it.

DUB IS HORRIBLE.

It is from my experiences. In my country Indonesia, 99% dub anime are sux (well, there is no single sub anime). No emotion and the translation is very strange in my ear. That is the reason I would prefer sub.

Sub rules because they are the original, means the best. Sub is really depending on the fansubs themselved. Good fansubs has good subs.

I prefer subs. And I actually dislike dubs. In my early days of anime-watching, I came across Prince of Tennis dubs. Never touched dubs after that.
Honestly, I've never seen any good english dubs. But when I was a kid, i watched a lot of Pokemon Chinese dubs.
I like subs because the voices are done in Japanese. Its original, and it kinda fits. The only bad experience I had with subs was when I borrowed my friend's .Hack DVD which she bought from overseas. Horrible. Direct translations without decent sentence structures.

For me it is subs all the way..... I like the Japanese seiyu's over the english voice over actors..... I feel that the Japanese do a lot more to convey the characters feeling in their voices, and as for the dubs, they just end up sounding like they are trying too hard to copy the real thing..... Have you guys heard of the "sakuragasm??".... that should illustrate my point. :laugh: